Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042102 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6330 on: November 03, 2013, 03:45:23 pm »

can someone make me a interaction example of blood rain

There are already examples of how to do special interactions such as weather, secrets, and night creatures in our raw files, but here you go:
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:EXAMPLE RAIN]
[I_SOURCE:REGION]
[IS_REGION:EVIL_ONLY]
[IS_REGION:SAVAGE_ALLOWED]
[IS_REGION:ANY_TERRAIN]
[IS_FREQUENCY:100]
[I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:BLOOD:WEATHER_FALLING_MATERIAL]
[I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_INTERMITTENT:WEEKLY]

This should hopefully make it rain dwarf blood in all evil regions. I'm not too experienced in interactions though, so if I made a mistake, could someone point it out to me?

E: Don't want to double post, but I've got a strange new problem.

A custom creature I'm working on is able to lose its tail multiple times. The first time it is severed as normal, but every subsequent time it creates "partial remains" instead. Has anyone seen this before?

Here are the raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:46:40 pm by BlackFlyme »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: November 03, 2013, 04:49:11 pm »

Don't want to double post, but I've got a strange new problem.

A custom creature I'm working on is able to lose its tail multiple times. The first time it is severed as normal, but every subsequent time it creates "partial remains" instead. Has anyone seen this before?

Here are the raws:
I feel honored that my topic managed to inspire you to make living weapons.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: November 03, 2013, 04:57:10 pm »

Don't want to double post, but I've got a strange new problem.

I feel honored that my topic managed to inspire you to make living weapons.

Apparently no-one else has done it before, and I finally have some free time from school, so it seems a good time to start working on it. I'm actually a bit surprised that it hasn't been done before.

This is just the rough version I posted in your thread though. I was just testing it to make sure it worked first when I noticed I was losing its "hilt" multiple times in a row. I'm not entirely sure how I want to make it yet, but I've a few ideas. Maybe I should start a thread once I get a proper base creature set up, and get a few other opinions.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: November 03, 2013, 05:26:34 pm »

The partial remains thing is known, kind of, but I don't think it's really been reliably replicated, and might vary from test to test. Putnam's post might be a clue, but the body you've used doesn't seem to qualify. (and I feel compelled to say that there have been living, or at least animate, weapon creatures in mods.)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6334 on: November 03, 2013, 05:55:11 pm »

Seeds should be SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:POTATO:SEED.

Aha, I really should've tried that. My only defense is it was 5 AM or so at the time. Thanks again!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: November 03, 2013, 05:59:23 pm »

The partial remains thing is known, kind of, but I don't think it's really been reliably replicated, and might vary from test to test. Putnam's post might be a clue, but the body you've used doesn't seem to qualify. (and I feel compelled to say that there have been living, or at least animate, weapon creatures in mods.)

Oh hey, I've posted in there too. Though that problem wasn't discussed as much as how armour protects certain bodyparts.

I've seen some mods with animated armour, but I haven't seen any with weapons. Meph mentioned he couldn't find any either.
I might make an entire set of animated weapons sometime, once I find out if it has been done before or not.
It hasnt. I looked for something like that, never found anything. Genesis has animated armors with weapons+shields, but thats it.
Though if there is one it may make my work a bit easier, depending on how it compares to my idea of how they would work.

I've had this problem before, but it was caused by a body part not having any tissues. Even then, I wasn't able to lose the same part more than once. I'm going to make sure that I didn't miss a body-part or tissues, though I doubt it, since there are only two parts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: November 03, 2013, 06:01:23 pm »

I've made a few creatures with weapon-parts. Lord English ("cherubic Lord of Time"), for example, has a cane/gun; Bec Noir ("prototyped/sovereign slayer") has a sword.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: November 03, 2013, 09:23:07 pm »

I switched the tissues from there being a metal and a wooden component to just a metal one, and it seems to have fixed the problem. I'm guessing there was some sort of tissue error. Normal weapons are purely metal anyways, so this new way makes more sense. It will also increase the creature's survivability if I go through with my idea of having it "die" when the blade is separated from the hilt.

But now there's another thing confusing me.

Is it normal to see multiple wounds of the same type on the same body part like this? I've never seen this before. It's minor, at least, so if it can't be fixed then it won't bother me much.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6338 on: November 03, 2013, 10:20:16 pm »

I return with another question!

So I'm trying to make a reaction that creates liquor in a barrel.

[REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][EMPTY]
[PRODUCT:50:40:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:RICE:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]

I've looked at a reference reaction and everything seems in order. The rest of the reaction doesn't use any plants as a reagent, just some other mod items, but I don't think that should effect it...

Thanks in advance!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: November 03, 2013, 10:22:38 pm »

that's just way too much drink.

Also, it needs a PRODUCT_DIMENSION of 150.

Also, why only 50%?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6340 on: November 03, 2013, 10:45:19 pm »

Well in this case the other reagents it takes are sort've difficult to generate, so I figured I'd give a larger amount of drink then usual (unless that's an issue with making the reaction work). Annnd 50% because the reaction also offers other things, although I'm still looking into where it should be exactly, just in the process of testing reactions now.

Annnnd Product_Dimension of 150, check. Thanks!

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: November 03, 2013, 11:05:48 pm »

Bear in mind that the hardcoded barrels can only actually fit 15 units of drink when used with custom reactions. (Toady cheats them in there ignoring the capcity.) If you're not using a large pot or some other similar food storage container for the reaction, you'll get 25 of those drink units spilled on the ground.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6342 on: November 03, 2013, 11:08:33 pm »

oh, 15 only huh? Hmm. Might be why it's still not working (just creating a stack of 40 booze and a barrel), I'll give that a shot.

EDIT: Thaaaat did it! Thanks both of you!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:16:34 pm by Seriyu »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: November 04, 2013, 12:55:36 am »

trying to make wood plentiful

so I made this (i realize i should pull the fuel token)

reaction_smelter2

[OBJECT:REACTION]

-- This core file has been changed for Civilization Forge

[REACTION:WOOD_BLOCKS_TO_COKE]
[NAME:make coke from wood blocks]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:wooden item:1:BLOCKS:PLANT_MAT:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

yet. it's using shale blocks to fuel the smelter vs the wood planks that are made.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 01:05:54 am by thistleknot »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: November 04, 2013, 01:08:21 am »

BLOCKS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:NONE
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 544