Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3805963 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #8535 on: December 31, 2013, 08:20:58 pm »

If it miraculously does come out within the next few hours, you may be calling it DF2013.
But given that now I live in the new year it's going to be DF2014.

What even makes you think it'll come out tonight? #cynicism
The dream is alive! #things I read watching Saltybets #yes I will never use hashtags on the forum again
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: December 31, 2013, 08:22:47 pm »

It sounded like he still has work to do for Dwarven sites, and maybe Elven sites.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: January 01, 2014, 09:39:21 am »

if you read the report for this year, it seems that there will be a noticeable number of releases this year.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: January 01, 2014, 10:43:26 am »

if you read the report for this year, it seems that there will be a noticeable number of releases this year.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: January 01, 2014, 12:45:33 pm »

Well, that usually is the plan anyway.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: January 01, 2014, 01:08:09 pm »

If it miraculously does come out within the next few hours, you may be calling it DF2013.
But given that now I live in the new year it's going to be DF2014.

What even makes you think it'll come out tonight? #cynicism
The dream is alive! #things I read watching Saltybets #yes I will never use hashtags on the forum again

Wait ... you aren't just adding comments to your post?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: January 02, 2014, 10:25:45 am »

First devblog post of the new year (not counting the January report post) and 2013 has been archived.

Anatoli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: January 02, 2014, 11:46:54 am »

So how big are the squads we are talking about, and why would there be multiple leaders?
And exactly what kind of orders are we talking about? (I assume it has to far simply been "conquer that village," but still.)
PS: Also, are we talking about our own group, (why would we have other leaders?) or about the village garrison?

Also, love-bot?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:49:21 am by Anatoli »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: January 02, 2014, 11:52:51 am »

Also, love-bot?

Some sort of spambot I assume.

Edit: According to this post: www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132904.msg4876619#msg4876619  they were love counseling spambots or something.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:56:49 am by smjjames »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: January 02, 2014, 12:02:44 pm »

As far as I could gather from a quick skim (I didn't want to read too much, lest I lose SAN), they were promising to make you get a better love-life through black magic. And, interestingly, were providing a phone number, rather than a link.

Anatoli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: January 02, 2014, 01:57:03 pm »

Awesome. I do love these bots and their stupidity sometimes.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: January 02, 2014, 05:06:28 pm »

How will you avoid all the (mortal) adventurers loitering in taverns from dying of old age?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: January 02, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »

How will you avoid all the (mortal) adventurers loitering in taverns from dying of old age?

New ones will be born during gameplay:
Children grow up throughout the world now, as you are playing, and new relationships are scheduled properly. There aren't always people available, especially in the smaller sites, so they can look down the trade network at times. Members of a new pair don't move to each other's sites yet, though. I'm going to handle that with entity position succession, which is next, so we should see various travellers on occasion when that is done. I'm looking forward to the world being a bit more of a churning mass of activity, and it'll be nice for fortress mode especially to have proper replacements for all of the people that eventually pass on, so that you can keep up successive games for longer in the same world at the same level of involvement as time goes on.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:35:20 pm by Footkerchief »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: January 03, 2014, 02:11:47 am »

Also, love-bot?
I know it was probably just spam, but in my mind it was robots that give you procedurally generated compliments.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: January 03, 2014, 03:16:03 am »

New ones will be born during gameplay:
Children grow up throughout the world now, as you are playing, and new relationships are scheduled properly. There aren't always people available, especially in the smaller sites, so they can look down the trade network at times. Members of a new pair don't move to each other's sites yet, though. I'm going to handle that with entity position succession, which is next, so we should see various travellers on occasion when that is done. I'm looking forward to the world being a bit more of a churning mass of activity, and it'll be nice for fortress mode especially to have proper replacements for all of the people that eventually pass on, so that you can keep up successive games for longer in the same world at the same level of involvement as time goes on.
To play the devil's advocate, we cannot be sure that historical figures will become adventurers during play yet, as they do in worldgen.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 748