Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1042557 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3630 on: January 06, 2013, 08:53:36 pm »

Large Address Aware.
Note that this only works on the Windows version of DF. Mac and Linux versions should already use the same amount of RAM as the LAA version does.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

vault13dweller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: January 06, 2013, 11:07:59 pm »

Large Address Aware.

When I try to use large address aware, Dwarf Fortress says that the index file is missing even though it's quite clearly there.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3632 on: January 07, 2013, 02:15:34 am »

Syndrome question, can I attach a syndrome to a material?

And if so... say I have a metal that has a syndrome that effects a set of enemies, the syndrome is contact, if an enemy is hit with it, will it take effect? Or does that still not work?

As I recall it didn't work very well, or at all, back when I last tried my hand at this stuff.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3633 on: January 07, 2013, 02:22:22 am »

Yes you can give a metal a syndrome, but it will not trigger on contact. There are only two ways to do that. Ammo that is made of a metal that melts at body temperature.. if the bolt/arrow gets stuck in the enemy, it will melt, and the creature will be affected by the syndrome.

Way easier: Use the SPATTER_ADD plugin of dfhack. Both Genesis and Masterwork use it to coat weapons with materials that have syndromes. These always take affect when a target is hit, and you can coat weapons, traps or ammo. To see how it is done, simply check the dfhack readme, or my mod raws for the toxicist or runesmith. Both use the same system.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3634 on: January 07, 2013, 02:45:31 am »

Hmmmmmm, I'll look into it, thank yah! :D

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: January 07, 2013, 03:48:56 am »

I've been rolling around producing my own body parts in the body_default raw file, and I have a question which the wiki doesn't seem to be too specific about.

with the CONTYPE and CON_CAT tokens, it say it "Connects the body part to all other body parts having the specified CATEGORY/TYPE"

So does that mean if there are multiple body parts of the category RIGHT_ARM_LOWER and I set a body part to CON_CAT:RIGHT_ARM_LOWER it will produce multiple body parts each connected to a respective part of that category? Or does it mean that it will connect a singular part to ALL parts of that category, effectively fusing them together?

I'll provide some code to make it a little easier to understand. Specifically this bit.

Code: [Select]
[BODY:FOUR_ARMS]
[BP:RUA:right upper arm:STP][CATEGORY:RIGHT_ARM_UPPER][LIMB][RIGHT][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:RLA:right lower arm:STP][CATEGORY:RIGHT_ARM_LOWER][LIMB][RIGHT][CON:RUA]
[BP:LUA:left upper arm:STP][CATEGORY:LEFT_ARM_UPPER][LIMB][LEFT][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY]
[BP:LLA:left lower arm:STP][CATEGORY:LEFT_ARM_LOWER][LIMB][LEFT][CON:LUA]
[BP:RUA2:right upper arm:STP][CATEGORY:RIGHT_ARM_UPPER][LIMB][RIGHT][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY]
[BP:RLA2:right lower arm:STP][CATEGORY:RIGHT_ARM_LOWER][LIMB][RIGHT][CON:RUA2]
[BP:LUA2:left upper arm:STP][CATEGORY:LEFT_ARM_UPPER][LIMB][LEFT][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY]
[BP:LLA2:left lower arm:STP][CATEGORY:LEFT_ARM_LOWER][LIMB][LEFT][CON:LUA2]

[BODY:HUMAN_HANDS]
[BP:RHAND:right hand:STP][CATEGORY:RIGHT_HAND][GRASP][RIGHT][CON_CAT:RIGHT_ARM_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]
[BP:LHAND:left hand:STP][CATEGORY:LEFT_HAND][GRASP][LEFT][CON_CAT:LEFT_ARM_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]

Would this code produce a creature with four hands as intended or just two hands?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: January 07, 2013, 03:41:26 pm »

It'll connect one to each part, like with all the other ones, I'm pretty sure.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3637 on: January 07, 2013, 05:47:27 pm »

Okay, another load of questions.

One, one of my creatures has no tissue thickness, and as such all attacks pass through it. I've fiddled with too many values and tags and such in body templates and such to count and nothing seems to work. The most I've managed to get is the fat, muscle, and skin layers to vanish, and crash DF in the process somehow.

Luckily the next two are far less involved.

Two, is there any way to make bites more deadly? I'd like a human sized creature to be severing limbs and hands and such with it's bites, my initial fiddling (raising CONTACT_PERC on it's bite attack) seemed to make it less deadly, in fact.

Three, semi related, will giving the creature some set wrestling skill make it's bites more deadly?

Fourth, I lied, there's a fourth one, I have an interaction that inflicts pain on the head (thanks again to ya'll for helping me figure out localized syndromes), it's at severity 1000, and it still does only slight pain. Is there a way to increase the potency?

Thanks in advance, yet again.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: January 07, 2013, 05:52:20 pm »

Is it possible to make a creature turn into a husk or something when a certain bodypart is broken or gone?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: January 07, 2013, 06:24:21 pm »

Ultimuh: Yes, with a layer of stuffs under the bottom layer that causes husking.

Seriyu: 1. UB isn't a type, it's a token. You want BY_TOKEN.
You don't have any tissues. You need those. It's pretty clear, though, that you need only one: GAS.
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:GAS:GAS_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE:GAS]
[TISSUE_NAME:gas:gas]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:GAS]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:GAS]

That should fix it.

2. Increase velocity as well as contact perc and penetration perc. Just increase all of them. Velocity can be increased with the ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER token. 1000 is the default.

3. No, but biting skill will make it more accurate.

4. Increase severity?

Just put that in your

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3640 on: January 07, 2013, 06:31:59 pm »

Ahah! And can severity go above 1000? The wiki says 1000 is the max, but I guess it might be out of date, I'll give it a shot. Thank yah yet again!

EDIT: Yep, raising the severity seems to help out, although it doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot irregardless. Might have to rethink the interaction.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:44:05 pm by Seriyu »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: January 07, 2013, 06:48:37 pm »

The wiki says 1000 is the max

No it doesn't. Where'd you see that?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3642 on: January 07, 2013, 06:52:17 pm »

Oh. No it doesn't, my mistake. Maybe I got it confused with the probability.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: January 08, 2013, 01:41:58 am »

Wait. Probability is out of 1000 and not out of 100?

That's interesting.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: January 08, 2013, 01:50:47 am »

Wait. Probability is out of 1000 and not out of 100?

That's interesting.
Not it's not. Probability is out of 100, not 1000.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 544