Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042726 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2295 on: July 27, 2012, 04:44:28 pm »

I believe it will wipe the item quality, yes. Other then that the resulting axe should be identical.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: July 27, 2012, 04:53:49 pm »

I believe it will wipe the item quality, yes. Other then that the resulting axe should be identical.

Hm, I would like the item to stay the same though, especially since some of my reaction use actual equipment (like shields) instead of training weapons. I considered an alternate reaction in the likes of this one,

Code: [Select]
[NAME:practice axe combat]
[BUILDING:TRAINING_SET:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:training weapon:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_TRAINING:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:0:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:PLACEHOLDER]
[SKILL:AXE]

where you can leave out the product tag - but to my knowledge, you need to have created a product to increase skill. (or has that changed recently?)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: July 27, 2012, 04:58:26 pm »

I'm not sure about the required product in order to raise a skill, but what you could do is make a boulder that boils at slightly below room temperature called "sweat" or something like that as the product. Then when your dwarves performed the reaction you would have a "cloud of boiling sweat" emerging from the workshop area. Also IIRC low densities for the stone make it boil/spread out faster (at least they did in DF2010), so an extremely low one would make it disperse relatively quickly after the dwarf performed the reaction.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: July 28, 2012, 12:17:16 am »

Entities have three Siege related progress triggers

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:0]

Anyone know, What happens if one is left out?  Does it default to "0" behavior which according to the Wiki means that trigger is just neglected?  Or does it default to "1" behavior meaning they attack very early?  (or something else entirely)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: July 28, 2012, 01:12:37 pm »

Entities have three Siege related progress triggers

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:5]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:0]

Anyone know, What happens if one is left out?  Does it default to "0" behavior which according to the Wiki means that trigger is just neglected?  Or does it default to "1" behavior meaning they attack very early?  (or something else entirely)
I believe that it defaults to 0 if left out, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2300 on: July 28, 2012, 02:14:30 pm »

I would like to make a caste that is unable to equip shields/weapons. Armor should be finde, but nothing aggresive. Is that possible ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: July 28, 2012, 02:35:58 pm »

Not unless you give it no graspers.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2302 on: July 28, 2012, 02:46:43 pm »

So I would have to define the bodyparts inside the different castes, and give this caste no hands ? This was my first thought, but I hoped for something better... I remember a tag about EQUIPS or something similar.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: July 28, 2012, 02:50:44 pm »

[EQUIPS] also prevents the equipping of weapons and, I believe, armor.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2304 on: July 28, 2012, 02:57:27 pm »

Wiki says: EQUIPS: Caste: Allows the creature to wear or wield items.

So I make a custom body for the caste, with hands, but hands without grasp token. hope that works

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2305 on: July 28, 2012, 03:08:47 pm »

Wiki says: EQUIPS: Caste: Allows the creature to wear or wield items.

So I make a custom body for the caste, with hands, but hands without grasp token. hope that works
Hope this is not a playable caste, or else you will be spammed with

Cancel Job too injuried
because the lack of GRASP parts to acaully hold anything.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2306 on: July 28, 2012, 03:33:57 pm »

Well, it is. But why would he be injured ? Only other solution I see is making the caste very, very small, but then of course thats just stupid ^^

Alanbato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: July 28, 2012, 03:41:17 pm »

How can you chance a certain material into another one, using DFHack console? Let's say I want to turn casserite into bituminus coal or something... Or should I turn an entire useless stone layer into bituminous coal instead?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: July 28, 2012, 03:42:03 pm »

Well, it is. But why would he be injured ? Only other solution I see is making the caste very, very small, but then of course thats just stupid ^^

It says too injured if they don't have a grasp part, regardless of whether the creature is actually injured or not.

How can you chance a certain material into another one, using DFHack console? Let's say I want to turn casserite into bituminus coal or something... Or should I turn an entire useless stone layer into bituminous coal instead?

You may want to ask this in the DFHack topic.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2309 on: July 28, 2012, 03:50:40 pm »

Ahh.... ok. The limitations of modding.

I will just give them skill_learn rate 0 for all weapons... if I dont assign a melee weapon in the uniform they should be good.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 544