Poll

Fanfiction stuff?

Very yes
Yes
Indifferent
No
Very no

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 88

Author Topic: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball Mod (0.47, rolling releases): Half a Raditz  (Read 330921 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: Sparking!!! Dragon Ball (Z) Mod: Come out, Dragon! (0.34.11)
« Reply #420 on: February 27, 2013, 10:39:45 pm »

What does the error log say zimer?

IT'S... OVER... 9000!

I'm sorry. I could not resist...
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 27, 2013, 11:20:56 pm »

I had the same tomb crash bug in or around version 1.4, and my errorlog has a bunch of unrelated pathing errors, a lot of these:
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region5/raw/objects/creature_android.txt"
ANDROID_DB:Attribute range not in increasing order, repaired
And these:
Code: [Select]
Unrecognized Body Part Group Token: BP
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:30:43 pm by Nahere »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 27, 2013, 11:30:18 pm »

That android thing was fixed a while back, I think.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 10, 2013, 01:55:36 pm »

Sorry for the pseudo-necro, but I'm having a problem with the Instant Transmission script. Well, two, but the second is probably unavoidable, and should probably just be a risk you take when you use IT... Anyways.

See, I got a quest to go kill a serpent man or something in the sewers of a town. Since I've downloaded this mod, quests like that have suddenly become doable, since IT allows me to just teleport to the target without having to deal with impossible-to-navigate sewers. Anyways, I was scanning with IT, looking for the target, when I noticed that I got a bug in roughly the northern half of the town proper. When I run the script, it gives me like three results, and then this:

I can only assume it's some form of glitch with a creature or something, as it works great everywhere else.

As for the second, I have occasionally IT-ed into solid objects, like statues and walls. Again, this is probably unavoidable, but I thought I should let you know anyways.

Also, the skill and immortality elixirs don't really seem to be working for me. I tested the skill elixir in the arena using a reaction I made myself to summon seven Dragon Balls, but when I use it none of my skills increase and my stats stay the same. I even compared my power level, and it was exactly the same. Though I did seem to gain attributes surprisingly fast, which may have been what you intended? Anyways, for the immortality elixir, I tested it against some marksdwarves, and one of them got a lucky headshot and insta-killed me, which I don't think is supposed to happen. The regenerate reaction seems to work alright as well, though once when I used it I was getting mobbed by a bunch of Legendary Super Saiyans and they killed me while I was transformed.

Also, after I go Super Saiyan for the first time in Adventurer, I can't seem to do it again. I got some flavor text, but I didn't transform and my power level didn't increase. I can go Super Saiyan 3 just fine though.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 10, 2013, 02:23:43 pm »

Lucky headshots are unavoidable even when immortal, unfortunately. I tried.

The flavor text thing is an annoyance to be sure. I have no idea what's causing that.

That instant transmission thing looks like you ran into a creature with no soul, which usually means undead. Yeah, that's difficult to deal with.

Instant transmissioning into solid objects I may be able to fix.

Also, the instant transmission script is kinda buggy right now--it leaves behind permanently occupied tiles, which I need to fix ASAP.

The skill elixer is odd. It should be increasing your attributes to an insane level and increasing your skill rolls also without actually affecting your skills.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 10, 2013, 02:48:15 pm »

Yeah, I just double-checked the skill elixir, and it doesn't seem to do anything. My power level doesn't increase, none of my attributes show any increases, nothing. And, for the undead thing - is it possible you could code an exception for if the creature has no soul? Like, for example, Ki is basically life-force or something, so you could get away with claiming undead creatures have no power level, and you thus can't compare yours to one that isn't there. Not necessarily make them undetectable, but make it impossible to compare power levels.

As for the flavor text, my problem is less that I have the text, and more that I can't go Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 more than once per adventurer, which is kind of a letdown. Unless I'm missing something about how the transformations work?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 10, 2013, 03:00:59 pm »

You're not. That's what I'm talking about. I have no idea what is causing you to be unable to transform oh GOD DAMMIT. Now I do.

Anyway, I would fix instant transmission right now if the Lua API had the getTileOccupancy(pos) function, but I can't.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 10, 2013, 03:18:25 pm »

So, I assume a fix for Super Saiyan will be going in the next version? And, all in all, Instant Transmission works great in almost every situation. I can live without a fix for a while.

Anyways, thanks for your time. The mod really is excellent, and I've been having a blast with Adventure Mode.

Spy227X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2013, 05:11:13 pm »

I scouted myself.
it was
OVER 9000!
Is this freshwater or saltwater? Because alternatively you could breed a large amount of crocodiles and unleash them into the waters... indirect genocide.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 10, 2013, 05:24:23 pm »

Fixed super saiyan, I think.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 10, 2013, 06:14:19 pm »

Genning a quick world, gonna test and see if it works.

...Nope, doesn't seem to work...

Same thing is still happening. I even got a new install of DF and installed the mod on that and it still didn't work.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2013, 06:16:30 pm »

I know this is a kinda dumb thing to ask, but you didn't specifically mention that you did...

did you download the new version?

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2013, 06:19:18 pm »

Yes. I clicked on the link in the OP, downloaded the new version of the mod, installed it on a new install of DF, genned a new world, and annihilated the starting town until I could go Super Saiyan, then ran until I could fast travel and tried to do it again, and couldn't.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 10, 2013, 06:42:22 pm »

Damn it!

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 12, 2013, 01:12:12 pm »

Seeing that awesome equipment-syndrome script you made, I got an idea for this mod;

What about training weights? They could be special items that, when worn, activate a syndrome that reduces your speed (or something else, the point is you're weaker) in exchange for making you gain attributes faster. In this post:

Hmm. I was going to update again today, but then I noticed that Super Saiyans don't keep their training after transforming into super saiyan. This is sad, but can be rectified through liberal application of "saiyans don't transform into super saiyan anymore, instead going through a power-up process".

Highest powerlevel seen so far: I made a test fort where physical attributes have no reasonable cap (this is actually going in next version, btw) and where physical attributes go up as quickly as possible (not going in the mod after I saw what it did to power levels).

There are two people in my military, Kakarot and Che.

Kakarot's power level: 40,311,450,595,116.

Che's: 26,119,129,182,557.

EDIT: Haha, shit, after the latest sparring session the script started outputting their powerlevels in scientific goddamn notation. They're both over 200 trillion.

EDIT 2: Over a quintillion now.

You claimed that you had made attributes increase ridiculously fast. Firstly, HOW, because I want to replicate that in my game, and secondly, would adding something similar (probably not as strong, but similar) via a syndrome using that script be possible? Because that would be perfect for training weights, IMO. It makes you weaker, but makes you get stronger much quicker.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 88