Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042517 times)

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3555 on: January 03, 2013, 09:55:43 pm »

How do I make these:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not use the previous products as reagents?

EDIT: But still come up as bone and not just stone.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: January 03, 2013, 09:59:22 pm »

I'm not sure if i'm misunderstanding your question or not, but it might be impossible, as bone material is bone material, no matter the form.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: January 03, 2013, 10:06:27 pm »

Well I don't really know much about this stuff but I assume it has something to do with GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT. And I do not know of an alternative to that.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Psycho Romeo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: January 03, 2013, 11:11:30 pm »

New to modding but I've read through the wiki articles on it. 

I want to make it such that meal reactions must use two (or more) solid items to create a meal instead of one.  I looked in the kitchen reactions and only found the tallow making one.  Can someone point me in the right direction? 

I would also like to know more about durability and wear.  I would like to make it such that clothes are destroyed once reaching the XClothingX stage, removing tattered clothing thoughts.  Is this possible and where do I start? 

I also want to know if it'd be possible to designate unowned xClothingx for refuse piles. 

Thanks. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3559 on: January 03, 2013, 11:48:40 pm »

Kitchen reactions for cooking are hardcoded and cant be changed.

You cant mod anything wear XxXsocksXxX related either, this is hardcoded as well. Dfhack allows some functions that target xXxsocksxXx if I am not mistaken.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Psycho Romeo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: January 04, 2013, 12:20:12 am »

I was afraid of this.  Does that mean there's no way to change these elements without changing the core game code?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3561 on: January 04, 2013, 12:35:29 am »

You can fix the clothing with dfhack. You could in theory mod every edible thing in the game, and then write your own custom kitchen reactions. That would work. Obviously that is a lot of work. But mods have done it, check the Underhive/Necromunda thread. They have their more difficult kitchen and still industry.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Psycho Romeo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: January 04, 2013, 01:02:07 am »

Thanks for the help.  I will check out both of those. 

Edit:
Unfortunately the Underhive mod is a little above my head and DFHack doesn't appear to deal with clothing the way I wanted, however the FPS fixes it does offer does help alleviate the problem. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:15:44 am by Psycho Romeo »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3563 on: January 04, 2013, 03:04:02 am »

I thought of this:
"cleanowned" to make unused XxsocksxX (and other xclothesx) lose their ownership and be able to dump them instead of litter your fortresses.

Underhive removes most edible stuff, and all drink-templates from naturally occuring plants, and then has custom reactions to combine several things, to create something edible/booze. Like I said, it is quite a task to circumnavigate the original kitchen and still reactions.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3564 on: January 04, 2013, 03:58:43 am »

Minor question, would this interaction, uhh, do anything?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wanted an interaction that would basically be a blunt attack from far away, like throwing a rock or something. However it would appear contact means "gently touch" rather then "punch in face". Whenever I use it in the arena it acts like nothing was done, doesn't even display a "You wave your fan" message, so I'm assuming it's that ineffective.

Thanks in advance.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: January 04, 2013, 05:48:41 am »

Well, here's a hint: the only place that the CONTACT interaction is used in-game is with cat greeting head-bumps.

koter

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Write Post: taken by mood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: January 04, 2013, 06:28:57 am »

Hi.
Is it possible to have a creature take up another creature's abilities without having to create a new caste for every possible combination? For example, a creature that, having killed and eaten a poisonous beast in an ecounter, would become poisonous itself.

PS. I would also appreaciate any help with monarchy transfer here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121272.0

Thanks a lot.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: January 04, 2013, 12:32:33 pm »

Hi.
Is it possible to have a creature take up another creature's abilities without having to create a new caste for every possible combination? For example, a creature that, having killed and eaten a poisonous beast in an ecounter, would become poisonous itself.
Not really, no. You might be able to do a little bit of work with interactions and adding/removing tokens (a list may be found here next to IT_REQUIRES) but because there are so few things that you can add/remove right now the majority of your changes will need to be through transformations.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3568 on: January 04, 2013, 01:49:26 pm »

Syndromes work with creature_class or syn_affected creature. Demons and Forgotten beasts and Titans, dont have creature classes. But I noticed that the graphics file for them do call upon an ID, for example FORGOTTEN_BEAST_0, FORGOTTEN_BEAST_1, FORGOTTEN_BEAST_2 and so on.

Can I target demons, titans and forgotten beasts by this ID for SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_0:DEFAULT ?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: January 04, 2013, 02:21:17 pm »

Yes. Problem is, worlds can have varying numbers of demons/forgotten beast types, with FB's having as many varieties as there are beasts. If you felt like it, though, after generating the world you could go into that save file's raws and add a tag for every FB. For demons, you could just limit the amount of species generated for them.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:23:17 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 544