Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to serve a necromancer.  (Read 6710 times)

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
Re: How to serve a necromancer.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 02:34:58 pm »

Well, not tower, but towers.

The peninsula where the fort is home to five necromancer's towers, and none of them were that far away. Also, I've captured second one already, looking to see whether there's more coming.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 03:55:43 pm »

I'm dying to do this: how did you catch it? Did it come with migrants? Did it attack with an ambush? Where did you place your cage?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 03:57:46 pm »

It worked just like a kobold thief or goblin kidnapper, except that my cage traps caught him before he could do anything. He was homing inside the fort, though.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 03:58:48 pm »

It worked just like a kobold thief or goblin kidnapper, except that my cage traps caught him before he could do anything. He was homing inside the fort, though.
Note to self: Add cage traps to the refuse stockpile before anything goes wrong. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 04:13:01 pm »

In the future my refuse stockpile will be in the innermost layer of my fortress where it's most secure.  I predict FUN if something does get in, though.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 04:18:23 pm »

Great, now I got to start trapping my refuse pile and graveyards. Sounds fun!

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 04:19:44 pm »

His zombies will always be hostile to all life. He doesn't count as alive since he has sort of transcended (or subverted I guess) that whole process.

Link his cage to a lever, and put him in a tower one z-level off the ground, with windows that he can't jump/get shot out of. Build an arena around his little home and pit dead bodies and live animals/prisoners into it. Pull the lever and watch him zap them alive through his windows. If you have an airlock-style entrance, you can send in dwarves, invaders, or whoever to battle the zombies he creates.

You could also make this into an elaborate defense mechanism, where all who would enter your fortress from above or below are forced to pass through the halls of the dead. Let the zombies deal with that contact syndrome blood.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 04:38:18 pm »

Zombiemoat. NOW. Also, caged zombies for entertainment.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 04:45:34 pm »

This bodes well for my planned necropolis!

I intend to have 3 large towers stuffed full of bodies, all connected to wach other via a long, winding walkway.  At the top of the final tower, I shall place a caged necromancer. His cage will be linked to THE LEVER.

I intend this to be both a megaproject, *and* an adventure mode challenge. (And a fortress reclaim challenge if anyone feels daring.)

The idea is that once all the towers are completely stuffed with dead bodies like a macabre pinata I shall pull the lever, damning the world to the zombie apocholypse. I do intend to cheat during construction. The fun is not in the building of the project, but in the fully legit challenge of defeating dwarf racoon city. :)

I should get started really soon.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 05:09:28 pm »

More on their behaviour. Their modus operandi seems to be this: They will stay sneaking and continue raising corpses until they are discovered, and then will attempt to run away. They also have a curious habit of animating their own ripped-off limbs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 05:18:44 pm »

And so the first wiki article for this is born: Anti-/Zombie Defense systems: Keeping the dead dorfs useful.

Someone go write it.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 05:36:29 pm »

And so the first wiki article for this is born: Anti-/Zombie Defense systems: Keeping the dead dorfs useful.

Someone go write it.
The wiki is actually sort of in stasis right now since they are almost certainly going to create a new namespace, they even have a note on the main page asking for content to not be updated right now.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 05:38:30 pm »

Someone go write it.
The wiki is actually sort of in stasis right now since they are almost certainly going to create a new namespace, they even have a note on the main page asking for content to not be updated right now.

Aww. Well then. Guess we need to dump the ideas somewhere else for the time being.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 05:53:49 pm »

Just had to post this. New necromancer use: Using zombie heads as security cameras.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 05:57:57 pm »

Chitin has eyes now ???
Pages: 1 [2]