Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!  (Read 29627 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2012, 01:40:27 pm »

P-Ple-please not my beard. No! NOO! PUT IT BACK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHRRRRRRRRG.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2012, 12:54:39 am »

Sadly Magma is not the the complete answer. It's a step in the right direction, but any zombies on fire or in magma won't die. Burning simply won't kill 'em cause they can't bleed.

Great for non-zombified corpse disposal though.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2012, 08:07:07 am »

Cave in trap, which breaks through into magma sea to be absorbed by the SMR

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2012, 04:43:25 pm »

Ballista barrage should do the trick.

PS: Can zombie fliers still fly if they loose their wings?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2012, 04:53:45 pm »

I can confirm this is not a good plan unless you can find a lot of time. Or if it is part of a giant Urist Goldberg machine

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2012, 06:48:17 pm »

I can confirm this is not a good plan unless you can find a lot of time. Or if it is part of a giant Urist Goldberg machine

Well, worked well enough against anything I fought in the last version, especially with silver tips. Not ruling out Urist Goldberg machine designed to encase the map in obsidian though...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2012, 10:41:29 am »

Didn't know where to place it but couldn't resist:

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2012, 11:03:46 am »

Wait..

so Thralls will turn dwarves into thralls, but husks don't? Or am I mistaken?

Neither. Husk/thrall/zombies (it's just a name) from evil clouds are often coated in dust or vapor from that cloud. When they attack creatures, they often spread the dust or vapor to the creature that they hit, turning it into another husk/thrall/zombie/etc.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2012, 11:06:38 am »

Eventually they'll be incinerated unless becoming a cloud/ash/vapor whatever the fuck makes you fireimmune.

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2012, 11:40:49 am »

Eventually they'll be incinerated unless becoming a cloud/ash/vapor whatever the fuck makes you fireimmune.

I had an elf corpse fall into a volcano. It spammed "trapped in a pool of magma" reports for what must've been a year before I got fed up and savescummed. Also, having more than a thousand zombies around your fortress is not great for fps...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2012, 11:44:27 am »

WOulda thought it'd hit SMR if it fell in a volcano eventually....

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2012, 11:51:50 am »

I had an elf corpse fall into a volcano. It spammed "trapped in a pool of magma" reports for what must've been a year before I got fed up and savescummed. Also, having more than a thousand zombies around your fortress is not great for fps...
I believe someone found if you added a temperature threshold to all of the parts that make up a body such as bones, skin, etc. (I don't remember if it was HEATDAM, BOILING, or MELTING though, maybe somebody else here could enlighten me :(). Then after a while zombies will eventually collapse if they are immersed in lava.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2012, 04:25:23 pm »

Interesting side effect.  I embarked on an evil biome for ‼SCIENCE‼, and immediately slaughtered my pack animals on the evil biome.  This one is a bit more forgiving; there was a decent delay before they all rose; I drafted everyone and the hair, which rose first, was easily beaten to "death".  The donkey skin died likewise after a scuffle, and lastly the horse skin was hacked, causing another piece to fly off and animate.  Both the skin and the left leg skin or whatever it was were killed.  For some strange reason, they never rose again; I waited twice as long and it was for nothing, none of the three rose.  Not sure if there's something about that, but I'm planning to re-embark and deliberately slaughter and kill something just to see if the skins and hair stay dead once put down, or if they are just amazingly delayed or what.  Also, planning to pit a cat or something off a cliff so it dies without being broken into meat and skin and such, and see if the effects are different on a corpse instead of skin.

Anyway, the interesting side effect is that the horse skin produced a leather when tanned, as normal.  Strangely, the horse skin left leg or whatever I hacked off it ALSO was tanned into a normal piece of horse leather.  So, free horse leather.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2012, 04:58:27 pm »

You hacked off all of the pieces of the corpse which were eligible for resurrection.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2012, 05:03:24 pm »

You hacked off all of the pieces of the corpse which were eligible for resurrection.

Yes, but my point is shouldn't those pieces rise again after they've been defeated?  I thought the undead underwent perpetual resurrection until completely destroyed or otherwise disposed of.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10