Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!  (Read 29672 times)

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
Re: ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2012, 10:33:45 pm »

Muahaha!  Silly fools!  Those traps weren't made to keep people OUT, they were made to keep people IN!

armandhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2012, 10:33:56 pm »

I am Playing in an evil region and 50 Giant mosquitos made it into my fort killed 10 dwarfs before i got all of them. Then Became UNDEAD with the Freaking Dwarfs then killed 10 more!!! THEN when i finally got all of them I have undead dwarfs spawning every 5 seconds so a whole squad has to guard the coffins while I try to Clean UP this mess and a stupid vampire IS STILL KILLING RANDOM DWARFS!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Seriously

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2012, 10:36:47 pm »

This thread is glorious.

!!GLORIOUS!!

armandhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2012, 10:43:18 pm »

Do you guys think if i caged them all it will work??? then ill have a nice zoo of undead relatives! Wanna see granpa?? well now you can!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2012, 10:46:46 pm »

As long as you kept them caged. But that aint' right.

Put them in a coffin.

Deconstruct that doffin.

Dump that coffin into magma.

No ghost.

No zombies.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2012, 10:48:36 pm »

Put them in a coffin.

Deconstruct that doffin.

No ghost.

No zombies.

Armok Procedure: Incineration of body in a combustable receptical.

armandhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2012, 10:50:06 pm »

For that I need to get to the magma but, the previously mentioned Giant mosquitoes made sure to kill all my miner dwarfs first! So all I am trying to do is stabilize the situation while I find that godamn vampire who is so sneaky that he killed 5 dwarfs and stil no witnesses!!! ...starting to think its my sherif....

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2012, 10:54:46 pm »

For that I need to get to the magma but, the previously mentioned Giant mosquitoes made sure to kill all my miner dwarfs first! So all I am trying to do is stabilize the situation while I find that godamn vampire who is so sneaky that he killed 5 dwarfs and stil no witnesses!!! ...starting to think its my sherif....

No more private quarters. Lock them and free up the beds. Dorm via bed, barracks in the same room via box/cabnet/whatever. Assigna squads there. Training dwarves will see him try to drain a sleeping dwarf.
Sterilize by atomsmasher.

armandhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2012, 11:00:02 pm »

No more private quarters. Lock them and free up the beds. Dorm via bed, barracks in the same room via box/cabnet/whatever. Assigna squads there. Training dwarves will see him try to drain a sleeping dwarf.
Sterilize by atomsmasher.

OMG THATS GENIUS!!! THANKS! I WILL EXECUTE THAT VAMPIRE WITH SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL!!!!!!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2012, 11:15:22 pm »

I read that from Loud Whispers. If he came up with it, I am meerly spreading proceedure for getting rid of the bastards.

If not, then he's done what I now do.

And with every squashed vamp, Dwarves breatha little easier. Except when unholy smog rolls in.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2012, 12:55:17 pm »

I read that from Loud Whispers. If he came up with it, I am meerly spreading proceedure for getting rid of the bastards.

If not, then he's done what I now do.

And with every squashed vamp, Dwarves breatha little easier. Except when unholy smog rolls in.
No one expects...the DWARVEN INQUISTION!
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2012, 01:12:45 pm »

Put them in a coffin.

Deconstruct that doffin.

No ghost.

No zombies.

No such luck.  Deconstructing the coffin dumps the contents of the coffin on the ground, so the body is no longer properly buried.  And even if you do something like pour magma over the coffin while it's still constructed and containing a body, destroying the body that way makes it no longer properly buried and generates a ghost.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2012, 01:13:08 pm »

If you bury someone, they come back as a zombie and destroy your fort. If you don't bury someone, they come back as a ghost and their friends cause a tantrum spiral about the body decaying.

Do any and all things killed by the dead become undead, or just in certain areas/circumstances?
It doesn't matter what killed them if they die in a zombifying biome they become a zombie.

Gregg

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Ooooh, yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2012, 01:20:43 pm »

Do you guys think if i caged them all it will work??? then ill have a nice zoo of undead relatives! Wanna see granpa?? well now you can!

So are you saying you're gonna catch 'em all?

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2012, 01:47:33 pm »

Do we know if vampires zombify?
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10