Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!  (Read 29623 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ZOMBIE SPIRAL!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 05:02:00 pm »

I butchered a horse in a sinister area. Next thing I saw was my dwarves being interrupted by crawling horse hair. Hilarity ensued.
It was only mildly annoying, but slightly later the horse skin also went undead and killed everyone.
There's a good reason why the dwarves in evil areas are vegetarians.
they need to see well in the dark?
they don't want to be balardered with fat?
Human Trader: *eating bucket o' chicken* So, what sort of trade agreements would you like to-
*Grizzled, One Armed-shocked dwarf appears with battleaxe*
Human Trader: *gulp* Something I said?
Dwarf: I had to fight my own sword arm... *Takes bucket o' chicken, runs up the mountain, and with a prayer to armork, throws it into volcano*
Human: Uhhhhh....
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 05:03:29 pm »

Just reclaimed and guess what ? Undead can lay ambushes!
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 05:08:56 pm »

Just reclaimed and guess what ? Undead can lay ambushes!
I'm fairly certain that most creatures can lay ambushes when you reclaim. After all I've had a fort before that when reclaimed was ambushed by several named camels from the last fort's demise.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 05:12:32 pm »

Stupid idea 1: create sprawling fortress then let everyone die. mod in combat rifles, kevlar, and helmets. Send dorfs in with said gear. Reenact resident evil.

Also, from this I can safely say mental note: Do not enter evil areas unarmed.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 05:17:25 pm »

Found a bug, Ghosts follow the same mechanic as zombies, they try to attack anyone (By Quickly moving into the same tile of his target)
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 05:19:55 pm »

Found a bug, Ghosts follow the same mechanic as zombies, they try to attack anyone (By Quickly moving into the same tile of his target)

Depends on the ghost.
Those that died violently and were easier to anger are usually more violent/annoying if I recall. And being killed by a zombie would definatly fill this. Especially if said zombie was thier own arm.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 05:31:41 pm »

My first fort of the new release I embarked at the point where four rivers met with a nice waterfall. I got busy carving a path down the side of the cliff and digging out some living areas. There are some hippos and the occasional zombie hanging out on the opposite bank but there's no way for them to get to the dwarves and I brought a skilled hammerdwarf just in case. Then a zombie leopard decides to kill one of the hippos and it proceeds to turn into a zombie. This wouldn't be a problem if it just wandered off like the other zombies but no, it decided to camp out on the edge of the cliff, as close as possible to my dwarves, the supplies I brought and all the construction going on. This lead to every single dwarf getting scared away by the hippo, trying to go back to get a drink and getting scared by the hippo again. The only dwarf not stuck in this loop was the hammerdwarf, who I sent to make a crossbow and bolts so he can kill the damned hippo. Of course since he has no experience with archery he misses all twenty of his shots and then gets murdered by a swarm of zombie mothmen.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 05:45:40 pm »

Seems like migrants arrive with all non-basic labours turned off. Oh joy.
くコ:彡

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 06:11:56 pm »

After all I've had a fort before that when reclaimed was ambushed by several named camels from the last fort's demise.

Sounds like a worthy demise indeed.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 09:38:37 pm »

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT
Do NOT use serrated blade traps. EVERY SINGLE ONE PIECE BECAME A ZOMBIE.
Cage them and then melt/atom smash. Only way to be sure.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 09:40:38 pm »

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT
Do NOT use serrated blade traps. EVERY SINGLE ONE PIECE BECAME A ZOMBIE.
Cage them and then melt/atom smash. Only way to be sure.

Really, this is the best way to fill your moat with a writhing slurry of undead goo. Or populate an archery range
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 09:47:49 pm »

I wonder what happens to the HFS in evil regions. Can they become zombies? And if so will the zombies be hostile to their living counterparts? I can see a lot of potential for ‼FUN‼ here.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 09:58:01 pm »

I wonder what happens to the HFS in evil regions. Can they become zombies? And if so will the zombies be hostile to their living counterparts? I can see a lot of potential for ‼FUN‼ here.

I think this might be why there's a   [IT_FORBIDDEN:SUPERNATURAL] tag. Maybe it stops clowns from being zombies? Someone needs to test it.

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 11:02:38 pm »

I butchered a horse in a sinister area. Next thing I saw was my dwarves being interrupted by crawling horse hair. Hilarity ensued.
It was only mildly annoying, but slightly later the horse skin also went undead and killed everyone.

Anybody else think of The Thing?
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 11:04:32 pm »

Anybody else think of The Thing?

Carpenters' thing? or adams familys' thing?
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10