Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!  (Read 29666 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2012, 01:22:23 pm »

I don't think the body parts will kindly wait while the dwarf works on it.

They don't. I had to put a lockdown system in the area of the fort where body parts are processed after dead tanners started to multiply.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2012, 02:02:08 pm »

I think we should attempt to give these zombies love and understanding.

Yes.
Weaponized zombie fortress defense.
Use them to fight demons.
Going to be fun!

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2012, 02:18:08 pm »

We might need to start liberally spreading traps around our refuse piles and body-part-processing workshops.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2012, 02:30:35 pm »

Or just do away with refuse stockpiles and dump stuff into a pit (covering it with a hatch, in case anything tries to fly out)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 06:36:22 pm »

I butchered a horse in a sinister area. Next thing I saw was my dwarves being interrupted by crawling horse hair. Hilarity ensued.
It was only mildly annoying, but slightly later the horse skin also went undead and killed everyone.

Anybody else think of The Thing?

Carpenters' thing? or adams familys' thing?

The thing.
This Thing?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's not the original, but yes, that thing :D
Pardon, but I never saw(ed) the original.

You must see it. The new movie is a clichéd slasher/body horror shitflick. The entire atmosphere is all "oh there's a monster we must run or it will get us!" while the original builds a tension of distrust between the crew members. It's not even comparable.
I will see our recording of the movie; as I've heard they were not comparible, but the whole point of the post was the pun.
Rather accurate, as only heat-based weapons seem to be effective against the Thing. Now if we can only figure out how to get magma throwers and heated wire-blood tests.

Nuke it from orbit.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2012, 06:41:59 pm »

I butchered a horse in a sinister area. Next thing I saw was my dwarves being interrupted by crawling horse hair. Hilarity ensued.
It was only mildly annoying, but slightly later the horse skin also went undead and killed everyone.

The thing.
This Thing?

You must see it. The new movie is a clichéd slasher/body horror shitflick. The entire atmosphere is all "oh there's a monster we must run or it will get us!" while the original builds a tension of distrust between the crew members. It's not even comparable.
I will see our recording of the movie; as I've heard they were not comparible, but the whole point of the post was the pun.
Rather accurate, as only heat-based weapons seem to be effective against the Thing. Now if we can only figure out how to get magma throwers and heated wire-blood tests.

Nuke it from orbit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67JpMyrOVE
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2012, 06:51:41 pm »

The thing.
This Thing?

Nuke it from orbit.

Exactly (2:00)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2012, 07:02:18 pm »

The thing.
This Thing?

Nuke it from orbit.

Exactly (2:00)

Ha, i finished Retribution like a week ago too :P.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2012, 07:03:22 pm »

If you properly bury a corpse in a burial site, does it still become undead and get out of its tomb?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2012, 09:41:31 pm »

If you properly bury a corpse in a burial site, does it still become undead and get out of its tomb?

Yes, so don't bother making coffins. Just make a nice corpse stockpile in every bedroom. Much easier. Make slabs instead if you're worried about ghosts.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2012, 09:44:28 pm »

Yes, so don't bother making coffins. Just make a nice corpse stockpile in every bedroom. Much easier. Make slabs instead if you're worried about ghosts.

Or better: Make an elaborate tomb complex, and start filling it back to front. The dorfs left outside whent he fort falls will be the initial resistance in Adv, Mode.

Your goal?

Sterilize the infection.

armandhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2012, 10:19:07 pm »

WHY WONT THEY STAY IN THEIR COFFINS!!!!!!!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2012, 10:25:22 pm »

If you bury someone, they come back as a zombie and destroy your fort. If you don't bury someone, they come back as a ghost and their friends cause a tantrum spiral about the body decaying.

Do any and all things killed by the dead become undead, or just in certain areas/circumstances?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2012, 10:26:01 pm »

Zombies: Meh, don't feel like it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2012, 10:30:04 pm »

Door-> lock->wall.
And then traps to be sure.

What fun, now we NEED to double seal catacombs and lace them with traps!
Armok is pleased by this development.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10