Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 330768 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Testing fort mode in the mod. Everyone's unhappy because ceilings are too difficult to create because there isn't enough building material to go around; I could probably have some sort of reaction that makes blocks out of thin air with some sort of "grabs rocks from the ground and crushes in hands" handwave. The fortress crumbled to its end when Cell came in and killed everyone, which I think is a very, very good thing. He's working as intended!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Wow. Cell just attacked my fortress.

Do you think you could make him wait to attack until you get like 80 people? I had like 70, and it turned out that I didn't have any iron on this area, so all the defense I had was five marks dwarfs with silver bolts, who logically where unable to do much except shoot and slow him down for a few seconds while I attempted to build a wall over my stairs (I didn't hit and they didn't slow him down long enough)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Wow. Cell just attacked my fortress.

Do you think you could make him wait to attack until you get like 80 people? I had like 70, and it turned out that I didn't have any iron on this area, so all the defense I had was five marks dwarfs with silver bolts, who logically where unable to do much except shoot and slow him down for a few seconds while I attempted to build a wall over my stairs (I didn't hit and they didn't slow him down long enough)

Yeah, that's more than reasonable; I did it just now. I realized soon after you posted that that he killed all my saiyans when I had about 25 people, which is kind of bad.

EDIT: Devlog: made a reaction to turn clay into hard stone, used kaolinite as hard stone, forgot that kaolinite just so happens to be used to make porcelain, and I ended up with the saiyans sitting the in the workshop, turning kaolinite into kaolinite over and over again.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:56:44 pm by Putnam »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball (Z) Mod: Test fort mode! (0.34.04)
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2012, 01:44:45 am »

I feel like bumping this to say that a preliminary fort mode has been released, and I need some balancing etc. opinions.

I was playing 40d recently and it inspired me a bit. What about, I'm not sure >_>.

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2012, 09:55:33 pm »

I was playing 40d recently and it inspired me a bit. What about, I'm not sure >_>.

People being punted several screens away by hammer strikes, mayhaps?  ;D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2012, 04:06:10 pm »

People being punted several screens away by hammer strikes, mayhaps?  ;D

YES. Except with fists.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2012, 05:38:09 pm »

New Ideas:
FOOD:
1} How about adding sensu beans?   I know they're extremely powerful because of their healing, but perhaps this can be balanced by only allowing them to be found for sale by traders and even then the traders could rarely have them making them more of an easter egg discovery.  Or create a special cat trader called Korin who rarely appears and would only sell like 5 or less.  Rare special easter eggs are great fun.   
If you allow the player to grow the sensu beans it could be some very time consuming, expensive and/or complex process...  whatever combination works for you.

SideNote:*I recall saiyans eat lots more food than the average human or dwarf, not sure if you're interested in changing this variable depending on how closely you wish to match what we know about saiyans.

ROOMS:
2} How about gravity training chambers?  What better way to discourage the cheating/exploit of danger training rooms than to create a more balanced training room which matches the theme of dragonballz.  Probably make them slightly better than a regular barracks, but perhaps require more furniture?

3} How about the hyperbolic time chamber?  Another type of training room, but it could only be used once and has a great boost in stats for the saiyan.  Such a special room should have difficult building requirements because we don't want someone who just started with 50dwarves to have created this powerful structure so early.  I'm not sure which of those variables are possible for such a room... just another idea.

ENEMIES:
4} Here are some enemy ideas:   
    A) Garlic Junior - He's immortal so even if he's killed it's possible for him to return 2 seasons later for another attack.   *Special bonus if you can somehow link him with an evil dark water mist causing insanity.
    B) Androids - Lots of android history within Dragonball and DragonballZ for some fun creations later.  I estimate the number of attacking androids would range between 1 and 4 based on the dragonball & dragonballz history.
    C) Ginyu Force - Doesn't have to be exactly the same ones we saw from the episodes, my impression from the show was new members would replace older members if they were stronger, faster or unique abilities.   So having a selection of 200 unique beings where only 5 or 7 of them are randomly selected for each attacking ambush could work.  I know 200 unique beings is a lot of work, but you can start with a few and just add more when it's fun.
    D) Red Ribbon Army - A combination of attacking humans which could be as many as 100 since they are an army.  This could probably be created/managed by a new enemy civilization. The enemy army might even have one or two androids.

*SideNote - I didn't like the GT series so I didn't include any of those possibilities.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2012, 06:07:14 pm »

Senzu beans are great idea, and they would have to be implemented through difficult growing processes. I think a good way to start with them would be to have seeds come out as EBOs for rare creatures.

Rooms are impossible to mod in.

Garlic Junior would make a good megabeast.

Androids would be an interesting invading force, but I can't limit the attacking amount like that.

I would love the ability for the Ginyu force to be invading, but, like I said, invasions can't be customized. They'll all be goblin sized.

Red Ribbon army would definitely be possible, and one or two androids would be good as well, as I could simply make them rare castes. Similarly, I could make, say, Freeza's army which would include the occasional Freeza-esque creature and ginyu-force types.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2012, 06:24:45 pm »

I did some arena testing with the punch and kick attacks to see if I could make them more devastating, as right now they're kinda underpowered, even with ridiculous saiyan strength backing them up. I tried upping [ATTACK_VELOCITY_MULTIPLIER:X] to 10,000 (double it's original value), and that did seem to make it more devastating, but still not quite what I wanted. So I tried upping it to 100,000 and I think the value overflowed, as I only seemed to be able to tear the skin no matter where I hit. However, when I tried going Super Saiyan to see if anything changed, my attacks became effective again. So, this leads me to believe [ATTACK_VELOCITY_MULTIPLIER:X] and strength are used in a formula which determines attack effectiveness. Have not yet tried upping it to 10,000 and going Super Saiyan 2 and 3, will test.

edit: Initial testing seems to suggest either going Super Saiyan 2 and 3 cause the value to loop back around again after overflowing, or they work fine. Haven't fought with those much, so I can't be sure.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:30:33 pm by Spirit of Power »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2012, 06:45:44 pm »

Rooms are impossible to mod in.

Although you could make it a workshop? Maybe one that uses something from rare creatures (Like something dropped by Cell?)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2012, 04:55:18 am »

Climbing Korin's tower used to be a bitch, lore wise. Man, imagine the torment involved in building it! (Dwarves did it, naturally.)

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2012, 09:49:34 am »

Climbing Korin's tower used to be a bitch, lore wise. Man, imagine the torment involved in building it! (Dwarves did it, naturally.)
An obvious megaproject for anyone playing this mod.
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2012, 04:27:54 pm »

How about a Dr. Gero to create the androids, like my Dr. Frankenstein secret in the spellbook, but instead of targeting corpses he targets intelligent creatures for his experiments.  (What made my Dr. Frankenstein different from a necromancer was that he changed the corpse into another creature.)

Heck Dr. Gero even created a Frankenstein looking android!  http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Android
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2012, 06:04:22 pm »

Ooh. A Gero megabeast (perhaps he should be Android 20?) that turns touchable enemies into android thralls. However they could be enthralled, I don't know. Heck, why make them enthralled at all? It'd be great if they turned on Gero just as 18 and 17 did, and they were originally human besides.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2012, 08:15:42 pm »

Wouldn't cell also count for this as well? He was created by Dr. Gero after all.. o.o;
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 88