Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3769435 times)

Uristsonsonson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #9105 on: February 05, 2014, 06:25:49 am »

I'm going to have to go against the grain here and stand by my original theory that there will not be a release. We already have the last version that will be made public. The dev log is just to tease everyone. :D

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: February 05, 2014, 06:38:57 am »

I'm going to have to go against the grain here and stand by my original theory that there will not be a release. We already have the last version that will be made public. The dev log is just to tease everyone. :D

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE

Ahem...
Will reactions to simultaneous attacks happen separately or simultaneously? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm only a Dabbling Record Keeper.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: February 05, 2014, 07:15:07 am »

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: February 05, 2014, 09:11:12 am »

Pretty please?

I say April is the month
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: February 05, 2014, 09:30:45 am »

Obvious troll is obvious.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: February 05, 2014, 09:32:30 am »

Joking != trolling...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: February 05, 2014, 09:40:56 am »

Joking != trolling...

I was also teasing him around.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: February 05, 2014, 09:43:13 am »

Joking != trolling...

I was also teasing him around.

Well, I was just teasing you around.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: February 05, 2014, 10:11:04 am »

No I WAS teasing my self around...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: February 05, 2014, 10:35:23 am »

Be mindful that if Toady is assassinated the code doesn't get released, so don't get any funny ideas to make your ideas come true :P

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: February 05, 2014, 10:48:22 am »

Be mindful that if Toady is assassinated the code doesn't get released, so don't get any funny ideas to make your ideas come true :P

Is that seriously a thing in his will?

(I say March 2014. March 16th for lulz; it's my little sister's birthday.)

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: February 05, 2014, 10:51:46 am »

Could it be?  Another April 1st release?

Yeah, we've mentioned my untimely demise before, most recently because this town has lots of drunks and meth and some of the stupidest ass people that yell at you from vehicles as you might ever encounter (despite warnings from well-meaning people with misgivings about Texas, nothing ever happened down there, whereas up here in Silverdale I've been yelled at or had crap thrown at me or whatever no fewer than fifteen times while shopping, etc., even though I walked more down there), and the idea was to release everything.  I should amend that though -- if there are suspicions of foul play, and the preponderance of the evidence suggests that the death was related to getting the source released, then, well, no source then.  Yes, you will be punished for the wrongdoings of others, so pray for my safety!  No killing for the source!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:54:09 am by Footkerchief »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: February 05, 2014, 11:13:12 am »

I warned about this and anybody with a barely working understanding of transdwarfntum mechanics could see, this release is pivotal for the rest of the life of the game, this is akin to the baby starting to talk or walk, from this point on it will learn faster, it will surprise us with new tricks everyday, it also become more complex and independent.

This release will be the first release of the rest of our lives :P

Given it's critical importance I don't care if Toady needs another whole year to release it.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: February 05, 2014, 11:19:17 am »

Could it be?  Another April 1st release?

Yeah, we've mentioned my untimely demise before, most recently because this town has lots of drunks and meth and some of the stupidest ass people that yell at you from vehicles as you might ever encounter (despite warnings from well-meaning people with misgivings about Texas, nothing ever happened down there, whereas up here in Silverdale I've been yelled at or had crap thrown at me or whatever no fewer than fifteen times while shopping, etc., even though I walked more down there), and the idea was to release everything.  I should amend that though -- if there are suspicions of foul play, and the preponderance of the evidence suggests that the death was related to getting the source released, then, well, no source then.  Yes, you will be punished for the wrongdoings of others, so pray for my safety!  No killing for the source!

Quite dwarfy. No unfortunate accidents allowed!

@LordBaal: Hmmm, that's a decent analogy. It's definitely a major major release. I was here for the transition between DF2010 and DF2012, and this looks to be more game-changing than that. Retiring... fooooooooorts...  :o

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: February 05, 2014, 11:41:05 am »

Clearly we need a Commission on Undwarfly Activities to root out who's most likely to assassinate our glorious dev.

jk, of course. Heh, but that will is awesome. It's taking the Dev Team thinks of Everything to the next level.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 748