Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043200 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1965 on: June 23, 2012, 03:01:05 pm »

[POPULATION_NUMBER:1:1] will make it so that there's only one per square of each region. Closest you'll get to making it unique.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: June 23, 2012, 03:02:34 pm »

Yeah, I think the closest I could come to a "unique" creature would actually be a position in an entity. There would only ever be one at a time, but if one died they would be replaced. I'm sure I could make that work for a couple different mythological creatures. But was kind of hoping that I could get true unique creatures.

NotErich

• Bay Watcher
  • The Judge of Paradise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: June 23, 2012, 06:32:26 pm »

Hello again, regulars of this thread. I have been doing well at figuring things out for myself, but I finally have something worth asking here, again.

I currently have need for a secondary, artificial way to make dye. I have to problems with this: one, I am aware the lye already default in the game is able to be stored in barrels, but doing so prevents it from being used in the soap reaction. Why is this, and how may I get around this with my lye? Is it out of the question to have it stored in barrels and be used in reactions like soap-making?

Additionally, this lye is going to be a solid, and I am unsure how to make solids able to be stored in barrels. What do I need to put in the reagents using it, and the product producing it?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1968 on: June 23, 2012, 08:08:25 pm »

[REAGENT:lye:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:LYE]
   [REAGENT:lye container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:lye]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]

^^^ From vanilla "reaction_other" for soap making, It already grabs lye from anything holding it.

also do you mean "Dye" or "Lye" and why would you want solid "Lye"?

also for placing things in a container of any sort
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:<reagent id>] this right after the product.

NotErich

• Bay Watcher
  • The Judge of Paradise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: June 23, 2012, 08:51:05 pm »

I do indeed mean lye, but the only real reason I want solid lye, is because that's generally what the synthetic replacement in real life is found in. It isn't largely important, but I generally try and get as close as I can to reality.

Is where lye is actually defined in the in the raws? In the end, I need to write another entry for the material, as it will have slight differences.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: June 23, 2012, 08:53:46 pm »

LYE is hardcoded and believe it is solid only in very cold temps. You can store it in a barrel/container that is made from a material that is cold FIXED_TEMP that it freezes solid inside. Altho Would it go from LIQUID_MISC to GLOB? or how does that work?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: June 23, 2012, 09:01:27 pm »

does anyone know where I can find the mechanics for wear in clothing? I'd like to remove wear in adamantine clothes, if this is at all possible.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: June 23, 2012, 09:11:10 pm »

People have been saying
Armor level = 1
Others say it is the SOFT tag

But personally, SOFT was for older versions and I think only controls if the clothes can be made from CLOTH or THREAD like materials
LEATHER well leather, and HARD for hard materials? Materials with ITEMS_HARD i guess.

ARMORLEVEL:1 will stop wear, but at teh cost of it counting as ARMOR so naked embarks are a go. And civvies must be told to wear them (I think some have said this, others say embark team is naked but will wear clothes that are made, and migrants come clothed?)

Cue Putnam.

This is a touchy subject.

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: June 24, 2012, 09:46:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This will cover all I need to for grass?
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: June 24, 2012, 09:57:30 pm »

Yes

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1975 on: June 25, 2012, 01:40:16 am »

Also if you don't define any grass for an area that's supposed to have it (non-desert land, underground water areas, etc), the game will fill it in with a generic green grass called 'Grass'.  Whether you want it to or not.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: June 25, 2012, 08:42:18 am »

People have been saying
Armor level = 1
Others say it is the SOFT tag

But personally, SOFT was for older versions and I think only controls if the clothes can be made from CLOTH or THREAD like materials
LEATHER well leather, and HARD for hard materials? Materials with ITEMS_HARD i guess.

ARMORLEVEL:1 will stop wear, but at teh cost of it counting as ARMOR so naked embarks are a go. And civvies must be told to wear them (I think some have said this, others say embark team is naked but will wear clothes that are made, and migrants come clothed?)

Cue Putnam.

This is a touchy subject.

Toady actually said that chainmail is xounted as clothing now, which has armorlevel. The change made it from LAYER:ARMOR into LAYER:OVER. I guess it is that makes it into clothes now and reduce negative thoughts - that it is not ARMOR layer. Need to try to take out all shirts and robes and see if dwarfes start wearing chainmails:)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: June 25, 2012, 12:30:14 pm »

acaully I believe LAYER:xxxx
is just how the AI will wear it

SOCKS are under
BOOTS are over
so when your foot is attacked teh BOOT will take the blunt of it all, and any eccess will be absorbed by the Sock

So for stacking *I Think* layers go as this:

Top or very outer is first:
COVER = Cloaks and Capes
ARMOR = Breastplates, Leather Armor
OVER
UNDER

so LAYER doesn't make it ARMOR persay, just how the AI layers it when putting things on.

ARMORLEVEL 0 makes it clothes and greater as ARMOR 40d used this for squads, which I think 1 was leather 2 was chain and 3 was plate? It's been too long so I'm most likely wrong on this history lesson.

Quote from: Toady's Release Notes and File Changes for 34.11
   (*) Made dwarves equip items based on clothing layering order (there can still be conflicts if some items are already worn)
   (*) Made dwarves eat from backpacks/drink from waterskins earlier
   (*) Made armor objects count for missing clothing thoughts

file change

Auxiliary file changes for 0.34.11:

armor items
      mail shirt layering moved from ARMOR to OVER
Unless I didn't get the memo (which is probally the case, I rarely visit the Future of the Game thread) but nowhere in there does it state OVER now makes a item CLOTHING

It is 1 of 2 and I'm not sure what

[SOFT]
[ARMORLEVEL:0]

I can try and pin what causes Rot with some science and Putnam is probally right, since SOFT is made from cloth and well SOFT materials so maybe just leaving [HARD] will stop it. Altho I've seen LEATHER clothing items decay, but LEATHER armor not.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: June 25, 2012, 02:17:58 pm »

Question (sorry for double post)

does [PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:WATER:NONE] make water count as booze or is it
   [ALCOHOL_PLANT]
   [ALCOHOL_CREATURE]

that make the material a "booze" item, I found a way finally to make water drinkable in the above product line. But I want this to be last resort, cut off from all booze but water is needed baddly situation. And I don't want it to be a BOOZE subsitute for dwarves. Aka they still want booze, not barreled water.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: June 26, 2012, 03:13:37 am »

Ok i think chainmail layer change was so that dwarfes finally wear it beneath breastplate:) Then you can use armor items and they should count as clothing. The only problem is your embark dwarfes will be naked without clothes. But if you but some armor for them at embark they should put it on and be satisfied with this.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 544