Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3806813 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #6315 on: May 08, 2013, 08:34:21 pm »

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when the FUN starts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: May 08, 2013, 10:32:23 pm »

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when the FUN starts.
Because he is the FUN.

In Gandalf's case, the !!FUN!!.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: May 09, 2013, 12:23:11 am »

I shall found a band of democratic insurgents, fighting for ideas ahead of their time!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6318 on: May 09, 2013, 01:07:11 am »

Because he is the FUN.

In Gandalf's case, the !!FUN!!.

Which is actually true, when you read what people have to say about Gandalf.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: May 09, 2013, 07:40:20 am »

if a dwarf of a retired fortress (lets say, an adamantine clad soldier) migrates to a new one, will he carry his equipment? In case he doen't, will his armor stay home or will it just dissappear?
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: May 09, 2013, 08:09:33 am »

if a dwarf of a retired fortress (lets say, an adamantine clad soldier) migrates to a new one, will he carry his equipment? In case he doen't, will his armor stay home or will it just dissappear?
Dwarfs from abandoned fortresses carry their equipment already, the same should apply to retired fortresses.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: May 09, 2013, 10:58:20 am »

I once made an adventurer retire in a mountainhome while carrying a bag of wild strawberries, but when he migrated to my fort, he didn't have it, nor his weapons, but I imagine that his clothes whould probably be the same, and this whole thing will likely be fixed when Toady releases the new version.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: May 09, 2013, 12:10:38 pm »

Well, he had to eat something right? And perhaps that meager bag wasn't enough so he traded his weapons for more food.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: May 09, 2013, 06:43:28 pm »

Well, he had to eat something right? And perhaps that meager bag wasn't enough so he traded his weapons for more food.
That bag had over 80 strawberries in it! It was so heavy I had to drop it to fight!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: May 10, 2013, 12:07:04 pm »

In the future, will there be vampires that are less lethal about bloodlust and civs more accepting of vampires? Like a vampire civ where, after a couple has enough children to ensure replacement level fertility, they are then changed themselves

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: May 10, 2013, 12:27:02 pm »

In the future, will there be vampires that are less lethal about bloodlust and civs more accepting of vampires? Like a vampire civ where, after a couple has enough children to ensure replacement level fertility, they are then changed themselves

Well, that sounds pretty elaborate, but as with everything in the future tense and not related with the current release, the answer might be "yes, no timeline". It could work better with the intended and already commented Character Agenda, where both righteous and villainous critters might adjust their schedules to do stuff that promotes their bidding, and also use some help from adventurers and fortress denizens, wether if they ask for it or not. So having a vampire ruler that harvests people instead of bloodletting them in a mindless fashion shouldn't be that far fetched. Maybe Toady has something related to that in his new roadmap, but yeah, that's a basic goal.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: May 10, 2013, 01:53:52 pm »

Well, that sounds pretty elaborate, but as with everything in the future tense and not related with the current release, the answer might be "yes, no timeline". It could work better with the intended and already commented Character Agenda, where both righteous and villainous critters might adjust their schedules to do stuff that promotes their bidding, and also use some help from adventurers and fortress denizens, wether if they ask for it or not. So having a vampire ruler that harvests people instead of bloodletting them in a mindless fashion shouldn't be that far fetched. Maybe Toady has something related to that in his new roadmap, but yeah, that's a basic goal.

Thank you. I just love to speculate. and its nice to hear form everyone. :3

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: May 10, 2013, 08:49:54 pm »

On top of that, I remember (but have no quotes handy) that Toady had wanted to have a bunch of different kinds of vampires such that they would be different from world to world, but that got cut due to time constraints. So in general, more diverse vampires/werewolves/night creatures in general is a goal, but no real timeline on it right now.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: May 10, 2013, 09:34:54 pm »

Toady told Giant Bomb that the next release will be "some months in the future". So we have a new ETA for the next release.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: May 10, 2013, 09:54:27 pm »

When did he?
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 748