Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042667 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2325 on: August 04, 2012, 01:52:03 pm »

You need castes.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: August 04, 2012, 02:51:32 pm »

How so? Caste specifications for immune creatures? The following doesn't work:

EDIT: This will work in that it causes the AI not to target Deep Ones, but if I control one in arena mode and cast the interaction manually, it always affects me. How can I fix that?
Code: [Select]
[IT_IMMUNE_CREATURE:DKP_DEEP_ONE:ALL]
There are already multiple castes of the creature:
DO_HYBRID
DO_STD
DO_CULTIST
DO_CLERIC
DO_PRIEST -- this is the one that casts the interaction
DO_GOD

With relation to my first question, I'd like the curse to turn creatures into a Deep One hybrid, then later, if the first syndrome was activated, into a standard Deep One (DO_STD). For the second question, all these need to be exempt from the curse.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:57:16 pm by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: August 04, 2012, 05:40:44 pm »

I seem to remember something about AI interactions with the usage hint "attack" ignoring all self targeting. It's why you need to make a ricochet interaction for creatures that transform before they go into battle.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: August 04, 2012, 06:16:28 pm »

So it would appear that the curse still works on them, but the AI just doesn't do it. is there any way to simply make the deep ones untargetable by that interaction, so adventurers don't unwittingly change themselves?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Greenflash

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: August 04, 2012, 10:49:19 pm »

Im having this problem where my custom gnomish civilization doesn't seem to spawn when the world is created. here is the code.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: August 04, 2012, 11:03:44 pm »

I am no expert, but until a real response comes...  Download a civ(orcs, chaos, penguins, wgas) abd compare that civ/creature raw to yours.  Are they living in the right place?  has the correct intellect tags?  can reproduce?  does errlog say anything?  If you must use their raw as a base and swap your data...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greenflash

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: August 05, 2012, 01:41:02 am »

okay so i edited my civilization based on some other civilization but it still won't actually spawn when a world is generated. The Code is now,

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: August 05, 2012, 07:48:27 am »

Try copy+pasting the entire human entity and editing it to fit your purposes. For one, your civ doesn't have nobles of any kind.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #2333 on: August 05, 2012, 12:00:03 pm »

okay so i edited my civilization based on some other civilization but it still won't actually spawn when a world is generated. The Code is now,
You're missing:
And try changing the start biome to ANY_GRASSLAND, see if they spawn then. And you may want to alter your start group settings...you may get worlds flooded with this entity....
It happened to me with Satyrs, first they weren't spawning, now my worlds are almost spammed with them. Oh, and yeah, add pissy snobs nobles. Oh, and you might wanna change your currency after you get the entity working. If/when the economy kicks in, your gnomes will be VERY slow carrying around a thousand lead coins. But it's your entity, so do what you wish :P

Also, another issue MIGHT be the mountain gnomes creature files, not sure if their biome(mountain?) conflicts with the preferred biome in the entity. It could be trying to find a grassland on a mountain. But I'm not sure about that one.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:04:38 pm by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: August 05, 2012, 12:45:49 pm »

Quick question.  I added tooth bite and mouth bite to my creature I made, the one in the avatar.  He is a ball, slow, flies, and strong.  I want a good alternative to the verb bites.  could be up to a small phrase, but I want to make sure to imply he is trying to hurt you with his mouth and he may or may not be latching on.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: August 05, 2012, 05:51:04 pm »

chomp?

Greenflash

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: August 05, 2012, 08:10:24 pm »

Okay i have fixed up my civilization again and added nobles and permitted buildings and interactions but the civilization still won't swap on world creation. The code is now

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: August 05, 2012, 11:08:50 pm »

You still don't have all of the ethics...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: August 06, 2012, 12:25:38 am »

Does game consider handling or wearing item as a "contact"? I want to add hurting syndrome to weapon and healing/enhancement to armor. Will it work if I make "poisoned iron" metal with injected syndrome, and "blessed iron" with contact syndrome?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: August 06, 2012, 12:28:44 am »

Does game consider handling or wearing item as a "contact"? I want to add hurting syndrome to weapon and healing/enhancement to armor. Will it work if I make "poisoned iron" metal with injected syndrome, and "blessed iron" with contact syndrome?
Sadly, no. "Contact" only occurs with contaminants, so it doesn't work that way. You can create a metal that boils when stuck in and give an inhaled syndrome to that, or you could make it out of a special weapon and then have that weapon be super-effective against everything, but you can't add a syndrome to it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 544