Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1041707 times)

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6975 on: January 11, 2014, 09:06:43 am »

I hope somebody can help me again. I am stuck with nobles. All but two of them do not appear in the ingame list, where i should be able to appoint them. I tried replacing [APPOINTED_BY:] with [ELECTED] with no result. May be someone could tell what can be the reason of that.

There are raw extracts, if they could help.
These two seem to work properly(appear ingame and perform their duties):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But others do not even appear in the list, though they only slightly different from the privious:

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: January 11, 2014, 11:22:20 am »

CREATURE_EXTRACT => this also covers milk and honey, and other possible non-poison things.
Ha, so it does. The spatter_add reactions use the same reaction class.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: January 11, 2014, 02:30:31 pm »

I haven't modded since 40d, but I had an idea for a new race and I wanted to know if it was possible. I read around and I think it should be possible.

I want to make a creature that spits a glob that on skin contact/injection(?) causes a syndrome that first causes nausea, then pain, then unconsciousness followed by a transformation into a husk type creature whose bite can cause the same syndrome with a lower chance of infection. Is this possible?
Yeah yeah yeah!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: January 11, 2014, 02:42:22 pm »

Yes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6979 on: January 11, 2014, 02:44:18 pm »

I haven't modded since 40d, but I had an idea for a new race and I wanted to know if it was possible. I read around and I think it should be possible.

I want to make a creature that spits a glob that on skin contact/injection(?) causes a syndrome that first causes nausea, then pain, then unconsciousness followed by a transformation into a husk type creature whose bite can cause the same syndrome with a lower chance of infection. Is this possible?
The short answer: Yes, that is possible.

You would need a special inorganic, a material-emission that spits this, dfhack with the ProjectileExpansion script by Putnam (to affect the target) (or use breath-attacks instead of globs, if you use gas to transmit the syndrome you dont need the script/dfhack), the custom creature, and thats about it. The bite you can do with: [SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:LIQUID:100:100] and adding the syndrome to the creature poison. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: January 11, 2014, 02:47:56 pm »

Or you could skip the extract with SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION...

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: January 11, 2014, 03:10:55 pm »

Thanks for the response!

I would just prefer a ranged attack that causes it, but isn't prone to spreading like necrotic forgotten beast goo. Although it would be rather !!FUN!! to lose a fort like that in one incident.
Yeah yeah yeah!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: January 11, 2014, 03:14:57 pm »

Gas doesn't congeal.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: January 11, 2014, 03:36:20 pm »

Gas doesn't congeal.

Thanks! Sorry, I have a lot of questions as it's hard for me to quite understand exactly how expansive the new interactions are from the raws and the wiki. And I don't wanna spend a hours working on something not even possible :P

One last one, what about an interaction that occurs on death, where the corpse drops something that resurrects it?
Yeah yeah yeah!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6984 on: January 11, 2014, 04:05:55 pm »

I think IndigoFenix has done something like that. A creature that resurrects itself, kinda. Its probably some kind of workaround.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: January 12, 2014, 03:54:46 pm »

I'm trying to create a creature that has a humanoid like body without a head. I'd like the mouth and eye to be attached to the upper body of it. I have it mostly working besides the fact that I can't get it to use the BITE attack. I'll try and include all of the relevant stuff. Maybe I'm missing something very obvious that someone can point out for me.

body_titan.txt:

For some reason the formatting is terrible for the body. I don't think that's where the problem lies anyway.

creature_titan.txt

If I enter the object testing arena I get this in the errorlog.txt file:
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_titan.txt"
TITAN:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: BODY_FANGS
TITAN:ONE:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
TITAN:TWO:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

Thanks for any tips.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: January 12, 2014, 03:57:05 pm »

You want it to be a CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER thing like the normal bite attack.

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: January 12, 2014, 04:23:55 pm »

You want it to be a CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER thing like the normal bite attack.

I tried changing it to the following but nothing changed in the error log and I still can't bite.

[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:UPPERBODY:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_FANGS]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6988 on: January 12, 2014, 04:40:48 pm »

[BODY:BODY_MOUTH]
   [BP:MOUTH:mouth:STP][[glow=red,2,300]CONTYPE[/glow]:UPPERBODY]

[BODY:BODY_FANGS]
   [BP:TOOTH:tooth:teeth][[glow=red,2,300]CON[/glow]:UPPERBODY]
Why is the one contype and the other just con ? I think the body_fangs are not correctly connected to mouth and upper body.

EDIT: Do vermin-gobbler eat live vermin, or remains? Can you use them to clean remains automatically from the map?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:11:31 am by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6989 on: January 13, 2014, 11:12:59 am »

New question:

To make civ-members use different colors for different castes, I thought all I had to do was:
[CASTE_COLOR:7:1:1] for each caste in the creature file.
[MINER:WARLOCK_CIV:0:4:ADD_COLOR:DEFAULT] for each profession in the graphics file.

Somehow the colors dont change when I transform creatures in between castes. Anything wrong with my line of thought?
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 544