Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3769175 times)

eux0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #4005 on: October 19, 2012, 12:23:25 pm »

its not about what takes longer, its about whats better(beware, subject to subjectivity). i assume what toady thinks is better would be the more complicated, realistic and procedural approach.

Tov01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: October 19, 2012, 05:30:43 pm »

I know I probably should have asked this a few weeks ago when Toady was working on Goblin sites, but I just now thought of this.

How extensive will Goblin slavery be in the next release? I know that kidnapped children are in, but is anything else planned?

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: October 19, 2012, 06:02:57 pm »

Oh, oh, oh, pick me!

Will you please, please get rid of those god damn annoying bastards called Bogeymen? I mean, with adding all this new, immersive stuff to adventure mode, I just think it would be appropriate to get rid of those buggers aswell.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: October 19, 2012, 06:06:02 pm »

Oh, oh, oh, pick me!

Will you please, please get rid of those god damn annoying bastards called Bogeymen? I mean, with adding all this new, immersive stuff to adventure mode, I just think it would be appropriate to get rid of those buggers aswell.

That's a suggestion and an all-too-common one. Also, you can disable them with advanced worldgen.

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: October 19, 2012, 07:32:37 pm »

Oh, oh, oh, pick me!

Putnam answered already and also, this is a suggestion, not a question. Wrong thread.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:34:28 pm by arkhometha »

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: October 19, 2012, 07:41:33 pm »

Oh, oh, oh, pick me!

Putnam answered already and also, this is a suggestion, not a question. Wrong thread.
I guess your right there. I know you can remove it in AWG, but it always seems like a pain in the ass too me. I just wish they wernt there all together.

I feel like an idiot now :p
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

eux0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: October 20, 2012, 02:43:11 am »

i dont see why people always want to disable something for everyone only because they dont like it themselves. i for my part like the boogeymen and i certainly dont want to be robbed of them only because someone else doesnt want them.

(somehow im feeling antagonistic this week)

Eggman360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Green Gel Mod
« Reply #4012 on: October 20, 2012, 04:21:36 am »

will we get the ability in adventure mode to "mix" items without defining a specific reaction, for instance dipping weapons into vials of something, or poisoning food?

For me this has always been interesting in other "Rogue Likes", the idea that you can say kill a Vampire, and collect its blood, then, coat a blade with it, and stab some random person. And have that reaction take place. The liquids/powders and their reactions are all in place I think, but just a way to add them to other items would be amazing.

And if this were to be implemented, imagine the Fortress mode reactions, capturing a GCS and "milking" it's venom...
"The Goblin was struck by the Venom coated **Wooden Spork** hehe.
Victory Smells So Sweet...It smells like Green Gel and Plump Helmets Mixed Together....

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: October 20, 2012, 04:38:01 am »

Oh, oh, oh, pick me!

Bogeymen should get less common as more reasons for stalking through the night go in. Presumably when Toady decides to take on parts of the thief role would be a good time.

Quote from: Toady One
Quote from: Cthulhu
Are boogeymen and the like always going to be this prominent?  It's cool that they're spotlighted now but I can see it getting kind of annoying once the game is more complete.
Quote from: thvaz
The release of 31.17 was a sucess amongst the playerbase, with few bugs and complains about the new mechanics. One of the complains is about the onipresence of bogeymen when alone at night. There will be some fine tuning about them in the future?
Nah, traveling alone in the night is too interesting a situation to always have every non-savage forest/plain/swamp bogeyman infested, but we wanted to try out this kind of atmosphere.  Once there's more of a reason to reclaim a piece of the night, we'll do that.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Eggman360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Green Gel Mod
« Reply #4014 on: October 20, 2012, 04:44:57 am »

And as for the whole "To Boogymen or Not to Boogymen" I think giving us an option to disable or alter the parameters of create a world to have not only map size, mineral scarcity etc. but to have a night creature set of options, such as "Types of creatures present" or even turning each "Race" of night creature off. Maybe even as far as to say make this world a "zombie apocalypse" sort of situation.

This might sound like an AWG function, but just a few key "On/Off" options on the regular create a world would make sense, feel free to disagree :)

The only way to keep everyone happy is to make the game flexible like that, as we've just seen, boogeymen make the game better for some people, while it makes it worse for others, we need to keep everyone happy :)
Victory Smells So Sweet...It smells like Green Gel and Plump Helmets Mixed Together....

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: October 20, 2012, 05:10:49 am »

Adding more and more options to Create a New World kind of runs counter to it being the simple way to generate a world, but there could be a middle ground between Create a New World and Advanced World Gen (where you can already fine tune the number of night creature types), I'm pretty sure. An idea would be a way to enter a slightly more complex screen from Create a New World for each of the existing options, but that goes into suggestion territory.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: October 20, 2012, 06:24:36 am »

I don't think an option bwetween the two is required. It's easy enough to change the specific thing you want in Advanced World Gen by simply leaving the other options alone. I just wish we could rename civilizations and choose civ symbols, and choose the gods and...Ok, I'll stop.

Eggman360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Green Gel Mod
« Reply #4017 on: October 20, 2012, 06:41:01 am »

Both really good points, and I think a middle ground would be great, but yeah, this isn't the place for suggestions, just questions so :/

Question, ...will we have more Create a world options any time soon? in regards to individual factors, factions or "scenarios" such as a template to the state of a world after world gen?

;) lol made a question out of it, haha

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: October 20, 2012, 07:08:35 am »

Toady previously mentioned that a Region/Island switch would be viable for the screen, and I would expect that once there are mood/atmosphere/genre factors for worldgen, you could choose something like Grim Fairytale or Epic Fantasy there as well.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Eggman360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Green Gel Mod
« Reply #4019 on: October 20, 2012, 08:15:46 am »

One question I have about reaction moments (such as blocking in fights and intercepting attacks) will it be possible to grab arrows mid flight "Ninja Style?" also, are there certain attacks that cannot be intercepted at all?
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 748