Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042211 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7425 on: March 31, 2014, 10:59:19 pm »

None and no. I'll have to write a script, if you want easy access.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: April 01, 2014, 12:06:49 am »

On a completely unrelated note (beards will have to be postponed as I've shifted the raws around about a dozen times now and they have yet to generate, though I'll leave them bellow anyways in case someone can figure out the exact issue), is there any way to replicate the melting in the rain bug that melted the dwarves back in 31.01?

Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: April 01, 2014, 12:20:40 am »

On a completely unrelated note (beards will have to be postponed as I've shifted the raws around about a dozen times now and they have yet to generate, though I'll leave them bellow anyways in case someone can figure out the exact issue), is there any way to replicate the melting in the rain bug that melted the dwarves back in 31.01?

Quick question, what were you doing to check for beards?

For some reason I never see beards in the arena. In the arena everyone always has extremely long hair and no mention of a beard. But I tried to gen a world with those raws you posted, with your fairies replacing dwarves, and the leprechaun I was adventuring as had sideburns, a double braided mustache, and a neatly combed beard.

As for rain, I suppose you could try toying with world-gen temperatures in the advanced world generator, but otherwise I don't know.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: April 01, 2014, 12:33:08 am »

Quick question, what were you doing to check for beards?

For some reason I never see beards in the arena. In the arena everyone always has extremely long hair and no mention of a beard. But I tried to gen a world with those raws you posted, with your fairies replacing dwarves, and the leprechaun I was adventuring as had sideburns, a double braided mustache, and a neatly combed beard.

I've placed the raws that enable facial hair right bellow the material definitions, yet above the physical attributes applied to player races (as well as the description modifiers). While I don't know why beards are omitted in the arena, the fact that they beards are based on human growth rates rather then dwarven ones might have something to do with it.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: April 01, 2014, 01:58:41 am »

Melting fat probably could just be done by lowering the melting point of fat to somewhere around 10050.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: April 01, 2014, 01:57:57 pm »

Alright then, is there a save decompresser I can use?

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: April 01, 2014, 04:45:30 pm »

I been getting errors from a custom color pattern recently:

Here's the error log line:
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature AFRICAN WILD DOG
Unrecognized Color Token: SPOTS_BUFF_CHARCOAL_DARK_BROWN

and here's the color pattern file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here's a piece of the creature raw:

Also always when i make a material and apply it to a creature it gives me a error that the material was not found.
And a piece of the material raw:

Same thing with custom tissue templates.
A answer on this would be appreciated by the way

mattychan

• Bay Watcher
  • Less than dabbling DF Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: April 01, 2014, 05:58:36 pm »

Hey guys been a lil while since i asked a question but i can't tell if it works it seems to but idk.
anyway is it possible to define learn rates of skills (eg, mining, wood cutting) in caste?
basically people being born to do a certain thing, and if it is, should they show up knowing that skill only or the regular mix.

I don't know if it will affect the mix of skills learned in world-gen, but you can give different castes different learning rates for various skills.

If I set [SKILL_RATES:0:0:0:0] on dwarves, generate a world, remove the token, and then embark:

- Dwarves at my fortress can learn as normal.
- Most migrants are historical skillless peasants or children. Perfect for assigning into whatever professions I want.
- Some migrants (~30%?) are randomly skilled non-historical dwarves with biased professions (mostly farming/fishing types).

So no matter what you do with learning rates, the game will create migrants out of thin air and give them random skills only limited to any skill that the civilization allows.

ty Urist Da Vinci and BlackFlyme i think i got what i wanted ^.^
If I ask a dumb question, please tell me. So we can bond over it.
Clearly egotistical. Moon Elves Rule!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7433 on: April 01, 2014, 06:05:04 pm »

@magnusen: A few days and no response
Have you tried with some vanilla color patterns? and even normal colors LIME may sound goofy just trying rule out an error with the color itself.
Next would be the tissues being selected, I know Toxicshadow had this issue with a living plant that had colored fruit, wouldn't take his custom pattern either. but that was a few years ago.

If all else fails clear it all out and try again. But get back after you try the different colors.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: April 01, 2014, 09:55:39 pm »

As strange as it sounds, the name of the new pattern file may be fucking with your efforts. Try sticking those new patterns at the end of descriptor_pattern_special.txt instead of a separate file and see if it works then.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 09:57:17 pm by scamtank »

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: April 01, 2014, 10:16:50 pm »

As strange as it sounds, the name of the new pattern file may be fucking with your efforts. Try sticking those new patterns at the end of descriptor_pattern_special.txt instead of a separate file and see if it works then.
Worked.It seems the game doesn't like the names of my files XD.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: April 01, 2014, 10:21:25 pm »

Glad it was just that simple.

Some time back I was pulling my hair out in bloody chunks over body detail plans not sticking. Turns out that stuff like OBJECT:BODY_DETAIL_PLAN files need to be named in the format "b_detail_plan_xxxyyyzzz.txt" or else they won't do anything. Looks like they aren't the only ones.

As long as the filename starts with "descriptor_pattern", you should be alright keeping them separate.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:24:15 pm by scamtank »

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: April 01, 2014, 10:24:34 pm »

@magnusen: A few days and no response
Have you tried with some vanilla color patterns? and even normal colors LIME may sound goofy just trying rule out an error with the color itself.
Next would be the tissues being selected, I know Toxicshadow had this issue with a living plant that had colored fruit, wouldn't take his custom pattern either. but that was a few years ago.

If all else fails clear it all out and try again. But get back after you try the different colors.
Sorry for that.Next time i will be more descriptive.Placed the data in the descriptor_pattern_special raw and no errors appeared.I guess the game does not recognize my custom files maybe because of the name of the file.

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: April 01, 2014, 10:35:40 pm »

Glad it was just that simple.

Some time back I was pulling my hair out in bloody chunks over body detail plans not sticking. Turns out that stuff like OBJECT:BODY_DETAIL_PLAN files need to be named in the format "b_detail_plan_xxxyyyzzz.txt" or else they won't do anything. Looks like they aren't the only ones.

As long as the filename starts with "descriptor_pattern", you should be alright keeping them separate.
Yes i also changed the name of a material file "material_custom_template" to "material_template_custom".Like you said,some files are only recognized by the game when they start with some name (in this case "material_template").

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: April 02, 2014, 07:22:35 pm »

Is it possible to give a civ axes for woodcutting but keep them from using them in their military?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 544