Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Epic bandits  (Read 937 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Epic bandits
« on: February 15, 2012, 02:37:45 am »

There's been a lot of complaining about the numbers of ambushes and the abilities of the bandits. Personally, i enjoy all the ambushes because it gives me good early training, but sometimes the bandits that show up are way to good for me, so realistically i run. Basically, what are the scariest bandit groups you've encountered, and how did you deal with them.

I was wandering around with my legendary elf hero when i was ambushed by 6 bandits (i was alone, so that is alot) 2 of them were master spearmen (1 a human the other a goblin) and another was a master crossbowman. I ran like a noob and lived to get killed by a zombie horde.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Epic bandits
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 02:48:36 am »

I was adventuring with my one buddy, both reasonably skilled fighters, when were ambushed by bandits.  Their crossbowman coldly took aim.  One shot, and my buddy collapsed in pain.  Second shot got me right in the leg, slowing me to a crawl.  Two shots, two incapacitated adventures.

Suffice to say, we didn't last long after that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 04:12:05 am »

it seems like archers have more power in the update. i usually give my adventurers full dodging capabilities, but recently i've been giving them full shield user so they can block all the arrows and bolts.

I was lucky enough to get a second legendary swordmaster adventurer (this time on a new world). thinking i had earned my lesson when i was killed trying to take on a necromancer alone, i recruited a swordsman and 20 villagers to siege his little tower. On the road i got attacked by bandits. there were alot of them, but that's normal. there was also a hammerlord, but i was a swordmaster with an iron longsword, so i could take him right? ..... no!!! and after watching my companions being brutally raped and slaughtered i found out that i was ambushed by 45 bandits which would have been nearly impossible to defeat without the hammerlord.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 05:49:43 am »

I've been getting killed by bandit archers a LOT.

Either by them getting a headshot or shooting me in knee leg causing me become so slow that I can't avoid rest of the attacks.

Frying Doby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 06:31:50 am »

I get ambushed a lot. But no problem. Kobolds, goblins, humans, GDS, freaking dingos ( seriously whats wrong with this guys), me and my Companions killed them all.
Then a 3 men Kobold squad ( 2 Bowold + 1 Spearold).... a 3 vs 3 match.
They absoluty slaughtered us. Not only because of the Bowmen, but because we could not hit any of them. They dogded everything. I managed to kill one through a lucky strike, but suffocated while running away.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 06:38:13 am »

I got one shotted by a freaking marksdwarf. Never met a dwarf before, now I meet one and he promptly shoots me in the head.... Damn
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.