Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: .34.01 Weaponization Thread  (Read 14106 times)

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .34.01 Weaponization Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 11:28:39 pm »

I have an idea...

Take your ordinary kitten fountain. You know the kind.. rains kittens onto a spike trap?

Well! Remove the spike trap.  The room where the kittens land is 1x1 tile, surrounded by 2 walls.
It has a door that leads to the landing pad from the outside. It is closed by a floodgate. Across from the floodgate, is a vertical bars wall, or a fortification. it allows another 1x1 tile room surrounded by walls to have clear view of the landing pad.  In here, we install a caged necromancer.

Now. The !fun!.

Kittens fall from above. Some die on impact. We pull a lever to release the necromancer from his cage. He sees the dead kittens, and raises them as evil killer zombie kittens. These kittens make short work of the ones that manage to survive the fall. If they fight each other from being trapped in the 1x1 room, the necro can see the corpse, and raises it again.  Critical density is therefor avoided. An infinite number of killer kittens can be stored/generated with this room.

When desired, open the floodgate and release the kittens.

Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the zombie kittens of war!

I like it :)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 11:30:37 pm »

I'm wondering if my neighboring civs have figured out a way to weaponize mining ... I've had two miners die, and the third is in the hospital with two broken legs.  I haven't even made it to the first caravan yet, and only have 11 10 dwarves left.

Every one of my four cavins (one just knocked the newb miner uncoscious, and the next one killed her) has been from digging up-ramps to clear surface areas.  I've even been careful to dig the highest layer first.  I'm really starting to think the digging/mining mechanics have changed slightly under the hood to cause this.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 12:12:31 am »

Use the idea of putting a dwarven child in a pit with 13 years food/booze supply, place a zombie cat in there as well. If the baby survives, he is worthy to become a Dwarven SPESS MEHREEN.
If he re-kills the zombie cat, even better.

fixed.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 01:11:04 am »

Living dead moat will most definitely work, so long as you can get the bodies in there.

Simple. Just throw a live body in there, then kill it. Drop a kitten from 10z up, then instantaneous undead fun.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 01:22:12 am »

dropping anything down 10 z levels will kill it, so its basically a giant pit full of framerate killing zombies.

Here's a suggestion: Dump a bunch of corpses down a 1x1 shaft about 2 z levels deep, and wait for them to reanimate. Then dump goblin prisoners, annoying nobles, and all of your corpses down there.

Step 2: dig a shaft leading to an unbreached entrance to the circus, then undermine the zombies, causing them to plummet down to the bottom and die.

Step 3: Wait for them to re-reanimate.

Step 4: Crack open the circus and release the zeds.

Step 5: ???

Step 6: Profit, assuming clowns will fight zombies.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

DungeonJerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 01:27:50 am »

We need to find a way to control the mists, like some kind of pressure system that works like a fan intake so we can draw it in and repel it if need be.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 01:31:16 am »

We need to find a way to control the mists, like some kind of pressure system that works like a fan intake so we can draw it in and repel it if need be.

Hmm. Modding some kind of windmill-screwpump hybrid might do the trick, if it's possible. Imagine, DF: Now with chemical weapons!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 01:39:25 am »

Impossible.  But if the mist/soot/etc follows any flow, then it can be controlled and weaponized.  Give it a little time before someone cracks the flow dynamics and figures out how to set up a pressure system to redirect dangerous mist.

DungeonJerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 01:55:38 am »

Impossible.  But if the mist/soot/etc follows any flow, then it can be controlled and weaponized.  Give it a little time before someone cracks the flow dynamics and figures out how to set up a pressure system to redirect dangerous mist.

Oh, we can wait. But we all want our zombie creator gas chambers. And or zombie mist wall's.

Imagine, a siege that could be reduced to a shambling horde by an instant mist wall that could be blown upwards and then drawn back in.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 02:01:00 am »

People are saying that butchered horse's hair has been rising.

I'm not too sure how shaving wool works, but you may be able to make infinite zombies by repeatedly shaving a sheep's wool.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 02:03:52 am »

I think it would specifically have to be head wool.  Troll fur from the hands or head would work as well, probably.  There appears to be some token inheritance, where hair from the [HEAD] inherits the tag and can be resurrected.  ‼Science‼ should be performed to determine the exact means of reanimation.

Nan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 02:26:27 am »

Uniform bug seems to be gone. My woodcutters properly put on their military uniform when active, then when inactive they chuck their uniform and pick up their axe. May not make "combat miners/woodcutters" possible (though I haven't fiddled with all possible settings) but it's nice that it "just works" now.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2012, 02:50:31 am »

Saw a giant hamster.
Didn't see them in the raws.
Those things are alot nastier than I would peg a hamster for.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 05:37:40 am »

What about the weaponisation of werecreatures? theoretically you would only need one captive werecreature and some chained goblins to createa horde of the monsters, assuming some of the goblins survive.

Does anyone know how lethal werecreatures are? Are we talking one hit kill or minor maiming?

As for the moat of zombies idea; firstly wouldn't it scare all of your dwarfs any time they got near it and secondly won't caravan guards who have ranged weapons spend all their time shooting your moat denizens while the caravan runs to the hills.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2012, 06:02:10 am »

Somehow turn a bronze colossus or a similar creature into a vampire. Chain it up, use it as a 'guard' for our fool noble.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5