Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3807725 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #10170 on: April 12, 2014, 03:50:40 am »

Hehe, I second that!  And I empathise DarkDXZ, I get the impression everyone is going mad in their own way around here.  I'm trying to appreciate the situation though, it's great watching everyone else bursting with anticipation. 
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: April 12, 2014, 06:07:09 am »

For six days, the dev log lay silent.  On the seventh day, Toady released DF2014 and saw it was riddled with bugs good.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: April 12, 2014, 06:08:55 am »

Let the bloody lily-hopper do his thing.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: April 12, 2014, 08:45:59 am »

For six days, the dev log lay silent.  On the seventh day, Toady released DF2014 and saw it was riddled with bugs good.

Oh, screw you.  :P I scroll down to the end of the thread, see this post, check the log, and get my hopes dashed.

I hope you're happy.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10174 on: April 12, 2014, 11:16:04 am »

Let the bloody lily-hopper do his thing.

I think I need to clean my glasses...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: April 12, 2014, 11:23:29 am »

It isn’t yet the seventh day since the devlog was released. That’s tomorrow.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: April 12, 2014, 12:22:38 pm »

It isn’t yet the seventh day since the devlog was released. That’s tomorrow.

Yes.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PigtailLlama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10177 on: April 12, 2014, 01:28:45 pm »

I always mod in lead as an ammo material, because I seem to be cursed to embark on massive galena deposits. Due to the hardness, in DF lead crossbow bolts have an effect like a sort of long range mace, causing bruises and blunt trauma rather than cuts and stuck-ins, and are a bit useless against armour, but are perfect for hunters.

I'd think it'd be better if you could use such metals as decoration or as "enhancements" to existing weapons and armor. Lead without a doubt would make for a good metal to create counterweights and cores in weapons, i.e. a mace or hammer with a lead core would hit harder and be heavier than a mace purely made of a single non-lead metal. Such techniques could be introduced through the weaponsmith or armor skill according to skill and the materials that are available.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:30:24 pm by PigtailLlama »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: April 12, 2014, 01:55:24 pm »

I'd think it'd be better if you could use such metals as decoration or as "enhancements" to existing weapons and armor. Lead without a doubt would make for a good metal to create counterweights and cores in weapons, i.e. a mace or hammer with a lead core would hit harder and be heavier than a mace purely made of a single non-lead metal. Such techniques could be introduced through the weaponsmith or armor skill according to skill and the materials that are available.

Toady has discussed this before:
Quote from: Footkerchief
Quote from: diefortheswarm
If you wanted to make an adamantine hammer,  you could make a hollow adamantine shell and fill it with molten lead.  This would be a very effective weapon!  Will we be able to do anything like this in the foreseeable future?

I could have sworn this exact idea came up before, but I couldn't find much.  Anyway, it basically depends on whether/when Toady implements a system for multi-component or multi-material items. <quote about multi-material items>

Yeah, I remember it coming up before as well, at least as somebody's offhand remark, and yeah, we need some more backing in the code but it's definitely something that dwarves would want to do, assuming they don't have some weird ethics regarding mixing adamantine with stuff.  I think at some point there was a rule against improving adamantine items or improving with adamantine, but that might be long gone.

There are also numerous Suggestions threads on the topic, like this one.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: April 12, 2014, 07:16:24 pm »

New devlog! At long last...
That one sounds heartwarming. It's like DF is getting a children's story potential...on top of all that gruesome and nasty stuff. :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: April 12, 2014, 07:17:46 pm »

THERE'S HUGGING NOW?!

yessssss

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: April 12, 2014, 07:30:13 pm »

Bug prediction:

In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: April 12, 2014, 07:40:31 pm »

I can see that being slightly deadly depending on what you're covered in.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: April 12, 2014, 08:35:40 pm »

THERE'S HUGGING NOW?!

yessssss

But no release.......

an unrelated drunk at the other side of the room shouted the daughter's name and then ran over and hugged me while the father and daughter stood in place crying tears of joy. It's fixed now.

I don’t really see how this is a “bug”. Key word: drunk 8) . I think this should stay in.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:37:40 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

catenate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: April 12, 2014, 08:37:51 pm »

Bug prediction:

Don't forget a third panel, since the daughter will now be wired up to have several reactions to her daddy searing in front of her.
Couverture: A chocolate-covered mod brings you a dark chocolate figurine of the deity of agriculture looking offended.

aban avuzsazirmafol tunur … kib saziradilîton kezkïg ugoshódkelid shatagistrath … kirondatanavuz ustosteshkad angngotololum―Bomonolthîkut fragments
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 748