Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!  (Read 29655 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!
« on: February 14, 2012, 04:02:58 pm »

This is a really boner-killing piss off and makes me orgasmically joyful at the same time. A zombie kills a person, who then becomes a zombie who kills the next person and so on and so on. It's a fuckin' pain on embark (lost 5 teams that way; Damn zombie weaselpeople), but is awesome when a goblin ambush ended up fighting themselves after one lucky shot from a marksdwarf. Think Dead Space, including all the fun times with severed limbs.  8)
Share your zombie spiral stories.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:07:48 pm by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 04:25:19 pm »

Should be interesting to see what clever zombie quarantine efforts people come up with.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

Elf Lover

• Bay Watcher
  • AAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 04:29:14 pm »

Should be interesting to see what clever zombie quarantine efforts people come up with.

ZOMBIE MOAT.
Every Dwarf Fortress Fort is a concentration camp, only without the nazis.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 04:30:05 pm »

ZOMBIE MOAT.

The main problem with that is getting the corpses to keep dead long enough for you to drop them there.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Elf Lover

• Bay Watcher
  • AAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 04:33:27 pm »

ZOMBIE MOAT.

The main problem with that is getting the corpses to keep dead long enough for you to drop them there.

Kill all creatures on a retractable bridge which is over the moat. Retract bridge. Profit.
Every Dwarf Fortress Fort is a concentration camp, only without the nazis.

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 04:35:53 pm »

Actually, I'm envisioning a zombie pit to drop my captured enemies into. Heh heh heh...

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 04:38:28 pm »

I'm just dumping all my dwarf corpses down a walled-off 2z-deep pit so they can't get out. They'll get incinerated once I get down to magma level.

EDIT: Also, I find it somewhat odd that my metalworker is still listed as 'missing' despite his zombie being listed as 'deceased'.
くコ:彡

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 04:41:08 pm »

I butchered a horse in a sinister area. Next thing I saw was my dwarves being interrupted by crawling horse hair. Hilarity ensued.
It was only mildly annoying, but slightly later the horse skin also went undead and killed everyone.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 04:43:04 pm »

I'm just dumping all my dwarf corpses down a walled-off 2z-deep pit so they can't get out. They'll get incinerated once I get down to magma level.

EDIT: Also, I find it somewhat odd that my metalworker is still listed as 'missing' despite his zombie being listed as 'deceased'.
I wonder, are there ghosts from dead dwarves, even though they are zombies?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 04:43:50 pm »

I wonder, are there ghosts from dead dwarves, even though they are zombies?

I belive Toady said that it is possible to get both ghosts and zombies out of the same dwarf.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 04:44:23 pm »

I butchered a horse in a sinister area. Next thing I saw was my dwarves being interrupted by crawling horse hair. Hilarity ensued.
It was only mildly annoying, but slightly later the horse skin also went undead and killed everyone.
I probably missed the note on this somewhere, but does anything that dies in a sinister area reanimate?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 04:45:08 pm »

Pretty much, yeah.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 04:51:58 pm »

Any evil area, actually. So as long as it is a biome that is classified as Sinister (low savagery), Haunted (medium savagery) or Sinister (high savagery) it might rise up.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 04:53:38 pm »

There's a good reason why the dwarves in evil areas are vegetarians.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 05:01:52 pm »

Cool site, a brook dividing 2 mountain biomes (one is normal and the other is an evil mountain) with a grassland patch arround the river forming a valley. First 30 seconds : My wagoon spawned in the evil side, an evil sludge started falling and contamined everybody (Fever), one weasel body is killed (Again :P) by my dogs but one is bitten and get insta blistering on all body parts, after that a zombie eagle starts killing people (5)
And the situations ends with my expedition miner being chased by his friend and the miner who was away digging tunnels unaware  of the whole carnage.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10