Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1041578 times)

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6915 on: January 04, 2014, 09:32:54 pm »

But what would I need to type? I checked out iron's properties in inorganic_metal and it has dozens of lines. Do I need to put all that next to METAL_TEMPLATE?
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: January 04, 2014, 09:34:53 pm »

under the material definition, which is the USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE token.

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: January 04, 2014, 09:53:24 pm »

Hahah I think I just borked everything by putting all the iron stuff there. I must have done something wrong. Thanks for your help guys, but I think I will refrain from modifying things too much.
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: January 05, 2014, 10:08:43 am »

Does anyone know of a script similar to the old "dfstatus"? It simply opened a new window that listed your metal bars, logs, meals, etc. It was so convenient!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6919 on: January 05, 2014, 11:10:17 am »

Does anyone know of a script similar to the old "dfstatus"? It simply opened a new window that listed your metal bars, logs, meals, etc. It was so convenient!!
There is something thats probably better: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125164.msg4862334#msg4862334
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: January 06, 2014, 01:03:27 am »

Can you add an interaction to a creature, post worldgen? I have one that causes no errors in the arena, but loading up a fortress with the creatures present gets me no action and a couple of lines in the errorlog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can't reproduce the error by messing around with the magma crab's interaction.

Creature raw:

interaction_standard.txt

The intention with this is to make the cave dragon kill anything that isn't a cave dragon. It's lacking an off switch at the moment, but arena loyalties make it impossible to test if the on switch is working. I get the two appropriate messages though.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6921 on: January 06, 2014, 01:17:18 am »

Yes. Or to be more precise: Creatures do not use interactions in worldgen, so just add the interactions, and they will use them in fort mode/adv mode when you meet them.

For example I have a dwarven caste that turns into a monster after 1 year. They never transform in worldgen, but if they migrate to your fort, they will start the countdown and transform 1 year later.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

20firebird

• Bay Watcher
  • how did i get here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: January 06, 2014, 01:58:31 am »

*edits this post too much*
Is there a way to make an animal milkable for poisons (with syndromes) and shearable for quills? I would also like to make eggs apply a syndrome on contact.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:51:43 am by 20firebird »
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6923 on: January 06, 2014, 02:58:27 am »

Does a creature, that learned an interaction from a syndrome, keep that interaction after dying and being resurrected?

Example: Dwarf learns stoneskin-spell. Dwarf dies. Dwarf gets resurrected. Can he still cast stoneskin?

EDIT: Does anyone have any husks/thralls lying around? I couldnt find any in the interaction examples that come with DF, nor with forum search. They should be procedually generated content in the world.dat. Anyone has the raws for them?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:07:25 am by Meph »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: January 06, 2014, 09:50:47 am »

Does a creature, that learned an interaction from a syndrome, keep that interaction after dying and being resurrected?

Example: Dwarf learns stoneskin-spell. Dwarf dies. Dwarf gets resurrected. Can he still cast stoneskin?

He should, as far as I know.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: January 06, 2014, 11:33:27 am »

Yes. Or to be more precise: Creatures do not use interactions in worldgen, so just add the interactions, and they will use them in fort mode/adv mode when you meet them.

For example I have a dwarven caste that turns into a monster after 1 year. They never transform in worldgen, but if they migrate to your fort, they will start the countdown and transform 1 year later.

They will use some interactions, just not syndrome ones. For example, sometimes you see "was burned to death" by a dragon in legends mode.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6926 on: January 06, 2014, 12:34:03 pm »

Ah. so they use MATERIAL_EMISSIONS, but not INTERACTION:Interaction-Id, which is then defined in the interaction file.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: January 06, 2014, 03:34:48 pm »

I'm trying to get a dragon civ to spawn, but so far I have had no luck, even with multiple worldgens. I've checked entity_dragon.txt for any mistakes, but I can't find just what makes them not appear. I know it's not the dragon itself, because I removed the file and they spawned, but apart from that I've no idea. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: January 06, 2014, 03:42:35 pm »

If that's the whole file, you forgot entity_dragon at the top and OBJECT:ENTITY right below.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: January 06, 2014, 04:24:21 pm »

If that's the whole file, you forgot entity_dragon at the top and OBJECT:ENTITY right below.
... *facepalm*
Thank you Putnam. It's working now.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 544