Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042465 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3540 on: January 02, 2013, 05:01:21 pm »

I don't believe it is possible, no.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: January 03, 2013, 04:17:43 am »

I have a few questions:

1. I want to make a reaction that will turn bones into rough gems, or have bones by default be considered a rough gem

2. I want to make a reastion to turn skulls into a building material. Maybe 4 skulls for 1 "brick" of skulls?

Problem is the only modding I have done since 40d is deleting raws I dont like and adding a tag to the dwarf entity. I know I should have open:

entity_default with adding
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PREPARE_BONES]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PREPARE_SKULLS]
To the dwarf entity

And then add a new .txt called reaction_skullbones

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does someone want to fill in the blanks? I havent an idea on what to put down there.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: January 03, 2013, 04:29:05 am »

[REACTION:PREPARE_BONES]
   [NAME:prepare bones]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_P] Sets it to the craftsdwarves workshop with hotkey of "P"
   [REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] Sets reagent "A", which it wants 1 of, with type corpsepiece and no material specified. ANY_BONE_MATERIAL makes it so that bone is accepted.
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE] With 100% chance, gives you 1 rough gem made of (animal) bone.
   [SKILL:Whatever you want.

The skull one is impossible because skulls don't have their own material token, item token, or reagent modifier. You could jump through some hoops for it, though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3543 on: January 03, 2013, 04:30:50 am »

I use totems as buildmats, they are, for all gameplay mechanics, skulls. Simply because you can only make them from skulls...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: January 03, 2013, 05:27:59 am »

[REACTION:PREPARE_BONES]
   [NAME:prepare bones]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_P] Sets it to the craftsdwarves workshop with hotkey of "P"
   [REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] Sets reagent "A", which it wants 1 of, with type corpsepiece and no material specified. ANY_BONE_MATERIAL makes it so that bone is accepted.
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE] With 100% chance, gives you 1 rough gem made of (animal) bone.
   [SKILL:Whatever you want.

The skull one is impossible because skulls don't have their own material token, item token, or reagent modifier. You could jump through some hoops for it, though.

You are awesome!

So there are no uses for skulls? I dont need them to say they are skulls or anything. Now im confused.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: January 03, 2013, 07:21:10 am »

What would I add to a syndrome to make it affect everything?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: January 03, 2013, 08:47:48 am »

What would I add to a syndrome to make it affect everything?

Don't add the 'affected class' or 'affected creature' tags. This will make the game apply it to everything, without discrimination (immune tags still work, though)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: January 03, 2013, 09:20:45 am »

So, I'm wanting to create a nasty creature that can light its victims on fire... How can I manage this? I have a few ideas. The best would be if a syndrome could do it. This depends on whether fevers increase body temperature. If they do, I could cause a lot of !!FUN!!.

Secondly, I was thinking of it excreting a gas that ignites at room temperature. Almost as effective. Less controllable.

Thirdly, I could give it a ridiculously high body temperature and use custom materials so it doesn't kill itself immediately. Could this cause fires?

Finally, maybe I could give it claws of burning graphite (custom materials for other body parts). Igniting the graphite would be the only concern for me here... It would be a rather fearsome sight. Any ideas?
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: January 03, 2013, 02:46:07 pm »

So, I'm wanting to create a nasty creature that can light its victims on fire... How can I manage this? I have a few ideas. The best would be if a syndrome could do it. This depends on whether fevers increase body temperature. If they do, I could cause a lot of !!FUN!!.

Secondly, I was thinking of it excreting a gas that ignites at room temperature. Almost as effective. Less controllable.

Thirdly, I could give it a ridiculously high body temperature and use custom materials so it doesn't kill itself immediately. Could this cause fires?

Finally, maybe I could give it claws of burning graphite (custom materials for other body parts). Igniting the graphite would be the only concern for me here... It would be a rather fearsome sight. Any ideas?
1)Fevers don't increase body temperature as far as I know. The only way you could have a syndrome start fires would be to have it transform things temporarily into creatures that have #2,3, or 4.

2)This works.

3)This also works.

4)This would also work.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: January 03, 2013, 03:26:29 pm »

I once made an interaction with [IT_REQUIRES:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] and transformed the target into a blob with a body temperature higher than it's burning/melting point. Even wit 1 body part, they still die when they explode into vapor and evaporate. So, if you want fatal, I could dig up those raws.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: January 03, 2013, 05:15:42 pm »

So it basically explodes the victim? That would be great for another far more devastating beast!
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3551 on: January 03, 2013, 06:50:51 pm »

Can someone remind me what giving a controllable race the flight tag does? I know they'll prefer to walk along the ground, and still need a ground based path to their objective to not be "trapped", but will still occasionally fly over walls and stuff, was that it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3552 on: January 03, 2013, 06:53:33 pm »

HugoLuman, I would be interested in these raws as well. Would be perfect to be used in good biomes, to insta-kill undeads that enter. As a regional interaction.

And anyone knows something about max weight for bars? I get stuck at 1200 weight, but I would like them heavier, to clutter up workshops faster. Sounds stupid, but it is for a waste-system. I cant take anything else then bars, because it is attached to the vanilla smelter as well, and I cant mod the "smelt ore" reactions. Otherwise I would use custom tools with higher weight.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: January 03, 2013, 07:18:50 pm »

Here we are:

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:BURN_EVIL]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
IT_REQUIRES:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
[CE:CREATURE:FIRE_VICTIM_CREATURE:DEFAULT]

Code: [Select]
creature_reaction_custom

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:FIRE_VICTIM_CREATURE]
[DESCRIPTION:The remains of a smitten evildoer]
[NAME:dying slag:dying slag:dying slag]
[CASTE_NAME:dying slag:dying slag:dying slag]
[CREATURE_TILE:'!'][COLOR:RED]
[BODY:BASIC_1PARTBODY_THOUGHT]
[MATERIAL:KINDLING]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:RED]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:kindling]
[IGNITE_POINT:10000]
[BOILING_POINT:10000]
[HEATDAM_POINT:10000]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10000]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:exploding gore]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:exploding gore]
[TISSUE:KINDLING]
[TISSUE_NAME:kindling:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:KINDLING]
[TISSUE_MAT_STATE:SOLID]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:KINDLING]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:70000]
[ITEMCORPSE:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:ASH:NO_MATGLOSS]
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3554 on: January 03, 2013, 07:23:24 pm »

Thank you. :)

Now I only need to figure out how to affect undeads with syndromes as well. I cant seem to find a syndrome_class for them. Interactions are ok, with IT_REQUIRES, but can I make a syndrome that only works on animated/opposed to life creatures ? Any tags I am overlooking ?

EDIT: Just wanted to let you know, the opposed to life is commented out in the raws you postet. The [] are missing.

EDIT2: Found a solution, I use ce_can_do_interaction to give them the interaction that only targets undeads. Workaround, but works.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:26:31 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 544