Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042466 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7635 on: May 02, 2014, 02:49:47 pm »

The functions themselves generally don't change, but the memory addresses do. It usually takes a little bit of time for the DFHack people to patch it all back up and direct everything to the right locations, but I don't think you would have to change your code much (simple find and replaces maybe).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: May 02, 2014, 02:50:15 pm »

The API itself probably won't change too much but the structures will likely be given a small upheaval (especially unit souls).

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: May 04, 2014, 11:00:39 pm »

Still plodding away as I have time to fine-tune The Earth Strikes Back.  The creature spawning is working okay, but I've noticed that the syndromes aren't applying 100% of the time.  I thought I had to flag the syndrome as resistable before the dwarves would get a change to resist.

Also, does anyone know of a way to ensure that a particular stone does NOT show up in embark or trade caravans?  For embark, I can just make the material value really high, but I'm worried that the Dwarven Caravan is going to spawn with a few boulders of Living Schist.  Then a few hundred ticks later half the caravan is trying to eat the other half.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: May 04, 2014, 11:03:27 pm »

Have you tried giving your stones [SPECIAL]?

That should prevent caravans and civilizations from obtaining it.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: May 05, 2014, 02:49:13 am »

Is there a way to find out if something is wrong with a particular creature?

I've been given a save, in which the butchering of a domestic animal causes a crash, somehow. I've butchered dozens of those without incident, but something causes the crash in this instance. How to investigate something like this?

Also, this.

Visus Draconis

• Bay Watcher
  • Prognosticationist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: May 05, 2014, 08:36:20 am »

Their breath is too hot, I'd assume. Try giving the material a lower boiling point. The creature extract template can melt fat when it boils.

Also, you may wish to make the syndrome last longer. As it is, it doesn't even last long enough to take effect. I haven't seen any necrosis while testing it out.

Nope, tried it out. It still causes the poor bastard that gets hit with the vapor to burn and die. Maybe if I lowered the [IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:55000] part to a more manageable temperature, it should work, but then it'd make the black dragon die to dragonfire.

EDIT: It's working! Seems I was right: removing the tag mentioned above makes the vapor work fine. A few modifications to the NECROSIS part, and the Black Dragon's breath is now necrotic. Thanks for the help, BlackFlyme.

Now all that's left is to make it lethal.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:03:38 am by Visus Draconis »
"Armok, I would like a set of ☼adamantine socks☼ for the winter holiday."

Syndrome-causing cloud of creeping mist appears at the edge of the map.

"I'll take that as a no."

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: May 05, 2014, 09:13:31 am »

Have you tried giving your stones [SPECIAL]?

That should prevent caravans and civilizations from obtaining it.
Thanks BlackFlyme, I'll try that as soon as I no longer need to be able to embark with the stuff for troubleshooting.  It's kind of funny to see the available items at embark including living granite nest box, living marble piccolo, etc. when I know that stone boils away at -58°F.  The mountainhome must run up serious air conditioning bills in the Workshop Quarter.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: May 05, 2014, 02:01:18 pm »

How would I go about getting books/slabs containing my custom secrets?

What I currently have is this:
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:EXAMPLE SECRET]
[I_SOURCE:SECRET]
[IS_NAME:the secrets of magic]
[IS_SPHERE:FIRE]
[IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY]
[IS_SECRET:SUPERNATURAL_LEARNING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RESEARCH_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_TEACHING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/secret_arcane.txt]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
(IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL)
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_SPEAK]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Wizard]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_DISPLAY_TILE:TILE:165:5:0:1:START:0]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:wizard:wizards:arcane:START:0]
(CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:START:0)

I read something about having to add a sphere, so I tried adding fire but still, nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Edit: Never mind, it seems to work now. All I did was change the name of the secret to SECRET_ARCANE
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:08:02 pm by TheDorf »
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: May 06, 2014, 05:38:50 pm »

Can stone files function properly with multiple instances of the tokens that define what they are, like [METAMORPHIC]?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: May 06, 2014, 05:54:45 pm »

Those are occurrence tokens, not "what they are" tokens. Yes.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: May 07, 2014, 09:10:05 am »

Hey, I have a goofy question about interactions.  Can I set up a single attack/interaction to have different effects on different creatures?  I'm thinking for example that target A is CAT:MALE and target B is CAT:FEMALE, with distinct syndromes hurled at A and B.  Would this operate correctly if only one of the targets was there?  If I made this two different interactions, I'm not sure the game would choose the proper one at run time.
Just got back, updating:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7647 on: May 07, 2014, 09:54:23 am »

Attacks no, interactions yes. just use SYN AFFECTED CREATURE:CAT:MALE for the first and FEMALE for the second.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: May 07, 2014, 10:53:06 am »

Attacks no, interactions yes. just use SYN AFFECTED CREATURE:CAT:MALE for the first and FEMALE for the second.
Thanks.  Ah, to stretch my example a bit, the attack could target A as CAT:ALL, with two different syndromes for A, one affecting each type.
Just got back, updating:

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: May 07, 2014, 04:58:12 pm »

Another question.
Can [MEGABEAST] and [SEMIMEGABEAST] be on the same creature or do they conflict?
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 544