Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3805422 times)

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #7935 on: November 05, 2013, 06:41:29 pm »

Toady I would love to know if you plan to fix the in-born fortress growth bug.
It affects fortress affairs greatly!

You mean this one, right?  When requesting a fix, providing a link is good manners.

Yes this! I had the thread bookmarked but I'd lost it.

The fix is only for dwarves too I think! So war creatures get the shaft.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: November 05, 2013, 06:54:31 pm »

Pretty sure the fix actually goes through every unit on the map.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: November 06, 2013, 10:14:38 am »

Quote from: devlog
11/05/2013 Toady One We've been continuing along with the list. I just finished a bunch of bookkeeping with invaders picking out buildings to operate from -- when a site's map is realized and all the citizens are spread out between buildings, an army that arrives for occupation also needs to sort itself out in a more specific way, and any historical figure that is staying in town needs to have a home, and so on. Generally they'll displace the current leadership and take over whatever castle or mead hall structure is around. I also cleaned up how they set up the new government -- during the first test, a kidnapped child that grew up to be a scout for the goblins was the one they selected to be the ruler of the town under occupation. It's cool that things like that are happening during play now, though of course the really juicy stuff relating to relatives and so on hasn't been done yet.

"Cool" is an understatement.  Making this kind of meaningful interaction occur in gameplay has always been the big promise of DF's ground-up approach.  It's really exciting to see it beginning to happen.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: November 06, 2013, 10:34:58 am »

I have a feeling that this is getting really close now.
Dibs on late November/early December release.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: November 06, 2013, 12:05:52 pm »

I have a feeling that this is getting really close now.
Dibs on late November/early December release.

I find that with Toady, the safe bet is always the latest time rather than the soonest.

BinaryBeast1010011010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: November 06, 2013, 12:11:57 pm »

More likely to be mid january.
Source: optimism
cant stop playing DF?
 : (){ :|:& };:

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: November 06, 2013, 01:00:44 pm »

I vote for Christmas. Because it would make an awesome Christmas present.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: November 06, 2013, 01:24:44 pm »

I've said in other threads that Toady seems to be aiming for sometime in December, So I'm hoping it'll happen near the end of the month.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: November 06, 2013, 01:54:06 pm »

Maybe December. He say something about 15th this month but for a release? December/January is probably optimistic enough.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: November 06, 2013, 02:15:32 pm »

He said that they would be finished with the main list by or around the 15th, then they would see where thy are at or something.

If things are going REALLY well or Toady feels good about where they are at with fit for release, then a mid or late December release is likely, but early or mid January seems a bit more likely. I'm sure Toady wants to try for a release around Christmas if its reasonable :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: November 06, 2013, 04:39:59 pm »

He said that they would be finished with the main list by or around the 15th, then they would see where thy are at or something.

If things are going REALLY well or Toady feels good about where they are at with fit for release, then a mid or late December release is likely, but early or mid January seems a bit more likely. I'm sure Toady wants to try for a release around Christmas if its reasonable :)

For 0.34.01, they got through the list IIRC two weeks before release, so...

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: November 06, 2013, 06:08:00 pm »

Toady, I've see lots of people ask about equipping followers. What I would be more interested in learning is if it is going to be easier to teach them to swim? It doesn't really matter what they swing, if they drown crossing the stream. I guess with new non-lethal combat system, could you find a lake to repeatedly 'push' cohorts into until they stop floundering?

PigtailLlama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: November 06, 2013, 07:29:23 pm »

Toady, I've see lots of people ask about equipping followers. What I would be more interested in learning is if it is going to be easier to teach them to swim? It doesn't really matter what they swing, if they drown crossing the stream. I guess with new non-lethal combat system, could you find a lake to repeatedly 'push' cohorts into until they stop floundering?

I want to say that many NPCs and followers are actually trained in swimming now?...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: November 06, 2013, 09:09:11 pm »

Suggestions go in the Suggestions forum.  There are several already about giving creatures better swimming skills:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=39665.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=30507.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: November 07, 2013, 12:27:59 am »

Suggestions go in the Suggestions forum.  There are several already about giving creatures better swimming skills:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=39665.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=30507.0

Sounds more like a question about interactions with companions and whether the non-lethal combat can 'push' them into the water than a suggestion to me.
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 748