Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3809884 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3840 on: October 09, 2012, 10:47:59 pm »

No hailing Toady until there are Chestnuts roasting on an open fire!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: October 09, 2012, 10:55:33 pm »

No hailing Toady until there are Chestnuts roasting on an open fire!
How about tossing Chestnuts at elves? Thats my christmas dream right there. Hell, now he HAS to have this up by the 25th of december.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: October 10, 2012, 12:01:20 am »

Is there anything useful we can do with dead leaves? They probably don't burn hot enough to be used as a fuel, but maybe fertilizer?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: October 10, 2012, 01:04:26 am »

On itemclouds: Is it possible to use that type as material breath? I would like to see shrapnel-"clouds" from say a giant porcupine instead of a single spine. 

For breakable items it couldalso make sense. Glass and ceramics breaking into shard-clouds for example.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: October 10, 2012, 01:26:46 am »

Is there anything useful we can do with dead leaves? They probably don't burn hot enough to be used as a fuel, but maybe fertilizer?
I can tell you from personal experience that the only practical use in burning leaves is to dispose of them. They burn quick and bright, but thrown up embers in large amounts and don't produce much heat.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: October 10, 2012, 01:41:01 am »

It's nice to have acorns and chestnuts in the game, though I don't have roasting handled.
Are you planning to do that? I can't tell if this is just a joke or if it's also suggesting that the adventure mode campfires might see more use.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: October 10, 2012, 03:25:15 am »

Cue all kinds of adventure mode cartoons, fortress stories, etc, featuring mass murder by apples.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: October 10, 2012, 04:13:38 am »

It's nice to have acorns and chestnuts in the game, though I don't have roasting handled.
Are you planning to do that? I can't tell if this is just a joke or if it's also suggesting that the adventure mode campfires might see more use.
Considering this is the guy who decided to describe liver as 'chopped' rather than the standard 'prepared', I don't think that 'just a joke' is enough for it NOT to be in the game =D  In all seriousness though, adv mode cooking is probably in the works with all the other adv mode things. Should be as simple (or as difficult) as making adv mode reactions require a heat source.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: October 10, 2012, 08:08:46 am »

Considering this is the guy who decided to describe liver as 'chopped' rather than the standard 'prepared', I don't think that 'just a joke' is enough for it NOT to be in the game =D  In all seriousness though, adv mode cooking is probably in the works with all the other adv mode things. Should be as simple (or as difficult) as making adv mode reactions require a heat source.

He'll implement it. One line of code will conflict with another line of code in a completely different file. You are now standing on a field of ducks.

Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
  • Whispers subterrene.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: October 10, 2012, 09:28:05 am »

How long does leaf-clutter last on the ground?  I'm a little OCD about fortress cleanliness and contaminants (the cleaning bug drives me crazy right now)--will dwarves get rakes?

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: October 10, 2012, 09:39:42 am »

ROASTING MUST BE ADDED

When, not if, this is added will we be able to roast nuts in fortress mode?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: October 10, 2012, 09:48:56 am »

[...]I'm a little OCD about fortress cleanliness and contaminants (the cleaning bug drives me crazy right now)--will dwarves get rakes?
I really doubt that. It doesn't fit the time period, and considering how contaminants work right now, you wouldn't be able to clear a tile - just like trying to remove snow.

Will we be able to use rotting leaves as a fertilizer?
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: October 10, 2012, 10:50:36 am »

ROASTING MUST BE ADDED

For a moment I thought that Toady meant some other roasting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roasting_(metallurgy) uff what a relieve.
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: October 10, 2012, 10:58:44 am »

Will we also be able to pick fruit in Dwarf Fortress mode too, as well as adventure mode?

This is just brilliant. I'm looking forward to seeing the new elf sites!
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: October 10, 2012, 11:25:29 am »

Will we also be able to pick fruit in Dwarf Fortress mode too, as well as adventure mode?

This is just brilliant. I'm looking forward to seeing the new elf sites!

If so how much fruit will there be? Will there be enough to have a major impact on how we play the food supply game?
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 748