Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clothes storage  (Read 1405 times)

dimdem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clothes storage
« on: December 11, 2007, 10:41:00 pm »

Hi everyone!
I was inspired by the Stockpiles for Clothes thread, but did not want to hijack it with this question.  In my fortress (I'm sure it's the same in your fortress as well), we gather many many pieces of clothing from fallen dwarves as well as killed goblins and kobolds.  The problem is that many (but not all) of these pieces of clothing just sit on the floor in my fortress even though I have several Goods stockpiles established.  It feels like I must be missing some special rule, because I have random pieces of clothing scattered throughout my fortress, and I have plenty of idle dwarves who could carry them to a goods stockpile if necessary.  Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes storage
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 10:46:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure that old or tattered clothing counts as refuse.
iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 10:59:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure they count as still owned. A cabinet may help with the problem. It may also create problems if the economy has started due to making rent too high.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Entropy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 01:35:00 pm »

Check to make sure it isnt owned - if it is nobody will touch it, except for the rare case of the owner doing getting a 'store owned item' job to put it in their cabinet.