Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043387 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2012, 11:16:01 pm »

Bye bye, dwarved guidance counselor and hello, clone-gas chamber.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 20, 2012, 11:17:59 pm »

with the new syndroms, when it says CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE, can you increase the soul attributes this way too?

Are there any attributes that can't be increased with this?

Soul attributes are increased with CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 21, 2012, 03:06:46 am »

Okay I'm working on the idea of a bogeyman could become a vampire.

but the way to pull this off is if I could either turn one into a vampire through interactions, or turn one into a human through interactions , then befriend it then take it to a fort so I can add them to the civ that way I could get it to feast on vampire blood lace meals.

the issue I'm having is making a spell that turns others into a creature.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 21, 2012, 03:21:59 am »

You guys are awesome, you know that?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 21, 2012, 04:09:09 am »

Concerning mists. Is there anyway to easily test them out? Anything i can change to make them show up frequently? Or do I just have to embark and hope for the best.

Mists are considered a kind breath attack. Unfortunately, I can't figure out the interaction syntax needed to make a creature that can control the weather at will. Learning how would be relevant to my interests; I could set FIRE TO THE RAIN.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Syndrome#Breath_Attack_Types
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 21, 2012, 06:47:13 am »

Not really a question but an interesting observation I've made through modding.
If you replace the True Resurrection spell's FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION with FIT_FOR_ANIMATION and raise something not attached to an upperbody, you create an entirely new creature of the same creature type (without a name). I haven't tested whether they gain new personalities in fort mode, but if they don't... Clones.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 21, 2012, 07:22:44 am »

So... I'm making a secret-type interaction (the ones like necromancy). Does one secret interaction = one tower? Do I have to duplicate the secret many times to make a lot of towers appear?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 21, 2012, 07:26:59 am »

Just tossing a hypothetical out here...
If you're anything like me, you probably wish you could butcher intelligents in adventure mode. After all, every true badass wears rings made of their fallen foe's bones. However, this isn't currently possible regardless of civ ethics.
However, what if there were a secret that allowed you to do so? What I have in mind is an interaction which effects corpses. It either removes the intelligent tag from them OR turns them into the corpse of an identical creature which is lacking that tag. (HUMAN:MALE to HUMAN_BUTCHER:MALE)
Is there any reason either of these workarounds should not work?

Further, is the IS_SECRET:IMMORTALITY tag necessary for books to be made regarding the secret? Or will NPCs seek out in world gen regardless?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Samech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 21, 2012, 08:31:21 am »

Hi, I recently fiddled about with the raws and came up with a race of my own, but I ran into some difficulties I do not know how to overcome.

1. The caste lacking [INTELLIGENT] keeps getting professions and positions, even king, at least during world-gen. Is there a way to stop that?

2. The matron caste rarely breeds and if they do, they have about 3 offspring at most. I tried it with this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3. The drone caste is reproducing. I added gender tags for the pronouns, and tried [CE_ADD_TAG:STERILE], which obviously didn't work. Any known way to keep the pronouns but prevent them from reproducing?

Zared

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 21, 2012, 09:40:08 am »

with the new syndroms, when it says CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE, can you increase the soul attributes this way too?

Are there any attributes that can't be increased with this?

You use CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE for soul attributes.  There aren't any that can't be changed that I know of.

Dienes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 21, 2012, 12:05:34 pm »

Not a question but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, when doing a RESURRECT interaction on a corpse you have to add NOTHOUGHT to the target or it retains its old allegiance and will remain hostile to the caster if it was hostile before getting resurrected. This is important if you want the raised creature to keep its skills since ANIMATE doesn't save the skills for the target.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #401 on: February 21, 2012, 12:14:47 pm »

If I transform a creature to another creature that has: NOPAIN and NOFEAR, LIKE_FIGHTING and so on... does it automatically apply, or do I have to add these tags in the syndrome as well ? (CE_addwhatever tags are needed)

I transformed dwarves into golems, but they act like civilians, fleeing the enemy, instead of acting like the unemotional pet it is.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 21, 2012, 01:10:28 pm »

Not sure about that. However, I have seen my bronze devastator golems go berserk due to the [PRONE_TO_RAGE] tag on the golem creature.

Note that I used those golems as polymorph forms, so yeah.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #403 on: February 21, 2012, 01:32:36 pm »

If I transform a creature to another creature that has: NOPAIN and NOFEAR, LIKE_FIGHTING and so on... does it automatically apply, or do I have to add these tags in the syndrome as well ? (CE_addwhatever tags are needed)

I transformed dwarves into golems, but they act like civilians, fleeing the enemy, instead of acting like the unemotional pet it is.
Does the Golems have [LARGE-PRED] [NATURAL] mainly the [NATURAL] tag makes them act like dogs (has aggresiveness) also make sure there is no [BENIGN] tag as a added bonus make the golems have [SAVAGE] (cats have [NATURAL] but also have [BENIGN] and [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE] but I think the [BENIGN] softens the creatures aggression.

I don't have that issue as my Golems are a caste of dwarf (allowing complete military control)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 21, 2012, 02:06:03 pm »

So with the previous version my soul mod was working just fine. I was able to butcher an animal, get its soul essence, and then turn that essence into a gem to be used for other interactions.

All of that still works now, except that the animal is also dropping a "Stray Dog, right false rib, soul bone". What is changed in the new raws that might cause this? Nothing I could see would be a reason.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 544