Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1041629 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6960 on: January 10, 2014, 03:57:45 am »

Excellent! That fixes the issue I was hung up on for BPFA and gets the ball rolling on the project I had in mind for afterwards!
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: January 10, 2014, 08:58:42 am »

I've encountered a problem, while testing a civ. Any civ member can haul an item, but unable to perform hauling jobs normally. Once i designate a stockpile, everybody rushes to take an appropriate item, picks it up and then just walk away with an item, not even trying to move it to stockpile.
Does anybody knows what this problem  can be ralated to?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6962 on: January 10, 2014, 09:24:11 am »

No grasp body part?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: January 10, 2014, 09:36:39 am »

That was the first thing i checked. They have three.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: January 10, 2014, 10:34:03 am »

Does the creature have [EQUIPS] and [CANOPENDOORS]?

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: January 10, 2014, 11:27:07 am »

Yes, it has both.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: January 10, 2014, 02:07:32 pm »

Do they have any of the CURIOUSBEAST tokens?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: January 10, 2014, 02:33:21 pm »

You need 12 reagents, the poison, the barrel and 10 times 1 vial, use DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT on the poison, and the product is 10 times this:

[PRODUCT:100:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:PLANT_MAT:pioson id:EXTRACT][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:1] (1-10)
Ah, so you can't shove all ten single units in the same vial? That might have been what triggered the crash then...
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6968 on: January 10, 2014, 04:34:10 pm »

I feel a bit silly for asking this: But how do I make a creature frostbite/fire immune again? I used this, but apparently its still possible to die of cold.

Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
[FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]
[FIREIMMUNE]
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: January 10, 2014, 04:36:15 pm »

Try setting HOMEOTHERM, FIXED_TEMP and MAT_FIXED_TEMP.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6970 on: January 10, 2014, 05:11:44 pm »

I added this on caste level:
      [FIXED_TEMP:10015]
      [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]
      [FIREIMMUNE]
      [HOMEOTHERM]

And this on creature level:   
   [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
      [COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
      [HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
      [IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
      [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:100015]

Still... instant death from their own frost nova, which is a AoE effect using an inorganic with temp:1000.  :-\

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: January 10, 2014, 05:37:21 pm »

Maybe i am wrong, but shouldn't [HOMEOTHERM]  have an argument and look like [ HOMEOTHERM:1000]?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: January 10, 2014, 06:50:37 pm »

Vozban is correct, Homeotherm requires a value, i believe.  ALso, Meph, slight typo, your mat fixed temp on the creature level is different from the caste level one.  Unless that is intentional.  Otherwise, I don't know, I know how to make things not melt, but not how to make them not freeze.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: January 10, 2014, 07:09:01 pm »

Success with the venom 'refinement'!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ten units of imported venom come in one stack of ten, and ten units of embark venom come in two stacks of five. Since the reaction always produces ten units of venom from one stack, you can double your venom by bringing lots of it with you. I don't really care about this.

The reaction looks for venom stacks in barrels, not imported venom specifically. If you make your own in single-unit stacks and one of those stacks ends up in a barrel, it'll get converted into ten units if it has the reaction class CREATURE_EXTRACT.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6974 on: January 11, 2014, 02:41:37 am »

CREATURE_EXTRACT => this also covers milk and honey, and other possible non-poison things.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 544