Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043874 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1470 on: May 11, 2012, 08:46:25 pm »

I think i might have figured out how to have a race be mono-gender and still be able to have children. i'll be checking this extensively for the next couple of hours. and ill have a verdict out after my tests

EDIT: After much testing, I have given up. I just can't figure out how to make it work -sigh- I shall now use my resources on making things explode...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:26:29 pm by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: May 11, 2012, 09:31:18 pm »

I think i might have figured out how to have a race be mono-gender and still be able to have children. i'll be checking this extensively for the next couple of hours. and ill have a verdict out after my tests
A potential work might exist through interactions. For example if you wanted an all female species then you could have them have two identical castes, one female and one male. Then give the male caste an interaction that instantly turns them into the female caste on sight. Then in any interactions with them you would only meet female ones, but they would still be able to breed and survive in world generation.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

NotErich

• Bay Watcher
  • The Judge of Paradise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: May 11, 2012, 11:19:02 pm »

2. Not sure what you mean by "material_name" what example are you looking at?

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:<material_name>:<template_name>]

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1473 on: May 11, 2012, 11:23:53 pm »

Oh

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:<material_name>:<template_name>]

is just the custom name/ID you use. like:

[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:<material_name>:<state>]

so if you used
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]

it would be
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:CLAW:LIQUID]

just think of it as trying to define a whole new material within the creature
[MATERIAL:<material_name>]

Also it should say <custom_material_id> not <material_name> very misleading

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: May 12, 2012, 08:35:00 am »

Is there a way to make only a specific caste became a monarch of a civ?
Like, if i have red, green, blue and black dwarves, i want to make it so, that only the red caste dwarf can become a leader of civilisation.
I found that noble positions can be limited by gender, but is this also possible?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: May 12, 2012, 09:00:40 am »

Like, if i have red, green, blue and black dwarves, i want to make it so, that only the red caste dwarf can become a leader of civilisation.
I found that noble positions can be limited by gender, but is this also possible?
It WAS possible, but as far as I know it doesn't work right now.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: May 12, 2012, 09:05:05 am »

Couldn't you add [ALLOWED_CLASS:x] to the position and [CREATURE_CLASS:x] to the caste?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1477 on: May 12, 2012, 09:54:20 am »

Couldn't you add [ALLOWED_CLASS:x] to the position and [CREATURE_CLASS:x] to the caste?
Works for Fortress Mode, but Worldgen still takes any aviable creature to fit the slot.
SO say only CREATURE_CLASS:DOCTOR can be a chied medic. SO in fortress mode only a creature/caste that is DOCTOR can be appointed there. But Worldgen doesn't care

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: May 12, 2012, 10:03:32 am »

Well, damn, i wanted it mostly for the worldgen purposes....

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: May 12, 2012, 10:10:12 am »

While modding I accidentally over looked what it was I was modifying and made humans a female dominated race... I am now intrigued at what this will do to a new genned world
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: May 12, 2012, 10:15:33 am »

While modding I accidentally over looked what it was I was modifying and made humans a female dominated race... I am now intrigued at what this will do to a new genned world
Congratulations, you just made the Amazons. Do they find slavery acceptable?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: May 12, 2012, 11:49:02 am »

Congratulations, you just made the Amazons. Do they find slavery acceptable?

Yup. they find slavery acceptable. I have now renamed my humans into amazonians.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: May 12, 2012, 01:11:47 pm »

Works for Fortress Mode, but Worldgen still takes any aviable creature to fit the slot.
SO say only CREATURE_CLASS:DOCTOR can be a chied medic. SO in fortress mode only a creature/caste that is DOCTOR can be appointed there. But Worldgen doesn't care

Wrong; this was fixed in 34.01

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: May 12, 2012, 03:07:52 pm »

Just tested it, and it works, so leader caste is now possible :)
Though i found another issue with this: My custom race have 3 castes (male and female version for each, so 6 in total), basically worker, soldier and ruler, all getting better stats than the one before, as well as being more rare. During the test, as well as while playing before i noticed that my civ members prefer to mate with members of the same caste as themselves. I am not sure if this is just coincidence or not, but result is, due the rarity of the ruler caste (and maybe as well as monarch position being further limited to males only), they rarely marry and have children, even when theirs lifespan is not limited by age (just rulers, lesser castes live around 30-80 years).
Although, now that i think about it, even if they would marry and have children and even though they got increased birth rate, odds of suitable heir being born are roughly 1 from 60 kids, thus, chance for prevalent ruling dynasty is very small.
Seems like i trapped myself with too many requirements....

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: May 12, 2012, 03:08:50 pm »

ok only dwarf error left is this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but I have tissue_template_fireimmune there any idea?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 544