Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042171 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6315 on: October 31, 2013, 09:51:06 am »

No, since they are procedually generated, you cant access their raws and add anything.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: October 31, 2013, 12:46:23 pm »

No, since they are procedually generated, you cant access their raws and add anything.

Not without the localization patcher, anyway. I once replaced the token "[FEATURE_BEAST]" with "[FEATURE_BEAST][ITEMCORPSE:ANVIL:NONE:INORGANIC:BRASS]" and it went through without errors. I didn't reach any titans in that world myself, but extracting the data with WorldTinkerer confirmed that it stuck and inserted itself correctly into the raw format.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6317 on: October 31, 2013, 06:18:44 pm »

Not without the localization patcher, anyway. I once replaced the token "[FEATURE_BEAST]" with "[FEATURE_BEAST][ITEMCORPSE:ANVIL:NONE:INORGANIC:BRASS]" and it went through without errors. I didn't reach any titans in that world myself, but extracting the data with WorldTinkerer confirmed that it stuck and inserted itself correctly into the raw format.
Thats sounds like it could work, but which localisation patcher do you mean? The one I use does not have any tags in it. "FEATURE_BEAST", or TITAN, or DEMON, they are not in the list.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: October 31, 2013, 06:25:09 pm »

It did last I checked.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: October 31, 2013, 08:22:36 pm »

Thats sounds like it could work, but which localisation patcher do you mean? The one I use does not have any tags in it. "FEATURE_BEAST", or TITAN, or DEMON, they are not in the list.

Ah, but the basic template.lng isn't the be-all-end-all of what you can change. Most of the stuff that was deemed irrrelevant for localization work has been culled from it. Use the string dump as your guide, as long as it is in the format "|old thing|new thing|" it should work. It's kind of astonishing how robust it is.

Two other examples about stuff that isn't there to begin with:

Code: [Select]
|[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:300:1000:TOUGHNESS:300:1000:START:0]|[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:120:300:TOUGHNESS:200:400:START:0]|
This nerfs the strength upgrade of vanilla zombies considerably. It applies to both animated stuff and biome thralls. Since you can spawn both in the arena, I can also 100% confirm that it works.

|[CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE:27:0]|[CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE:27:13]|
If I've understood interaction tokens right, this should extend the beastmode of randomly generated werecreatures by an extra two weeks. It's meant to help with the "I invaded the fort and oops I turned back into a peasant after throwing the first punch" problem.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:30:41 pm by scamtank »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #6320 on: November 02, 2013, 11:23:32 am »

I'm trying to make an executioner that can't be prevented from delivering punishment even if you're missing their designated weapon.  What are the limitations on EXECUTION_SKILL for the executioner position?

The wiki says it has to be a weapon skill, but can you use WRESTLING to make your executioner deliver bare-handed beatdowns?  Failing this, will MISC_WEAPON allow them to use any old thing they find lying around to deliver a punishment?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: November 02, 2013, 09:48:16 pm »

That would be perfect, I hadn't even thought about that, thanks!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: November 02, 2013, 10:06:51 pm »

If you're serious about screwing with the executable raws, be careful. Some of the tags are instituted in huge clumps for varying sets of things and so far I can see no way to alter the creature "recipes" in the code. The zombie stat thing I posted above always applies to both necro-animated stuff AND evil fog thralls, no exception. All titans and demons come standard with the long litany of NO_STUN/NO_EXERT/NO_anything resistances and so on.

You should also mind that changes to the embedded raws don't affect any worlds in progress. You need to generate a new one using the patched executable to see the effects.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: November 02, 2013, 10:10:53 pm »

Also note that... I believe if you change individual tokens without the brackets, the errorlog will have a fit and may not accept those tokens. It could get very, very messy. Tread lightly.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6324 on: November 03, 2013, 02:56:19 am »

Is there any way to prevent a particular caste from having children? Or is that on a creature level?

EDIT: ALso, while I'm at it, I'm having a hard time outputting creature materials like leather, meat, etc.

An example line:

[PRODUCT:70:10:CLOTH:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER] - In this case trying to get it to output spider silk
[PRODUCT:50:5:MEAT:NONE:CREATURE:PIG] - Pig Meat
[PRODUCT:50:5:PLANT:NONE:PLANT:POTATO] - Potatoes
[PRODUCT:30:5:FISH_RAW:NONE:CREATURE:FISH_TROUT_RAINBOW] - Unprepared rainbow trout
[PRODUCT:90:1:BAG:NONE:CREATURE:SPIDER][CONTAINS:saffron dye] - A bag made out of spider silk containing dye

And so on. I tried "BOX" for the bag with dye in it, but it made a "spider chest". The fish just outputs as "raw fish[5]". I tried CREATURE_MAT:etc PLANT_MAT:etc first, and while it had no error log entry, it didn't do anything either. Am I trying to do anything impossible here?

Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:06:31 am by Seriyu »

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: November 03, 2013, 05:58:56 am »

You can prevent a caste from breeding by removing the [MALE] or [FEMALE] tags. You can also try giving [LITTERSIZE:0:0] to the females of that caste, but I'm not sure whether that would work and in any case the males would still be able to marry and sire children regardless of what you do.

In your reaction products, the problem is that you are not specifying the specific creature materials to be used and in some cases you have written out the token in an incorrect manner. I have fixed your pig.

[PRODUCT:50:5:MEAT:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:PIG:MUSCLE]
For the plants, it is similar. For your potato, you want

[PRODUCT:50:5:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:POTATO:STRUCTURAL]
And so on. Look up the creature you want and ensure that they have the material you need and remember what it's called. The format of the tags in reactions is always the same, so all you need to worry about is the material ID. If it exists and is attached to a valid creature or plant, it should work fine.

You also can't produce bags containing things, to the best of my knowledge.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: November 03, 2013, 06:02:21 am »

Is there any way to prevent a particular caste from having children? Or is that on a creature level?
Best you can do is not giving the caste a gender.

EDIT: ALso, while I'm at it, I'm having a hard time outputting creature materials like leather, meat, etc.
Creature and plant materials use the format CREATURE_MAT:creature:material and PLANT_MAT:plant:material

[PRODUCT:70:10:CLOTH:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER:SILK]
[PRODUCT:90:1:BOX:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER:SILK] - CONTAINS is reagent only, unfortunately; if the container is a reagent, you can use the PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:container token

Raw fish works differently, and takes a creature and caste as the material according to the wiki. This may be bugged, from what I remember.
[PRODUCT:30:5:FISH_RAW:NONE:FISH_TROUT_RAINBOW:MALE]
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6327 on: November 03, 2013, 06:32:40 am »

You can prevent a caste from breeding by removing the [MALE] or [FEMALE] tags. You can also try giving [LITTERSIZE:0:0] to the females of that caste, but I'm not sure whether that would work and in any case the males would still be able to marry and sire children regardless of what you do.

In your reaction products, the problem is that you are not specifying the specific creature materials to be used and in some cases you have written out the token in an incorrect manner. I have fixed your pig.

For the plants, it is similar. For your potato, you want

And so on. Look up the creature you want and ensure that they have the material you need and remember what it's called. The format of the tags in reactions is always the same, so all you need to worry about is the material ID. If it exists and is attached to a valid creature or plant, it should work fine.

You also can't produce bags containing things, to the best of my knowledge.

Ahaaa, thank you. The labyrinth of tokens fools me again. I'll just have to think up a replacement for the bags.

Best you can do is not giving the caste a gender.

Creature and plant materials use the format CREATURE_MAT:creature:material and PLANT_MAT:plant:material

[PRODUCT:70:10:CLOTH:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER:SILK]
[PRODUCT:90:1:BOX:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER:SILK] - CONTAINS is reagent only, unfortunately; if the container is a reagent, you can use the PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:container token

Raw fish works differently, and takes a creature and caste as the material according to the wiki. This may be bugged, from what I remember.
[PRODUCT:30:5:FISH_RAW:NONE:FISH_TROUT_RAINBOW:MALE]

And thank you! Generic "raw fish" will have to work if fish is bugged.

Thanks again everyone!

EDIT: Op, one last question. I'm also trying to generate seeds via a reaction, and I tried

[PRODUCT:30:5:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:POTATO:SEED] for instance, and I just get normal plants that behave kind've wonky as far as stockpiles are concerned.

I also tried [PRODUCT:30:5:PLANT:NONE:POTATO:SEED] I believe, which just got me generic seeds. Is there a way to generate seeds through reactions?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:15:48 am by Seriyu »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: November 03, 2013, 07:23:24 am »

Seeds should be SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:POTATO:SEED.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

catvanbrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: November 03, 2013, 01:56:44 pm »

can someone make me a interaction example of blood rain
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 544