Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3807732 times)

Ribs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #7140 on: July 15, 2013, 03:45:34 pm »

Nobility stands as it is, right now, because a lot of the systems haven't been laid on the ground yet, but seemingly it's going to change. You might have noticed that there's a slim chance of having nobility lineages amongst parents and their sons, when is not broken by calamity or an urge of necromancy (which requests the noble to leave their official position in worldgen); uncles and other extended relatives are just nominal, they don't have any relevance yet. As with nobles opening new entities during play, it might go hand-to-hand with our chance as adventurers to start our own entities, itself a planned feature.

In short, Yes-But-No-Timeline.

Well, my question there really is about asking Toady about  his intentions towards the future of nobility and how it will ultimately look like. More specifically, what will the "extended relatives"(as you called them) position in dwarven society ultimately be, when nobility gets more fleshed out in the future. I know it's not something that will change much in the next release, so I guess my question is a bit misplaced in this thread. But if Toady has an idea of how dwarven nobility will ultimetaly be like in his conception of the game, maybe he'll have something to say about it. I kind of suspect that he doesn't, but asking never hurt anybody...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: July 19, 2013, 09:40:04 am »

07/19/2013 Toady One Hill dwarves are up and running with their little gardens and the other tidbits that needed doing. This also means that human plots in villages have gardens as well now, finally, instead of that furrowed waste that has surrounded them forever. Now for a protracted stay underground with our thoroughly cave-adapted buddies in the deep mountain halls without direct exits up outside. They have little living areas set up already, but I want to differentiate them a bit from the fort layouts, and of course there's the main feature of underground travel to do.

So pumped.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: July 19, 2013, 10:16:36 am »

Will we be able to make gardens in fort mode?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: July 19, 2013, 12:26:12 pm »

Think its called farmplots...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: July 19, 2013, 01:24:19 pm »

Underground travel? Sounds good.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: July 19, 2013, 02:50:13 pm »

Are we going to have underground roads connecting deep sites? What about underground tombs?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: July 19, 2013, 03:01:06 pm »

Underground railroads? :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: July 19, 2013, 03:54:07 pm »

Now I want railroads beyond just minecarts...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: July 19, 2013, 06:37:13 pm »

will there ever been more work on the emotional factor clothes have? Will we have dwarves that don't mind wearing little to no clothes mingle with those who wrap themselves?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:40:35 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dazenith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: July 20, 2013, 03:21:38 am »

Ohhh you made the forbidden question! Beware! You'll now are doomed to an eternity of torment in HFS, where your only companions will be smelly hippies elves! DOOMED I SAID!!!

Or in other words, it will be released when is done. And when is that? When is done. It could be a few months from now, I seem to believe that Toady is actually working a lot faster based on his updates and how long his taking to finish the new features. But as always in this game, there's not time line. You can't hurry art.

I was looking for a planned release date for the next version because there have been none for over a year now, until I saw this. This was priceless, awesome :D. I don't mind waiting too much but it would be nice to know.

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: July 20, 2013, 11:09:28 am »

I'm eager for the next version, but with something as complex as DF with emergent interactions from every little thing, it's not easy to estimate when everything is going to work the way you like. So, yeah, our patience is appreciated and it'll pay off eventually. Meanwhile, we can drool over the big dev plans and ponder our next !!SCIENCE!! experiments for the upcoming features.
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: July 20, 2013, 04:45:55 pm »

Given that Toady makes fair progress every 4 or so days (that's the average time between blog posts, from what I'm seeing), so I'm fairly positive that the release should come out mid-late August (or early September).

Just my 0.02€ and a rough, but at this point realistic guesstimate.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: July 20, 2013, 06:10:53 pm »

Given that Toady makes fair progress every 4 or so days (that's the average time between blog posts, from what I'm seeing), so I'm fairly positive that the release should come out mid-late August (or early September).

Just my 0.02€ and a rough, but at this point realistic guesstimate.

What are you assuming he has left?  I think he only has finishing dwarf sites and kobold sites left, and I was going with October at the earliest.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: July 20, 2013, 06:15:11 pm »

And wood cutting. I think.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: July 20, 2013, 07:52:51 pm »

Do not forget overall cleanup.

DF2013: grades, jobs, sleep schedules. All will be torn apart.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 748