Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042697 times)

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7800 on: June 01, 2014, 04:31:15 pm »

I'm aware... I just don't know what kind of item sand in a bag would be classed as.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7801 on: June 01, 2014, 04:46:45 pm »

POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:SAND

and you need a bag as reagent, lets call it :sand bag:, use PRESERVE_REAGENT, and than say PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:sand bag: for the powder.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: June 01, 2014, 05:09:50 pm »

would this work as SAND_RED and SAND_WHITE as specific options, or just SAND?

I'm guessing it would be then;
[spoile]
[REACTION:MAKE_IRON_SAND_BRICKS]
[NAME:make iron sand bricks]
[BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_P]
[REAGENT:A:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:SAND_RED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:IRON_SAND]
[/spoiler]

or is it still off?

Given that it's outputting blocks of the material, not loose powder.   
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7803 on: June 01, 2014, 05:14:50 pm »

You can turn sand into anything you want, even a sand sword. But the block will not be used in glass forges for example.

And yes, of course it will work, as long as you have SAND_RED in your files somewhere. You can also rename SAND_RED to VCXCBYJKVHSDIO and use that. You have all the choices when modding.

The issue with your reaction is that it calls for powder. No dwarf just runs there with powder in his hands... they will always run there with a bag filled with powder. So you need one reagent more: The bag.

REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE   CONTAINS:A   PRESERVE_REAGENT  DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT

These four are missing. They are 1. the box/bag, 2. the info that the bag contains reagent "A", which is the sand, 3. the fact that you dont use up the bag, and 4. that the bag has no influence on the amount of blocks made.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: June 01, 2014, 05:20:44 pm »

So it would look like this then?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7805 on: June 01, 2014, 06:15:35 pm »

yes, that looks fine. Only lacking the SKILL, but I guess thats intended for now.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: June 02, 2014, 12:57:23 am »

I'm unable to gen dwarves in my world. Which makes no sense, because I haven't modded them at all. The changes I've made are all to other creatures, which appear perfectly when I try to create a new world, but I keep running into a 'can't find any suitable area to place a controllable civilization' rejection error during worldgen.
Spoiler: The changes I've made (click to show/hide)
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7807 on: June 02, 2014, 04:10:40 am »

Dwarves need non-good and non-evil mountain biomes to spawn. If you worldgen doesnt have those, try again.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: June 02, 2014, 02:13:22 pm »

So for my next update I'm doing avatars - especially powerful humans, elves, and dwarves that have powers based on different spheres. So far I have earth, fire, death, war, fortresses, and healing. Some less violent ones would be nice, as well as some more general ones.

EDIT: Luck, rebirth, and wisdom.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:16:16 pm by TheFlame52 »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: June 02, 2014, 02:25:06 pm »

So for my next update I'm doing avatars - especially powerful humans, elves, and dwarves that have powers based on different spheres. So far I have earth, fire, death, war, fortresses, and healing. Some less violent ones would be nice, as well as some more general ones.

EDIT: Luck, rebirth, and wisdom.
The Avatar says "I will give you one chance to take that back.  Otherwise I will smite you with the power of RAINBOWS!"
The Avatar strikes a ridiculous pose!
Upbeat music appears from nowhere and magical ponies leap out from behind the Avatar!
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: June 02, 2014, 02:30:58 pm »

The Avatar of Rainbows transforms into a Unicorn!
The Unicorn gores you in the head with its horn, bruising the muscle, shattering the skull, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
You have been struck down.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: June 02, 2014, 02:39:11 pm »

I do like a focus on Spheres rather than generic Good/Evil, it's just that some of the Spheres seem a lot more anime than DF.

I can only imagine how many times you'd have to kill an Avatar of Rebirth before you're finally rid of the threat.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: June 02, 2014, 03:01:00 pm »

Oh god! When you chop off his arm, he turns it into another version of himself! :o And he brings his friends back to life fully formed!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7813 on: June 02, 2014, 03:14:53 pm »

Please stop spamming in the Modding Help thread.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: June 03, 2014, 04:42:24 pm »

Hey, how do you bring a creature back to life normally? This interaction just brings them back to life as corpses with a health bar.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 544