Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Food IRL  (Read 1303 times)

ActnMoviHeroBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Food IRL
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:09:12 pm »

I'm eating Drunken Goat Cheese.

Can there be anything dwarfier than this?
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Food IRL
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:13:54 pm »

Masterful kitten roast, made from masterfully minced kitten meat, sauteed in masterfully minced mushrooms in masterfully brewed ale, slathered in masterfully minced goat cheese, stuffed in a prepared kitten intestine.

Served with ale.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 05:15:40 pm »

Slather a portabella mushroom cap in garlic butter and grill or broil it for a few minutes on either side. Plump helmet roast!
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:21:55 pm »

Mushroom wine roasts.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 05:44:50 pm »

Note to self..

Look up edible mushrooms with a high enough carbohydrate content for fermentation, to determine viability of "mushroom wine"...

Initial thoughts: mushrooms are nonphotosynthetic. They do not produce carbohydrates, other than pehaps cellulose. This is due to the parasitic nature of colonial fungi in general... some tree mushrooms, and some species of terrestrial mushrooms produce enzymes to decompose cellulose into more digestable monomers, such as lions mane shelf fungus, and the fungal colonies cultivated by termites.

Perhaps a properly cleaned and prepared mushroom sample can exploit the activity of these native enzymic compounds to decompose the mushroom cellulose prior to fermentation... further research required....

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 05:45:15 pm »

A raw hedgehog that my uncle caught but forgot to domesticate.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.