Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043087 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3000 on: October 28, 2012, 08:33:11 pm »

...you really should have mentioned the MAT_FIXED_TEMP thing, you know. That's kind of important. Obviously it would instantly boil if it had a magical fixed-temperature-that-it-will-never-deviate-from that is higher than its boiling point.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: October 28, 2012, 08:37:00 pm »

...you really should have mentioned the MAT_FIXED_TEMP thing, you know. That's kind of important. Obviously it would instantly boil if it had a magical fixed-temperature-that-it-will-never-deviate-from that is higher than its boiling point.

You know what happens. We forget things. Dwarves explode. We move on.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: October 28, 2012, 08:41:26 pm »

Yet another stupid question, is there any way to make a plant have EVERY biome besides underground without typing EVERY biome token?
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: October 28, 2012, 08:47:23 pm »

Yet another stupid question, is there any way to make a plant have EVERY biome besides underground without typing EVERY biome token?

ALL_MAIN

(Note that I'm always posting the links to the wiki because I seriously spend about 30% of my time modding there)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: October 28, 2012, 10:29:14 pm »

You can use mechanisms in reactions; they're called TRAPPARTS

...well that's an odd and incredibly unlikely place for me to look for that token. I never even thought of checking there. Herp de derp.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: October 28, 2012, 10:39:11 pm »

You can use mechanisms in reactions; they're called TRAPPARTS

...well that's an odd and incredibly unlikely place for me to look for that token. I never even thought of checking there. Herp de derp.

...That's the opposite of odd, that's the first place you should have looked. That is the one that has all the item tokens that are, you know, used in reactions. <_<

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: October 28, 2012, 10:45:36 pm »

...That's the opposite of odd, that's the first place you should have looked. That is the one that has all the item tokens that are, you know, used in reactions. <_<

(I think he was using sarcasm. Thus the "herp derp.")

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: October 28, 2012, 10:47:28 pm »

(sarcasm is hard on the internet :P)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: October 29, 2012, 05:23:03 am »

Asking to make sure: the phrases "a tendon has been torn" and "many nerves have been severed" (among others) are hard-coded, correct? They're not by chance stuck in the bottom of some forgotten text file in a side folder somewhere?
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: October 29, 2012, 12:34:52 pm »

Asking to make sure: the phrases "a tendon has been torn" and "many nerves have been severed" (among others) are hard-coded, correct?
IIRC, yes, they are hardcoded. If your creatures have tendons and nerves, then you can get these messages.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: October 29, 2012, 04:49:20 pm »

So despite my correcting the mechanism reagent the reaction still doesn't require the reagents to take place. The dorfs do need fuel to produce the weapons, so it's not a complete failure. Also, the workshop is still built without any need of materials.

I think I'm gonna take a break for a couple days on this mod. Constantly regenning worlds only to find the reaction still isn't working is burning out my enthusiasm. One last question before I take a break...

I've noticed on the manager screen currently the only designation is to "construct chainsword" with no material modifiers, such as "forge iron short sword" or "forge steel short sword." This probably is due to using reactions rather than simply forging them straight from bars, right?

So if I wanted to be able to designate items to be crafted with specific materials like in vanilla DF, will I have to make multiple reactions for each metal type?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:51:04 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: October 29, 2012, 04:54:24 pm »

I've noticed on the manager screen currently the only designation is to "construct chainsword" with no material modifiers, such as "forge iron short sword" or "forge steel short sword." This probably is due to using reactions rather than simply forging them straight from bars, right?

Right. And like I said, this will mean that you will get a random bar instead of a certain bar with your current reaction, and that you might want to make several reactions for different metals.

[REAGENT:metal bar:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC]

Actually, that is wrong. It should be [REAGENT:metal bar:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]

The INORGANIC is breaking it. Along with all your other reactions. You have to remove them and replace them with NONE:NONE.

[REAGENT:metal bar:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:STEEL]

Ironically(?), that will probably work. As long as you remove all the inorganic from the rest of it.

And by the way, it takes second to create a new world. What parameters have you been using?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:08:30 pm by Stirk »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: October 29, 2012, 06:08:23 pm »

You don't need to regen to change interactions and buildings, you know, only to add new ones.

Also, you need a NONE after INORGANIC if you only want INORGANIC mats.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: October 29, 2012, 06:46:45 pm »

I was wondering and thought I would ask before I tried it. If you give a pet a healing reaction to allow it to regenerate limbs, will it still be a pet afterwords? Or will it become a hostile version?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: October 29, 2012, 08:01:45 pm »

I was wondering and thought I would ask before I tried it. If you give a pet a healing reaction to allow it to regenerate limbs, will it still be a pet afterwords? Or will it become a hostile version?

Unless you transform it into something innately opposed to life or crazed, it will still be a pet.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 544