Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3807233 times)

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #9555 on: March 10, 2014, 10:23:17 am »

What happens to stolen items once the bandits/you leave the map? Can they be tracked and reclaimed? Can the items end up outside the bandits' possession (in shops or camps, for example)?

Also, what qualifies as a "valuable" item for stealing?
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9556 on: March 10, 2014, 10:29:45 am »

What happens to stolen items once the bandits/you leave the map? Can they be tracked and reclaimed? Can the items end up outside the bandits' possession (in shops or camps, for example)?

Now this just wants me to try and make an artifact in a fort, retire said fort, get an adventurer to pick up said artifact, get himself robbed by bandits and then see where that things ends up. Possibly even reclaim it and return it to the fort.

Yup, I think I know what I'll be doing in DF2014. Not that I didn't have any plans for it already.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: March 10, 2014, 12:59:59 pm »

Now this just wants me to try and make an artifact in a fort, retire said fort, get an adventurer to pick up said artifact, get himself robbed by bandits and then see where that things ends up. Possibly even reclaim it and return it to the fort.

Yup, I think I know what I'll be doing in DF2014. Not that I didn't have any plans for it already.

For easy following, I'm pretty sure you can mod it to be syndrome-inducing, then you just follow the trail of whatever its effect is.

Then again, I'm quite sure goods don't move much post-world gen. Still valid main question, though. Can you find it on the robber? Does he sell it in the town? Does it vanish?
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: March 10, 2014, 02:08:35 pm »

Their leader made small talk as two others surrounded me.

Do all people have the potential to do smalltalk when they meet you or is this something reserved for important people or bandits?

Heheh, I'm thinking that ANYONE who's tries to make smalltalk needs an axe to the forehead as the initial reply.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: March 10, 2014, 06:38:39 pm »

Toady: Dang it, why won't anyone rob me? (not a real quote)

I find it funny that even when Toady finally gets robbed... they still don't actually rob him.

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: March 10, 2014, 06:49:00 pm »

Two Minecart related questions:

Will it be possible to designate a hauling stop [for trading] or some such. Attaching it to a Depot for purposes of bringing goods out from the depths of your Fort?

Will Invaders/Hostiles/Mischievous/etc creatures interact with [Push/Ride] a Minecart  they can path to?
I realize path finding wouldn't necessarily be able to tell if the route was safe or where it went, but I can think of plenty of instances for both case where you would(n't) want un-friendlies riding your rails.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: March 10, 2014, 09:26:18 pm »

Will it be possible to designate a hauling stop [for trading] or some such. Attaching it to a Depot for purposes of bringing goods out from the depths of your Fort?

Will Invaders/Hostiles/Mischievous/etc creatures interact with [Push/Ride] a Minecart  they can path to?
I realize path finding wouldn't necessarily be able to tell if the route was safe or where it went, but I can think of plenty of instances for both case where you would(n't) want un-friendlies riding your rails.

specific suggestions belong for the most part in the suggestion forum

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: March 11, 2014, 10:35:22 am »

Salt coming up in the tavern arc?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: March 11, 2014, 12:08:18 pm »

Salt as in the flavoring?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: March 11, 2014, 01:10:08 pm »

It's really too early to tell what will definitely come in with tavern work, but I do imagine that improved meals, including condiments, flavorings, as well as recipes, have a very good chance of being included. Food preservation might be there as well, but likely has less of a chance.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: March 11, 2014, 01:25:06 pm »

It's really too early to tell what will definitely come in with tavern work, but I do imagine that improved meals, including condiments, flavorings, as well as recipes, have a very good chance of being included. Food preservation might be there as well, but likely has less of a chance.

Eh, it wouldn't make much sense to include salt and not do food preservation at the same time. That's a much more important point to it than the much later flavoring aspect. Anyway, I wouldn't say the food revamp/expansion will necessarily be worked into with the tavern stuff. It is sort of feature creep territory, so it's a toss-up I'd say ^^

Somewhat relevant quote for those interested:

Because if things are left alone they'll rot because that's what happens, but I don't remember how strongly I fought rot when I went to do the towns, so it's possible that you could have eternal meat and in that case that's kind of strange, because we should get to salting stuff, and making cooked stuff last a little bit longer, what other weird things people do ... use sugar to preserve fruit or something, is that right? We've got a lot to do there, should be intriguing to add the salt based industries, and mine your salt and then I guess you grind it down or something. That's what the internet is for, it's so I don't have to know anything. It'll be alright.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: March 11, 2014, 01:38:06 pm »

specific suggestions belong for the most part in the suggestion forum
So that's a "No", then? /amusement

Do we as adventurers have the option to rob people?

What speed will Fort mode dwarves default to?
I'm imagining a horde of dwarves zooming through the halls at full tilt.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: March 11, 2014, 02:49:42 pm »

Thus far, that's pretty much what adventure mode has been all about. :)
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: March 11, 2014, 03:42:10 pm »

So that's a "No", then? /amusement

It just needed to be disguised a little better, like the rest of us do with our suggestion questions.  ;D But it still wouldn't get much of an answer, such as with the "Salt?" one.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: March 11, 2014, 04:00:49 pm »

Thus far, that's pretty much what adventure mode has been all about. :)

I guess the specific question is: once an NPC yields, can we demand that they drop their belongings?
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 748