Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3806774 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #10035 on: April 05, 2014, 06:25:06 am »

Damn it, I got a dream tonight that the new version is released and I need to make a mod ASAP. Then I woke up and the magic disappeared...
I had a dream where I was flying over an ocean for some reason. There were also snakes. In comparison, dreams about DF would make sense, and for that I envy you.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of the Fortress
« Reply #10036 on: April 05, 2014, 07:15:24 am »

Damn it, I got a dream tonight that the new version is released and I need to make a mod ASAP. Then I woke up and the magic disappeared...
I had a dream where I was flying over an ocean for some reason. There were also snakes. In comparison, dreams about DF would make sense, and for that I envy you.

I had a dream I was being chased by human-like creatures that have no sternums, but can completely open up their skeletons, ripping their skin and everything. I'm jealous of both of your dreams, but at least I now know what I'm modding in when the release comes.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:26:38 am by Lolfail0009 »

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: April 05, 2014, 07:23:51 am »

I had a dream in February that the new version came out (and its number was 0.50) and I got really excited about it. (I was at school in that dream so I was using my phone for it)

Then I woke up and got really angry that it didn't actually happen. :C
Brain, stop teasing me.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: April 05, 2014, 09:34:27 am »

I am happy I am not alone in DF-related dreams.

Urist_McSwitzer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: April 05, 2014, 05:27:24 pm »

If DF ever gets a full release (20-30 years, lol) while my giggle-stick is still working, I'm going to impregnate my wife and call our child Urist. 

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: April 05, 2014, 05:29:42 pm »

If DF ever gets a full release (20-30 years, lol) while my giggle-stick is still working, I'm going to impregnate my wife and call our child Urist.

0_o
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: April 05, 2014, 05:42:18 pm »

Alright, so just one or two more things left? Lets not go for any extended bugfixing this time please? It sounds like there aren't really crashes going on......
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 05:45:19 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: April 05, 2014, 05:55:53 pm »

Alright, so just one or two more things left? Lets not go for any extended bugfixing this time please? It sounds like there aren't really crashes going on......
Three - the info screen, vampire/deity guards, and intruder check things. Bugfixing will take as long as it needs for the game to be (vaguely) playable - I don't think Toady has run many extended tests beyond his current focus yet, and he'll at least want to try to avoid things like the sleep bug.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: April 05, 2014, 07:14:05 pm »

Oh my god, that's horrific and I love it. Can I sig it?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: April 05, 2014, 07:20:13 pm »

Oh my god, that's horrific and I love it. Can I sig it?

Oh dear goodness...just realised...the child would be called Urist McSwitzer the Second....
WHAT PARENT WOULD DO THAT TO THEIR CHILD?!?!?!
:P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: April 05, 2014, 09:17:22 pm »

This time? Which time was there before?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #10046 on: April 05, 2014, 11:29:23 pm »

All right, so just one or two more things left? Let's not go for any extended bugfixing this time please? It sounds like there aren't really crashes going on......
This time? Which time was there before?
I imagine he means the time before previous releases.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

finka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: April 06, 2014, 09:16:46 am »

Another small typo in the garden raws: the caper should have plural name "caper bushes", not "caper bushs".

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: April 06, 2014, 07:27:28 pm »

Shouldn't the pineapple 'tree' be more like 'shrub' since the plant isn't actually tree sized? Unless you don't have a category set for smaller plants or something.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:03:42 pm by smjjames »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: April 06, 2014, 07:52:05 pm »

So far as I can see, many plants have an [EDIBLE_VERMIN] tag. Why are they classified as vermin?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 748