Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!  (Read 29609 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2012, 05:08:44 pm »

Nope. You can kill a corpse to death if it sustains enough gratuitous damage. It's easier with hooved animals, because they have no [GRASP] bp's. Also it being a butchered corpse would've helped you a lot.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2012, 05:11:14 pm »

Nope. You can kill a corpse to death if it sustains enough gratuitous damage. It's easier with hooved animals, because they have no [GRASP] bp's. Also it being a butchered corpse would've helped you a lot.

Ah, interesting.  I was under the impression that until the pulping mechanic was implemented that any given undead, even when defeated, would simply rise again forever.  This makes for some interesting changes to a future fortress I'm planning.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2012, 10:01:56 pm »

My Dwarves insist on going outside to fish in summer, and they keep leaving mussels lying around outside for ever. I have trouble chopping wood or fishing because the mussel shells keep reanimating, scaring the civilians. And since that river is so far away from my fort (my entrance is a winding path), nobody can go haul them onto the nonevil section of the map before they reanimate. Even stationing the military there doesn't work, nobody can haul them away even with a dedicated guard because there are so many mussel shells that there's pretty much always one reanimating to scare the haulers away.

So I've written that section of the map off as a loss until I finish my magma-killsat megaproject.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2012, 09:02:33 am »

My Dwarves insist on going outside to fish in summer, and they keep leaving mussels lying around outside for ever. I have trouble chopping wood or fishing because the mussel shells keep reanimating, scaring the civilians. And since that river is so far away from my fort (my entrance is a winding path), nobody can go haul them onto the nonevil section of the map before they reanimate. Even stationing the military there doesn't work, nobody can haul them away even with a dedicated guard because there are so many mussel shells that there's pretty much always one reanimating to scare the haulers away.

So I've written that section of the map off as a loss until I finish my magma-killsat megaproject.
A thought occurred. Can you channel out an underground area connected to the river, which extends into the non-animating part of the map? You can have your dwarves fish without the threat of zombie shells killing everyone.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2012, 09:54:10 am »

A thought occurred. Can you channel out an underground area connected to the river, which extends into the non-animating part of the map? You can have your dwarves fish without the threat of zombie shells killing everyone.

Yes; you can do this.  I frequently divert rivers when I embark on them so they run underground through my fortress, and dig out a designated fishing pier that is turned into a fishing activity zone.  Just be sure to set, under orders, "Zone Only Fishing" instead of prefer, otherwise some will still make their way to the surface to fish.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]