Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3808352 times)

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #7290 on: August 14, 2013, 04:45:26 pm »

In adventurer mode, will wounds heal after waiting/sleeping for 8~ hours still, or will we be forced/able to visit a doctor for proper treatment?
Currently, the only way to heal certain injuries is to be bitten by a were-beast and wait to transform, and that is a bit too... strange, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:01:35 pm by Scarlet_Avenger »

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: August 14, 2013, 05:00:27 pm »

About doctor, I think this has been discussed in a former DF talk or a future of the fortress reply. The reply is that "it will be done, but not yet".

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: August 14, 2013, 07:57:26 pm »

Quote from: devlog
some of the bandits will naturally arise as displaced village leaders that wouldn't mind getting back in place

Does this mean that the possibility for peaceful run-ins with bandits will make it in the next release? As in, if you just run into a dispossessed leader bandit, he might not automatically be hostile and instead offer you a quest (presumably to kill the incumbent leader/usurper of his old village)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: August 14, 2013, 08:16:34 pm »

Sounds like an opportunity for a gang of Merry Men. Archers all :D
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: August 15, 2013, 01:28:32 am »

Sounds like an opportunity for a gang of Merry Men. Archers all :D

Well, we will finally be able to give archers new arrows when they run out.  Not that I can remember the last time I had an archer run out of arrows before getting mowed down in an ambush.

And speaking of ambushes, with the new equipping allies system our allies will be more likely to survive an ambush, yes?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: August 15, 2013, 09:58:06 am »

Is climbing going to be tiring in the first implementation? If so, will the weight you are carrying be taken into consideration?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: August 15, 2013, 10:37:26 am »

New version is sounding more badass with every update.

Ribs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: August 15, 2013, 03:31:55 pm »

Is climbing going to be tiring in the first implementation? If so, will the weight you are carrying be taken into consideration?

Speaking of activities making you tired, how tiring is running going to be? Realistically, while people in good physical condition can "run" for several hours, it's very hard to sprint at full velocity for a long time. Are we going to see creatures passing out from exaustion from running? It would add a whole new dimention to persuing a target when you have the possibility of beating him in endurance instead of only speed.

Another running question:
One interesting aspect of including "natural" abilities such as climbing and swimming as skills is that they can attach themselves to other core abilities, like strengh and endurance. It makes sense to increase strengh, stamina, etc by training your climbing or swimming skill, although as far as I can tell that doesn't happen right now with non-fighting skills. Is there a reason why running isn't getting the same treatment? It would make sense to have your endurance enhanced as you train your running "skill".  Although I could see how running is something that is much more attached to more general abilities such as strengh and agility rather than a specific skill...

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: August 15, 2013, 03:38:37 pm »

And by the looks of it, it's VERY close at this point, given the length of the last update.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: August 15, 2013, 09:03:16 pm »

And by the looks of it, it's VERY close at this point, given the length of the last update.
Yeah, probably just a couple months left!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7300 on: August 16, 2013, 06:07:54 am »

Yeah, probably just a couple months left!

You're making me sad by saying this...

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: August 16, 2013, 06:10:39 am »

Dark, your avatar terrifies me. It is legit scary.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: August 16, 2013, 03:26:27 pm »

Dark, your avatar terrifies me. It is legit scary.

Which one?
I have plenty in rotation. (all of which I try to keep in the same "Obama Hope" aesthetic)

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: August 16, 2013, 05:59:32 pm »

Adventure mode bandits and night creatures and so forth are going to follow actual patrol routes now instead of teleporting to your location to ambush you, right? Are these patrol routes through the wilderness realized all the way down into the gameplay view? Will we be able to sit hidden among the leaves and watch a shadow crone or a goblin squadron make its way through the underbrush, without ever noticing us up there? Have the old travel mode ambushes been replaced by the game pulling you out of fast travel whenever your character observes something interesting (tracks, creatures, etc.) in the surroundings?

It sounds like the local feuds and raids will be great. They provide more playable content for the release, in a way that also helps connect the player with the dynamics of the world. Being able to implement the feature with only a small amount of extra groundwork makes it even better. I'm looking forward to strolling down the main street of some desert town, righting wrongs for A Fistful of Dwarfbucks.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: August 16, 2013, 07:08:53 pm »

It sounds like the local feuds and raids will be great. They provide more playable content for the release, in a way that also helps connect the player with the dynamics of the world. Being able to implement the feature with only a small amount of extra groundwork makes it even better. I'm looking forward to strolling down the main street of some desert town, righting wrongs for A Fistful of Dwarfbucks.

I believe you mean A Fistful of Pigtail-Socks
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 748