Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So a profane cloud rolled into my embark area..  (Read 1433 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
So a profane cloud rolled into my embark area..
« on: February 15, 2012, 03:24:43 pm »

So I had embarked on a terrifying mountainous area, and some time around mid spring, something called a profane cloud had turned up. Because I'm a DF player, I had to send a dwarf inside the cloud.

That dwarf is now opposed to all life, and is now an enemy. And now that dwarf has killed everyone. And I am not kidding. It also turned a rabbit into a profane cloud zombie.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
These murk zombies feel no pain, are not rotted, and are as hard as hell to kill, and they are caused by being caught in a profane cloud. This is extremely cool.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So a profane cloud rolled into my embark area..
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 03:33:30 pm »

I wanted to see all the horrible horrors of terrible biomes, but my dwarves and the three following reclaim parties died of vile ichor rain. I guess this bloody rain was blood of a forgotten beast, since each and every dwarf inevitably rotted to death from just a second of exposure. A bit TOO fun for my taste, but I bet someone is already working to overcome it.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 04:06:05 pm »

The day I wiped out an entire fort by sacrificing my life to science.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 04:14:35 pm »

My Terrifying biome regularly rains putrid slime, which causes everyone who exposed to it to become fevered. Also, it appears that getting hit by falling slime causes physsical injury as well.

Other than that I just get Ogres and various weird whatever-men and all sorts of giant things.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 04:36:49 pm »

I wanted to see all the horrible horrors of terrible biomes, but my dwarves and the three following reclaim parties died of vile ichor rain. I guess this bloody rain was blood of a forgotten beast, since each and every dwarf inevitably rotted to death from just a second of exposure. A bit TOO fun for my taste, but I bet someone is already working to overcome it.
Yeah, that'll be a bug, rains aren't supposed to be directly lethal.