Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043158 times)

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #795 on: March 03, 2012, 10:48:46 pm »

A completely random curiosity, is it possible to set up a layer material to form with empty pockets? Hypothetically like say I wanted quartzite to have little mini caves inside of it, is that feasible?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 03, 2012, 11:15:13 pm »

Regarding my problem: Porting from 0.34.2 to 0.34.4 seemed to fix the problem with the speed (guess it was related to the vampire speed bugfix!), and the issue with the superhuman attributes is that the attribute ranges are all set so they don't vary at all, since this is meant to be a sort of singleton creature definition for use in adventure mode or just screwing around (so no variation necessary), so any stat increase through combat brings it up past all normal limits. I'll have to either add natural variation to a significant degree, or prevent them gaining stats at all, either of which is plausible.

A completely random curiosity, is it possible to set up a layer material to form with empty pockets? Hypothetically like say I wanted quartzite to have little mini caves inside of it, is that feasible?

Nope. You could make a mineral that evaporates at lower than room temperature and have that exist inside quartize in small clusters, but I'm not sure that melting/boiling points and such are actually handled for natural stone formations.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:18:22 pm by G-Flex »
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 04, 2012, 12:11:40 am »

You could make a mineral that evaporates at lower than room temperature and have that exist inside quartize in small clusters, but I'm not sure that melting/boiling points and such are actually handled for natural stone formations.

They are not, unfortunately.  If you did that, the only thing that would happen would be that the rocks would melt/evaporate the moment you mined them out.  That's how the coal-dust mod works, I believe.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 04, 2012, 12:16:31 am »

Bah, there goes my hopes of cavern-like structures without actually being in the caverns layer. Oh well, thank you all :).

Sanguine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 04, 2012, 12:56:57 am »

What's the best way to find out if a custom creature is spawning?
Once liquids are implemented properly, you could set up a mandatory test involving potential military dwarves swim through a sea of blood on their way through the testing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #800 on: March 04, 2012, 01:03:45 am »

Gen a world and export the world data. You get a txt file with all creatures and a number showing how many life in that world.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sanguine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 04, 2012, 01:09:41 am »

That is a hell of a lot easier than starting a billion fortresses...  ::)
Once liquids are implemented properly, you could set up a mandatory test involving potential military dwarves swim through a sea of blood on their way through the testing.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 04, 2012, 06:05:35 am »

Anyone know what folder giants are listed under?
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 04, 2012, 06:21:07 am »

They're in creature_standard.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 04, 2012, 07:32:56 am »

Sorry For another question but haw could i make a creature survive without a head?

EDIT, Ive made a new race but it wont show up on the map :-\ Its a Human the can breath fire and has no blood but it wont spawn.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:54:53 am by Fishybang »
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #805 on: March 04, 2012, 08:06:00 am »

I've been trying EVERYTHING. And I still can't get the interactions to work, I tried to test em in arena mode but none of them appears in the acquired power list !
What could I have done wrong here ?

The error log is empty tho.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 04, 2012, 09:49:35 am »

I've been trying EVERYTHING. And I still can't get the interactions to work, I tried to test em in arena mode but none of them appears in the acquired power list !
What could I have done wrong here ?

The error log is empty tho.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All of those interactions are material emissions and need [CDI:INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION] within each interaction.

EDIT, Ive made a new race but it wont show up on the map :-\ Its a Human the can breath fire and has no blood but it wont spawn.
It's easier to help if we've got RAWs, and what exactly do you mean show up? Are they supposed to show as wild animals or show up as a civilization.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #807 on: March 04, 2012, 09:54:27 am »

Oh dear, may Armok have mercy on your soul, thanks you Ark.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 04, 2012, 11:10:18 am »

So, a bit back I modded the hammerer position to use swords instead of hammers, and I've got a vamp to test it on. However, my executioner canceled the execution due to not having the proper weapon, even though he had a sword on hand. Any clues why?(He's also my militia commander, if that helps)

Here's the raw:
Code: [Select]
[POSITION:EXECUTIONER]
[NAME:executioner:executioners]
[SITE]
[NUMBER:1]
[RESPONSIBILITY:EXECUTIONS]
[EXECUTION_SKILL:SWORD]
[APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
[APPOINTED_BY:MAYOR]
[PRECEDENCE:150]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[COLOR:0:0:1]
[DUTY_BOUND]
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 04, 2012, 01:54:31 pm »

(He's also my militia commander, if that helps)
It was combat sword not execution one. (uniforms conflict)
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 544