Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3805955 times)

catenate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #9705 on: March 21, 2014, 04:47:41 pm »

Bah Footkerchief! Your lack of faith and respect on the Toady shall not pass unattended for long, for his rage and vengefulness are bound by no limits beyond those of the 32 bits! Beware!

This, however, is embarrassing.

"Let us maintain our chill composure."

Also, respect Footkerchief.
Couverture: A chocolate-covered mod brings you a dark chocolate figurine of the deity of agriculture looking offended.

aban avuzsazirmafol tunur … kib saziradilîton kezkďg ugoshódkelid shatagistrath … kirondatanavuz ustosteshkad angngotololum―Bomonolthîkut fragments

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9706 on: March 21, 2014, 04:51:33 pm »

Bah Footkerchief! Your lack of faith and respect on the Toady shall not pass unattended for long, for his rage and vengefulness are bound by no limits beyond those of the 32 bits! Beware!
And the single core.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9707 on: March 21, 2014, 05:32:50 pm »

Also, respect Footkerchief.
Inb4 Footkerchiev heresy.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9708 on: March 21, 2014, 06:14:50 pm »

;D
Hehehehe that's what happens when I have too much free time.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9709 on: March 22, 2014, 10:27:49 am »

I personally have a good deal of respect for Footkerchief. More for Toady, of course, and while it seems very much like me to worship him in jest... I don't think this is the thread for it. We could make a thread for it, though, I suppose... lol

And now, less off-topic.
Will there be tags to make creatures easier/harder/impossible to smell? (such as [STRONG_ODOR], [WEAK_ODOR], [NOT_SMELLABLE], for creatures such as dogs, lions, and the "amethyst man", respectively)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9710 on: March 22, 2014, 02:22:52 pm »

There's isn't one already? Meh, I think about taking a laugh or two from Toady and anyone reading the question.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9711 on: March 22, 2014, 06:19:19 pm »

Quote from: Toady One
there are giant mushrooms now that seem to work their way into everything

I suspect that's realistic, if unhelpful.  Perhaps there needs to be code for tree-chopping (or mushroom-chopping, as it were) to keep the trade routes clear.  I'm sure Toady will figure something out.
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9712 on: March 22, 2014, 06:33:22 pm »

I remember when Toady first implemented the tunnels that I tried several times to reach different moutainhomes just by walking through them, but there were always some problem with them that made them impassable, usually related to bridges. It was fun though, as they were populated by underground denizens. I hope he fixes them this time.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9713 on: March 22, 2014, 06:47:32 pm »

there are giant mushrooms now that seem to work their way into everything

I suspect that's realistic, if unhelpful.  Perhaps there needs to be code for tree-chopping (or mushroom-chopping, as it were) to keep the trade routes clear.  I'm sure Toady will figure something out.

I suspect he is running into that problem.

Hope he fixes the thing with subterranean tree density just increasing and increasing because it'll end up choked with subterranean trees.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9714 on: March 22, 2014, 06:52:11 pm »

I like this thread. The suggestions are so subtle  ;D
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

PigtailLlama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9715 on: March 22, 2014, 07:16:00 pm »

Recent update stuff

So does this mean that brokers will actually do their job when requested now instead of waiting till the last moment?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9716 on: March 22, 2014, 08:28:57 pm »

Recent update stuff

So does this mean that brokers will actually do their job when requested now instead of waiting till the last moment?

If you mean this, it's referring to the spawning of brokers in world sites, and has no bearing on Fortress Mode brokers:
Quote from: devlog
Tunnel trade runs haven't been going smoothly, but I found an old buried error in the 3D map code that was causing all the cave dragons and water to sneak into the central fortress up-down column, and various other problems besides, so that's good, anyway. I also had to play with world gen a bit to get brokers to show up at all since it wasn't doing unimportant positions for sites (as it makes too many functionary historical figures throughout history that way). Map bugs are always time-consuming (more-so because there are giant mushrooms now that seem to work their way into everything), but we should be getting away from them as we move past this item, since none of the other issues involve maps. I have to have a successful depot run first though. Back to it!

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9717 on: March 22, 2014, 08:29:48 pm »

Recent update stuff

That is a job priorities thing, which is not in for this release.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9718 on: March 22, 2014, 10:07:22 pm »

Anyone got a clue on how smelling will be observed?

Will it be like a message, i.e.

"You smell a rotting corpse!"

or will it be an active thing, like you hit a button to see what you smell, or perhaps there would be a tile tinge based on smells?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

blazing glory

« Reply #9719 on: March 22, 2014, 10:31:58 pm »

Tile tinges will make the map messy so probably not  that.
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 748