Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3805996 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #11025 on: June 24, 2014, 09:44:04 pm »

From the new devlog, it looks like the monsters of twilight got scared out of their lairs and ran into the trees. This should happen in the release, and you should be able to get missions from these monsters to clean out the beasts.

I expect a lot of adventure mode play this time around.

That would be pretty sweet. Well, apart from them being afraid due to bloodsensing cavern creatures through solid rock, but I get your meaning.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: June 24, 2014, 10:37:11 pm »

Honestly, monsters being afraid of worse things seems like an almost-feature more than a bug.

Sometimes you just want to grab somebody and scream "what's going on?!"
I know what you mean, man.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: June 24, 2014, 10:51:28 pm »

Honestly, monsters being afraid of worse things seems like an almost-feature more than a bug.

Taken on its own, it sounds like existential crises are now an implemented feature. What's the fantasy medieval universe equivalent of buying a motorcycle? A horse with barding?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: June 24, 2014, 10:53:04 pm »

Adamantine socks?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: June 24, 2014, 11:21:32 pm »

Taken on its own, it sounds like existential crises are now an implemented feature. What's the fantasy medieval universe equivalent of buying a motorcycle? A horse with barding?

+Trained+ Beak Dog.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: June 25, 2014, 12:20:04 am »

"Kill 'em all and let Armok sort 'em out" has always been an Adventure Mode thing, only now it'll be marginally more defensible.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: June 25, 2014, 01:00:44 am »

Now I'm wondering if the market brawl was caused by the area being loaded, or if it would have happened without Toady's presence.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: June 25, 2014, 02:53:53 am »

The twilight creatures thing  is really awesome. Now I really want it badly ! I hope this "bug" won't be corrected because, to me, it's not really a bug.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11033 on: June 25, 2014, 03:15:23 am »

I suppose you're joking or it was a throwaway line, but I see enough of "I hope x doesn't get fixed because it's not really a bug" to spur me into commenting.

You want night creatures who are too paralyzed by fear to do anything more than clamber up trees because they can sense the horrors in the deeps miles beneath even when said horrors can't reach them? It's like the dwarf-cancels-job-because-of-groundhog-across-ravine issue. I'm not convinced you want it to stay in, but maybe you really do.

It's an interesting outcome of current implementation, but advocating that it stay that way is a stretch.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: June 25, 2014, 04:22:43 am »

Of course, you're right.

But who said that this vision had to go "miles beneath" ?
That's the broken part (reducing the sight), not the fear in itself, which is a quite good surprise to me.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11035 on: June 25, 2014, 04:35:21 am »

Don't the night creatures get the NOFEAR tag from their transformation? If it is true, then it certainly looks like bug, because they are supposed to be afraid of nothing aren't they?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: June 25, 2014, 05:49:14 am »

All those mentions of trucks in the latest devblogs really make me think that Toady is actually implementing trucks into DF.
It'd be a damn good wagon replacement for sure.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: June 25, 2014, 07:21:37 am »

All those mentions of trucks in the latest devblogs really make me think that Toady is actually implementing trucks into DF.
Trustworthy internet sources tell me that there's an easter egg - if you rename the wagon into "mew", it will turn into a truck.
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Uronym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11038 on: June 25, 2014, 07:29:06 am »

Suddenly, semitrucks began appearing on the muddy rural roads. While they did not exactly work well, the trucks revolutionized the medieval economy. Suddenly, it did not take 200 souls marching for 7 days to get a load of stone to town. Transportation was no longer a serious obstacle. Trade and the sharing of ideas creating a richer world which rapidly advanced its science and technology.

At least, until they ran out of fuel.

Whoops.
What I think we're saying is we need dwarves to riot and break things more often.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11039 on: June 25, 2014, 11:01:12 am »

Urist McAdventurer approaches Twilight Monster, it screams: "Stephanie Meyer is down there!"

What i wonder about is the thing with the Mayor in the hilldwarf settlement. why did they run from him and why did that one dwarf turn onto toady after he attacked the Mayor.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 748