Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3809195 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #7545 on: September 21, 2013, 03:25:59 pm »

@rib: Not really my own opinion on climbability, just what I remembered (offhand) from what Toady had mentioned in talks/this thread. You are right about the 'impossible', that was supposed to be 'harder' (to climb blocks).

How about climbing/clamping onto the underside of floors/cave ceilings for flying and/or clawed creatures such as swallowmen, bats and spiders?
Will this be a 'lowhanging fruit' (;)) when climbing is put in, or will the additional pathfinding for climb-capables be a project in itself?

New bug: upon starting a fort, when the cave swallowmen eventually lose their grips on the ceiling...
The stray cave swallowman has blown apart after colliding with an obstacle! x52
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7546 on: September 21, 2013, 05:54:58 pm »

Anyways, Toady One, will there be a way to better manage worn clothes in the next version as there really isn't any simple way to separate the worn clothes and keep them out of the new and unworn clothes stockpiles? Like for example, a stockpile option.

I support this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: September 21, 2013, 06:05:42 pm »

Suggestions don't belong in the FotF thread and we have a board for that for a reason.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7548 on: September 21, 2013, 06:27:55 pm »

Suggestions don't belong in the FotF thread and we have a board for that for a reason.

I was just giving an example of what a way to better manage worn clothes might be, and it's a legit question.

Ribs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7549 on: September 21, 2013, 06:41:51 pm »

Well, if by "next version" you mean the one being worked on right now, the answer is most probably no. There has been no mention of improving the way the game deals with managing worn clothing in DF at all in the devlogs or anywhere else. Maybe on the subsequent release, when they will be dealing with smaller, more dwarf mode related problems while working on job priorities as they said they would, this could come up.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7550 on: September 21, 2013, 07:50:09 pm »

Well, if by "next version" you mean the one being worked on right now, the answer is most probably no. There has been no mention of improving the way the game deals with managing worn clothing in DF at all in the devlogs or anywhere else. Maybe on the subsequent release, when they will be dealing with smaller, more dwarf mode related problems while working on job priorities as they said they would, this could come up.
Its not a job priority thing though. Unless they made it a new job. If anything, its an extra setting for a stockpile.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

O11O1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: September 22, 2013, 12:37:20 pm »

Repairing clothing seems like it would be a workshop reaction, to improve the wear quality on things (and give us more of a use for those clothiers.) It seems like the perfect thing to get Toady to tangent into expanding wear quality to lots of -other- things too, so definitely not something to include in this release.
A slight smell of ions.....

... "My student guidance counselor said my personality test results came back, and my ideal career is as a brigand because I love hurting people and stealing stuff, with a Life Goal of killing 3 or 4 adventurers" ...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: September 22, 2013, 03:00:42 pm »

Reparing clothing is a popular suggestion and there are tons of threads to discuss it in.  It won't be in the next version.  It's not on the dev page, which means if it does get implemented, it probably won't be anytime soon.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: September 22, 2013, 03:42:10 pm »

Does anyone know if the agriculture is getting any updates in the next release?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: September 22, 2013, 03:49:21 pm »

Does anyone know if the agriculture is getting any updates in the next release?

I've heard about fruiting trees and Toady One has mentioned coconuts and maybe mangoes in the devlog, so I do know about that. As far as what other updates to agriculture are in the next release, no idea.

While a good deal of the agriculture update seems to be with fruiting trees, I have no idea about creating fruit tree farms.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:53:52 pm by smjjames »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7555 on: September 22, 2013, 05:23:28 pm »

You can pick berries in adv mode, IIRC, unless that was only fruits.

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: September 22, 2013, 06:02:54 pm »

Now that trees are relatively done for the time being, how is the addition of browsing for certain grazers looking? Since this is needed to fix the issue of certain larger grazers starving currently, is this something we might see touched in the post release fixing period? Or would that be too extensive an addition and have to wait for a future release? :>

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7557 on: September 22, 2013, 06:08:18 pm »

Now that trees are relatively done for the time being, how is the addition of browsing for certain grazers looking? Since this is needed to fix the issue of certain larger grazers starving currently, is this something we might see touched in the post release fixing period? Or would that be too extensive an addition and have to wait for a future release? :>

Nopes, animal feeding isn't gonna be worked on for this release. There been no dev logs about it, and it'd be very unlikely that that bug would get fixed, as they aren't related to any of the features for this release.

Also how do they relate to trees?

Trees were adjusted for the Elves and the trees were never part of the animal feeding that currently in the game.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7558 on: September 22, 2013, 06:14:49 pm »

Nopes, animal feeding isn't gonna be worked on for this release. There been no dev logs about it, and it'd be very unlikely that that bug would get fixed, as they aren't related to any of the features for this release.

Trees were adjusted for the Elves and the trees were never part of the animal feeding that currently in the game.

Well, the problem couldn't get fixed until multi-tile trees were implemented anyway. There was something about reaching or maybe the fruits that fall on the ground could supplement for the larger grazers.

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7559 on: September 22, 2013, 06:27:08 pm »

I didn't say this release. A bunch of issues will most likely be poked at, both old and new, after the release and new bugs are ironed out. As for how it's related to trees iirc updating trees was one of the hurdles to take care of last time this issue was discussed, hence the question :P
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 748