Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043270 times)

UnkemptArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #525 on: February 24, 2012, 12:49:36 pm »

Cant you make the plant naturally occuring, in all biomes, BUT give them a frequency of 0 ? This way framplots should detect them, but they dont actually grow in the wild.

I'll try that, but it may have the downside of making them available to other civilizations, which I'd like to avoid. I'll post back here after I've tried.

Ya, that did it, but the humans and elves had it too. Blech. I'll see if I can find some way to restrict it from them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #526 on: February 24, 2012, 12:54:30 pm »

I have an (untested) idea, but I am fairly certain that it will work.

If you want your transformed pets to do labor, make a new entity file that uses these creatures. Give them the permitted labors you want them to do (lets say: lobotomized slave, can only do hauling)

Make sure the civ does not show up in the world, you can do this by not giving them a starting biome/site.

Once transformed they should have access to the selected labors, and only those.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 24, 2012, 12:58:25 pm »

quick question, as i have not tried fortress mode in the new update:

does the sheriff/ captain of the guard handle justice for vampires, or has the hammerer been re-added?
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 24, 2012, 12:59:02 pm »

If you want your transformed pets to do labor, make a new entity file that uses these creatures. Give them the permitted labors you want them to do (lets say: lobotomized slave, can only do hauling)

Make sure the civ does not show up in the world, you can do this by not giving them a starting biome/site.

Once transformed they should have access to the selected labors, and only those.

I take it this would only work for creatures transformed using a reaction or possibly an interaction then?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 24, 2012, 01:00:49 pm »

This is probably going to sound really dumb, but I have a question.

Is there a way to take a plant, press the oil out of it (I know how to do that part,) and then use the refuse to collect more seeds from? I haven't done any digging at all with new reactions, and I wasn't terribly good at it to begin with.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 24, 2012, 01:01:41 pm »

Let me know if this works, please.  ;)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 24, 2012, 01:09:05 pm »

Let me know if this works, please.  ;)

Relevant to my interests.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #532 on: February 24, 2012, 01:25:11 pm »

Tested on dogs. Made an entity file, restricted some jobs, turned dogs into dogs_labor. The transformation adds the can_peak and can_learn tag as well.

Resulst: A dog that can perform labors. All labors. Sry, did not work, I had hoped to restrict labor by it, but it seems that the dog that is friendly to you uses the same profession list as the dwarven civ, since it is a pet owned by you.

Maybe it will work on a bought pets from other civs, but I dont know if bought pets join civs or not.

Still Slaves do work. Buy pets (lobotomized thrall/soulless trent and make a reaction that transforms, add brain/add soul or something. I guess the best way to do labor-restriction is with skill_learn_rates and natural_skills in the creature file itself.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 01:27:17 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 24, 2012, 01:27:01 pm »

It is time for Dwarven Automatons!?  :o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #534 on: February 24, 2012, 01:32:18 pm »

Tested on dogs. Made an entity file, restricted some jobs, turned dogs into dogs_labor. The transformation adds the can_peak and can_learn tag as well.

Resulst: A dog that can perform labors. All labors. Sry, did not work, I had hoped to restrict labor by it, but it seems that the dog that is friendly to you uses the same profession list as the dwarven civ, since it is a pet owned by you.

Maybe it will work on a bought pets from other civs, but I dont know if bought pets join civs or not.

Still Slaves do work. Buy pets (lobotomized thrall/soulless trent and make a reaction that transforms, add brain/add soul or something. I guess the best way to do labor-restriction is with skill_learn_rates and natural_skills in the creature file itself.

Wait, pets can do work !!IF!! the transformed pet creature is a part of a civ (private slave entity)

Can you assign them to military? Can you sent me (or post here) the raws of the dog_labor? and maybe the entity?

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 24, 2012, 01:32:33 pm »

my last question was answered...

new one

for a noble with the execution responsibility, changing skill to "AXE" should work, right?
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #536 on: February 24, 2012, 01:53:03 pm »

Calm down hugo ^^

Here is the part of the dog that I changed, the rest is a carbon-copy:
Creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reaction:

Inorganic:

Entity file is useless, so I wont post it. It doesnt change anything.

Here are the dogs thoughts btw:

EDIT: They count as citizens, but can still be pastured. Can also be war/hunt trained, but lose the ability to learn/perfom labors then. They cant be assigned as nobles or soldiers. I guess they could be elected to nobles though, if their social skills are high enough.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 01:58:27 pm by Meph »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #537 on: February 24, 2012, 01:58:09 pm »

Calm down hugo ^^

Creature:

Reaction:

Inorganic:
Ok I am calm now :P these findings will greatly forword my planned advance for Regen :)

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 24, 2012, 02:34:55 pm »

Calm down hugo ^^

Creature:

Reaction:

Inorganic:

Entity file is useless, so I wont post it. It doesnt change anything.

Here are the dogs thoughts btw:

EDIT: They count as citizens, but can still be pastured. Can also be war/hunt trained, but lose the ability to learn/perfom labors then. They cant be assigned as nobles or soldiers. I guess they could be elected to nobles though, if their social skills are high enough.

Would they still perform labors if the [CAN_SPEAK] and [INTELLIGENT] tags were removed but [CAN_LEARN] was retained, but they still had an entity file?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #539 on: February 24, 2012, 02:44:33 pm »

Dont know, do some testing ;) The entity file doesn matter, you dont need it at all.

I made some "enslaved elves" which are a copy of elves. I have only one question: Will they be hostile, or friendly and how can I affect it ? I want to transform captured sentient being into "enslaved" versions, but they have to be friendly. Adding pet tags maybe ? If someone knows that would be great, since testing would be slow... waiting for caravans, capturing, transforming.

Inorganic mats:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 544