Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Playable Naga Race (with graphics)  (Read 24939 times)

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Playable Naga Race (with graphics)
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 09:04:05 am »

Tail warmer is such a good name for an item of clothing.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2012, 11:04:25 am »

I am trying to get this mod to work with Genesis.
While it does work there is something that seem to be missing..
So where in the Naga's creature raws, do I add the.. uuh.. male and female parts?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:06:27 am by Ultimuh »

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2012, 03:15:36 pm »

I imagine Nagas to have genital slits over their front, just under the torso, rather then having their dongles flapping about in the wind while swinging swords at each other, so it'd be silly to make it a targetable bodypart, unless you wanna make a genital slit bodypart to stab. :P
For Naga boobies, I imagine you could just take a look at a human female's raws in genesis and figure it out on your own, punching wombs is rude, hilarious, and satisfying no matter which way you look at it, dunno where to put that, though!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2012, 06:59:11 pm »

I imagine Nagas to have genital slits over their front, just under the torso, rather then having their dongles flapping about in the wind while swinging swords at each other, so it'd be silly to make it a targetable bodypart, unless you wanna make a genital slit bodypart to stab. :P
For Naga boobies, I imagine you could just take a look at a human female's raws in genesis and figure it out on your own, punching wombs is rude, hilarious, and satisfying no matter which way you look at it, dunno where to put that, though!

Well the only reason I asked is because every other Civilized race has those parts in Genesis.
At any ratem I figured out where in the Raws to put them.
Just had to alter the creature file a bit.

Any way.. So far I have no problems with the Naga, then again..
I play as dwarves and have yet to get any caravans from them.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:42:54 pm by Ultimuh »

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2012, 09:42:58 pm »

Technically, in an actual serpent, the genitals are near the back end of the tail, and are typically safely inside of the body, but are everted during intercourse.  There are special pouches they hide in, and it is difficult for even trained herpetologists to tell the gender of a snake without... manually checking.  (Which is a delicate operation, as just cracking them open would damage the sensitive genitals.)

Interestingly, male snakes (and other types of lizards) have something called a hemipenis, or if you prefer, have a pair of things.  They do not form a full tube through which seminal fluid travels, and instead, it is flat, and they have to roll it up before use, like curling your tongue over.  They do this because it has to lay flat while inside that protective pouch.

By the way, I love BBC nature documentaries...  Animals are so fascinating.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2012, 04:23:02 am »

Well, enough of this.. let's get back to talking about your Nagas before we get a warning from Toady or something.  :P

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2012, 05:22:10 am »

So I went ahead and gave them small wings that doesn't really allow flight, made them babysnatchers and allowed them the forging and usage of glaives. Now I'm at war with everyone and we're more interested in surviving than making nice crafts. Oh well.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2012, 11:59:51 am »

That's what happens when you add baby snatching.

What, did you expect them to LIKE it when you stole their babies?  They're the actual parents, not players who see children as expendable.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2012, 12:44:25 pm »

So I stareted to try out Msasterwork due to more interesting workshops.
Now all I need is to figure out what buildings and reactions to give to the Nagas.

edit: By the way, I made them able to eat sapients and make trophies of their corpses.
Sorry to turn your beautiful race into cannibalistic sadists.  :P
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:46:27 pm by Ultimuh »

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2012, 01:09:48 pm »

That's what happens when you add baby snatching.

What, did you expect them to LIKE it when you stole their babies?  They're the actual parents, not players who see children as expendable.

Yeah that's what I wanted as well I don't like haunted biomes and endless sieges are lots of fun. Also it's a good idea to make them eat sapients, I should've thought about that myself.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2012, 02:53:36 pm »

edit: By the way, I made them able to eat sapients and make trophies of their corpses.
Sorry to turn your beautiful race into cannibalistic sadists.  :P

Well, modding is, by nature, something open to everyone's personal tastes. 

This is part of the reason why, when I get back to working on this mod, I think I'm going to make them into "Lamia", just so I'm working with something less people have preconceived notions around. 

It's actually a little backwards to make the lamia the good guys and leave nagas as the badguys, but whatever.  I blame Blizzard. Jerks.  Never played anything after Diablo 2.

I'm on the fence about creating a more complex mod, and going for my old goal of a "fae world" again, this time without the castes, and just having tons and tons of civs, but I'm holding off for now...
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2012, 03:09:34 pm »

That may be a good idea, altough you could keep the Naga as the good and fair race and let the Lamia be the cruel kind.

As for Blizzard, they had no influence with me changing the Naga that way.
I always change Dwarves to make trophies of sentinents.
As for eating them, it's just because all that meat after a siege would go to waste any way.  :P
(And my dorfs have a tendency to starve.)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:42:56 pm by Ultimuh »

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2012, 05:17:38 pm »

Well I made my nagas the way they are because of my own fiction, in which Nagas are in eternal war with the Dwarves for the control of the most ancient city in the world.

ccoolleeiiss

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome, goblins, to the seige kill...waiting room
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2012, 07:14:05 pm »

is this the same mod that was being beta tested a while ago?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2012, 07:57:36 pm »

is this the same mod that was being beta tested a while ago?

Well, I was testing my nagas earlier, but I doubt I was the only person to ever test a mod, so could you be more specific about what you mean?
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7