Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: DF: Naughty Words Restored  (Read 13663 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF: Naughty Words Restored
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 07:14:12 am »

Streisand effect building. You can feel it.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 07:56:20 am »

Thanks for notifying me of the word changes. I dont know if I'd have ever noticed, but the foul names always make me smile when I encounter them.

Alluvian_Est-Endrati

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGRAVERY:MISGUIDED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 09:59:54 am »

Thanks for the files. Tried some modding last night and noticed problems with all of my custom language files; lo and behold some nice person had already gone through the effort to merge the new and the old. :D
"I’m going to keep bloody gambling! Bloody, bloody gambling and drinking! Where’s my bloody drink? Anyone want to gamble for it?”

Send in the Clowns: &.&

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 11:38:30 am »

And here I thought the errorlog was just venting its frustration on me.  Downloading now.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 02:28:57 am »

Good thread, good download, posting to follow. (perhaps said streisand effect will prompt us to add many new words to the dictionaries ourselves)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 03:04:29 pm »

Good thread, good download, posting to follow. (perhaps said streisand effect will prompt us to add many new words to the dictionaries ourselves)

The legends of Puriletowers, the Tinklepoopies of wee-wee!

TEEHEEEHEEHEEE! "tinklepoopie!" Heeheehee...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 03:54:33 pm »

Wait. Waaait. Hold the press, wait a minute. This game had naughty words?

@ People getting upset over naughty words being removed from the game; your bitching is immature.
@ People getting upset over "naughty" words having been in the game; your bitching is immature.

Now, I'm gonna go and continue and dissect a goblin, sacrifice a few kittens to the volcano and continue on with my child-friendly ways.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 04:42:49 pm »

Wait. Waaait. Hold the press, wait a minute. This game had naughty words?

@ People getting upset over naughty words being removed from the game; your bitching is immature.
@ People getting upset over "naughty" words having been in the game; your bitching is immature.

Now, I'm gonna go and continue and dissect a goblin, sacrifice a few kittens to the volcano and continue on with my child-friendly ways.

I was merely pointing out the redundancy of removing them as per your 2nd point. if somebody is getting offended by foul language in DF, but not by butchering kittens, and brutal violence that THEY need to reconsider their definitions of wrong.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 04:53:38 pm »

I swear if he says it was to make it more child freindly... the last thing we need is a horde of 5 year olds all over the forum saying "OMG THIZ GAM SUKZ MINCRAT EZ BETTERZZ WAHHH"

(if you are a DF player under the age of 12. fucking congratulations you are awesome, get this mod and go slay a goblin named incestslut.)
No one can argue that anything is child friendly.  This release has added literal blood raining from the sky and staining every patch of soil and every dwarf on the surface, along with actual zombie death hordes and necromancers.  There is NO POSSIBLE WAY that Toady (or anyone) could EVER argue that ANYTHING in DF was made to make things more gentle.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 04:59:44 pm »

The legends of Puriletowers, the Tinklepoopies of wee-wee!

TEEHEEEHEEHEEE! "tinklepoopie!" Heeheehee...

Noooottttt quite what I meant.... but lol.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 05:05:36 pm »

It's possible Toady just found the words puerile, when half a decade ago, he didn't.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 05:09:27 pm »

Thanks for notifying me of the word changes. I dont know if I'd have ever noticed, but the foul names always make me smile when I encounter them.
Like when I encountered a civilization named "The Plague of Rapes"?

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 05:34:25 pm »

More is less, except for when it comes to mean ol' dirty, evil places.
Gotta have some grit in a game like this.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 08:23:36 pm »

Eh, I'm fine with it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 09:10:20 pm »

Wouldn't "dirty words" ATTRACT said immature brats, rather than push them away?

I dunno 'bout ya'll, but the whiny brats are the ones INTO "adult" themes because they want to be seen as adult. People who are actually mature don't care if it's adult or not; it's a neutral attribute, not a positive one.

So yeah, fears of attracting "5 year old minecraft fans" are horribly unfounded. If anything it'd push them away a bit more, as they'd probably be here for the "blood guts magma death rawr" anyway.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5