Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042203 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7395 on: March 23, 2014, 10:08:48 pm »

My wild creature is not showing up in fortress mode anymore dispite there being 100's millions of them everywhere, all I did was add in some functionality to make them harder and now they are a no show. They showed up before but not anymore. what did I mess up?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note they are the only surface wild animal.

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: March 23, 2014, 10:56:52 pm »

My wild creature is not showing up in fortress mode anymore dispite there being 100's millions of them everywhere, all I did was add in some functionality to make them harder and now they are a no show. They showed up before but not anymore. what did I mess up?

[BOILING_POINT:7000][HEATDAM_POINT:7000][MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10200].I guess that it always dies because its temperature its bigger that them the HEATDAM_POINT.I don't know if you intended that to happen (ex:make limbs fall to create a certain effect).Also the CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON] is missing the starting bracket.   

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: March 23, 2014, 11:17:14 pm »

The boiling point is more important.

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: March 24, 2014, 12:10:27 am »

The boiling point is more important.
Facepalm here.Forgot that the boiling point is the one that set them on fire.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: March 24, 2014, 12:31:21 am »

That's ignition point. Boiling point is the one that makes them evaporate.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: March 24, 2014, 08:47:23 am »

-snip-

[BOILING_POINT:7000][HEATDAM_POINT:7000][MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10200].I guess that it always dies because its temperature its bigger that them the HEATDAM_POINT.I don't know if you intended that to happen (ex:make limbs fall to create a certain effect).Also the CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON] is missing the starting bracket.
Yes that was intended, that is just one material on the creature for one caste only, a caste that never shows up unless transformed into. also the missing bracket was intended, sometimes i'm too lazy to remove things completely just in case I need to add it back in. Also if you look the GOO material and tissue are only applied to CONNECTOR bodyparts, the only part that melts/evaporates away dropping my desired bodypart to be created into minions.

but now they don't show, I have ANY_LAND as the biome and they popped up once before all my changes. is ALL_ACTIVE important to fortress mode? thought those behaviours were more used in adv. mode for wildlife ambushes from predators

EDIT:
I added a few extra tags:
[ALL_ACTIVE][NATURAL][UBIQUITOUS]
even removed [LARGE_PREDATOR]
no effect never showed up... removed the melting material and tissue and even the spawning caste. now they show >.> guess back to some simple voodoo magic, hope this doesn't effect invaders.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 12:09:00 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: March 25, 2014, 12:29:59 am »

I think it may be because you defined the leprechaun's facial hair tissues before you added the materials and tissues that are used by the body detail plan. When I moved it further down in the creature I started seeing leprechauns with beards in generated worlds. For some reason beards still won't show up in the arena for me though.

Also, the eye colours aren't quite right. You didn't define a noun, so the game says things like "his left eye tissue is blue", instead of "his eyes are blue".

Managed to fix the eyes, though I still can't get beards to work without them appearing on the fairies. Any tips on where and how I should add it?
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: March 25, 2014, 12:38:35 am »

I think it may be because you defined the leprechaun's facial hair tissues before you added the materials and tissues that are used by the body detail plan. When I moved it further down in the creature I started seeing leprechauns with beards in generated worlds. For some reason beards still won't show up in the arena for me though.

Also, the eye colours aren't quite right. You didn't define a noun, so the game says things like "his left eye tissue is blue", instead of "his eyes are blue".

Managed to fix the eyes, though I still can't get beards to work without them appearing on the fairies. Any tips on where and how I should add it?

Where did you place the detail plan? All I did was add this:

[SELECT_CASTE:MALE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]

Below the material definitions, then I put another [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] directly underneath that.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: March 27, 2014, 05:22:30 pm »

Okay, this is weird.

The invaders - members of the civ that have to use only one metal - can use metal armor and weapons, now. But there's a catch.

There's several castes of different size in that creature, which are capable of using armor and weapons (have [CAN_LEARN] and [EQUIPS]). They are of different size: one is 95000, the others are 175000 and bigger.

ONLY the ones that are smaller ever use armor and weapons.

The bigger one always come as wrestlers, with no weapons or armor.

Why?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: March 27, 2014, 05:37:29 pm »

have you set any learning limitations (SKILL_LEARN_RATE(they might not be able to learn how to use a weapon, thus refuse to come with one)) missing GRASP(weapons)? and/or EQUIPS(armor)?

could you post the creature?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: March 27, 2014, 05:57:54 pm »

What does the KILL_NEUTRAL ethic control?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: March 27, 2014, 05:59:10 pm »

They do have graspers; didn't use SKILL_LEARN_RATE at all; everyone who should have EQUIPS, has it.

Here's the creature:

The affected castes are MORPH_CONTROLLER and all the ones after it. The TELEKINESIS_... parts are the ones that grasp.
The INFESTED_PONY caste uses weapons and armor normally.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:05:27 pm by Valikdu »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: March 27, 2014, 06:21:30 pm »

the natural skill rates could have something to do with it, altho it is interesting that the INFESTED would choose to take up arms more often then the MORPH I know I had a race that had certain castes specialize in a weapon so I made them naturally good at it and learn it faster, it would be interesting to see a squad of avg axe units being lead by an eilte sword unit and all the axe units being of the same caste.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: March 27, 2014, 09:58:47 pm »

Quote from: BlackFlyme link=topic=100707.msg5121096#msg5121096

Where did you place the detail plan? All I did was add this:

[SELECT_CASTE:MALE
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]

Below the material definitions, then I put another [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] directly underneath that.

Attempted that:

And now it's back to no beards appearing at all. Eh, messy code is messy.

But on another tangent, is it possible to reproduce the melting effect from last version, making it so that a creature melts upon exposure to rain?

And as for another thingamer I've been working on:

Now, the building is supposed to look something like this:

☼↑☼
↑ ↑
☼↑☼

But as anyone that can code buildings would be able to tell, it ends up looking like a mess of gubbins in-game. I'm bad@buildings, so if anyone that's knowledgeable has some tips for that, I'd be a happy camper.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 10:19:05 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: March 27, 2014, 10:49:04 pm »

Workshop Draw https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4et0187kz3vx1wj/11BQSrZejs this will help you out greatly (not my program, no credit here)
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 544